what should i do now?

I'm telling you SP, your going to like that M&P :) if you can shoot it first.

I'm telling you SP, your going to like that M&P :) if you can shoot it first.
Hi RJ, I will call the other gunshops to see if they have one I can rent. I really do want to try it out before I buy,
It's no fun having your ccwp with no weapon. It is like having your drivers liscence without a car. :)

Hey Princess...Cluznar brought up a good point that I forgot to ask, you fired aproximately 75 rounds, how did your hand feel? I never gave it a second thought only becuase you were shooting so well. Still want you to shoot my M&P .40. I have noticed only a slight difference in the recoil between the LC9 and my .40 and I think you would be really surprised. I bought the M&P intending for full time carry, I have spent a small fortune on holsters trying to find just the right one. So now I have more changes of holsters than I do shoes but I finally found one that I like and is comfortable but just a little bulky and heavy to carry and conceal in the summer on my skinny butt. I also need to get a different belt to help carry the weight. The LC9 carries very nice, don't even notice it's there even while driving.

Remember what we talked about, if faced by an aggressor and you are forced to draw and fire your weapon you may only have a few seconds to hit your mark to stop the BG. This works out to 3 or 4 rounds maybe, if you don't stop him in this time or the shots fired didn't scare the crap out of him and he turn tailed and ran he probably will get you and your weapon with multiple rounds remaining in your gun. SO.........You have to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! make the first three or four count. Practice, Practice, Practice. Have a great day.

Hi Bill, My hand was fine, it wasn't stinging or anything, after shooting the LC9. Your M&P 40, I am worried about the recoil, because it uses the larger bullets. I don't want to fire it and be shocked if it jumps out of my hand. Yea you have a good point,
make the first three or four count, which is kind of why I want to purchase a M&P also, so I can use a 17mag, just in case I miss the first few shots. Seventeen bullets is better than seven. :)

SP - I taught my sisters to shoot my 45ACP 1911 when they were 14. Controlling the gun, in most cases, is more a function of mindset than physical strength. Your preconceptions will make it as easy, or hard as your attitude permits, again, in most cases.

Still believe a Bersa Thunder .380 is an excellent first time carry gun. 9mm is also, I always carry my Bersa .380 or Ruger SR9c.

:victory:

SP - I taught my sisters to shoot my 45ACP 1911 when they were 14. Controlling the gun, in most cases, is more a function of mindset than physical strength. Your preconceptions will make it as easy, or hard as your attitude permits, again, in most cases.
Hi fudo! I was wondering where you were. Did you see my post I have my ccwp. I am pretty certain I am not going to purchase the bigger caliber. Thanks for your response. :)

Hi RJ, I will call the other gunshops to see if they have one I can rent. I really do want to try it out before I buy,
It's no fun having your ccwp with no weapon. It is like having your drivers liscence without a car. :)

Or having a car with no drivers license lol But I know how you feel, when I first started carrying I didn't have a weapon of my own. I was nice being able to have my own! Good luck on your quest SP. :)

Or having a car with no drivers license lol But I know how you feel, when I first started carrying I didn't have a weapon of my own. I was nice being able to have my own! Good luck on your quest SP. :)
Hi RJ, Now I don't feel so bad. I am going to the gunshow in Charlotte this weekend. I should find something I like. :)

f0dxlc.jpg

Link Removed

Link Removed

Still believe a Bersa Thunder .380 is an excellent first time carry gun. 9mm is also, I always carry my Bersa .380 or Ruger SR9c.

:victory:
Hi cluznar! I want to buy a 9mm weapon, this is one decision which has been made, and should narrow my choices down. I am still excited about the M&P 9mmc.

The M&P9c should be good for you SP. I've held them in the past (though not shot it) and they were very solid feeling. Of the ones you've mentioned you're looking at I'd go with it.

I'm happy you have decided to try the larger caliber weapon. It may not be the caliber you want to purchase but......you'll get a feel for it and see that it isn't the monster that it sounds like at the range. In my case I find that recoil on my .40 is limited to straight back against my hand with very little upward motion which makes it easy to control and re aim. Yes it kicks but as I have said before no more than the LC9. Girl...You can do it, I know you can.

Going shopping tomorrow for another gun, if I can find my price i'll have it at the next range session if your willing to try it out.

Hi fudo! I was wondering where you were. Did you see my post I have my ccwp. I am pretty certain I am not going to purchase the bigger caliber. Thanks for your response. :)

Hi SP. I've been dealing with some health issues. Congratulations on getting your permit. The gun to get is the one that fits your hand the best, that is the easiest to use, in the biggest caliber you can handle well.

M&P 9c is nice Superprincess, a 9mm will defend you well. I know once you get a gun you will practice at the range.
Once carrying concealed becomes second nature you will be fine. I pity any other bad guy who tries to rob you.
However, do watch videos online about robberies with guns so you have an idea of a decent plan if you are robbed again.

I agree, you should arm yourself to protect yourself, but wringing your hands over what already happened is a waste of your time and emotional resources.

How would things be any different today if you had been armed then? Would you and the perp have had a gun battle over the value of the items in your safe? Would his blood and guts and brains now be splattered all over your walls and ceiling and floor? What would it cost to clean up that mess? Would the notch in bed post be enough solace for the trauma and physical aftermath of a gun battle?

There's a lot of Monday morning bravado that gets regurgitated. Be thankful for what didn't happen and move on to prepare yourself for protecting yourself in the future.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back