what should i do now?

yes it's been known to cause suicidal tendencies yet big pharma keeps pushing that crap

They probably should use one of big pharma's normal scientist as a test subject, to see exactly how the human brain behaves on their crap. Did you know Tom Cruise is totally against it.

Thanks cluznar, the gunshow will help me to figure out the best one. Even if I don't make the purchase there. Someone said the gunshows usually don't have the best prices. What is your opinion??? Now the 9mm seems like the best choice, after seeing a video of the S&W M&P compact.

Thanks cluznar, the gunshow will help me to figure out the best one. Even if I don't make the purchase there. Someone said the gunshows usually don't have the best prices. What is your opinion??? Now the 9mm seems like the best choice, after seeing a video of the S&W M&P compact.

If you buy a M&P 9c you will love it! Just make sure whatever gun you do end up buying make sure you shoot the hell out of at and take of it afterwards. I wish you luck in your journey! :)

Aren't the M&P 9s and M&P .40c's on the same frame, and doesn't the 9mm have a 12 round mag? Hmmm, I think your right, the princess may like it.

Aren't the M&P 9s and M&P .40c's on the same frame, and doesn't the 9mm have a 12 round mag? Hmmm, I think your right, the princess may like it.

What is a 9s? If your referring to the Shield, that's just what it is, a Shield. Also, the Shield is a single stack and the compacts are double stacks, and the compact does take a 12 round mag, but will also accept fullsize 17 round mags. I'd go with a compact over a Shield as you have more options.

What is a 9s? If your referring to the Shield that's just what it a Shield. Also, the Shield is a single stack and the compacts are double stacks, and the compact does take a 12 round mag, but will also accept fullsize 17 round mags. I'd go with a compact over a Shield as you have more options.
Hi RJ, I just read a review on single vs double and the person was saying the single stack is more reliable. Do you agree with this statement copied and pasted from Marcus L. October 19, 2008, 08:03 PM
Single stacks consist of a single column of ammunition stacked one on top of the other.

Double stacks are two columns of ammunition stacked together in a staggered manner(looks like a zipper). As the rounds are feed into the pistol they are pushed into the top magazine taper which acts as a funnel to feed into the pistol.

Single stacks are inheritantly more reliable in that they require less pressure to feed, and they put limited friction on the rounds being fed into the pistol. They are also less prone to suffering from drop jumbles where if you drop a loaded magazine on the ground the ammunition stays aligned properlyl.

Double stacked magazines give you about double the magazine capacity of single stacks, but they are "slightly" less reliable for two reasons. They are more prone to drop jumbles and the ammunition loses alignment and won't feed without fixing the problem. The second reason is that as the rounds are being fed into the top taper of the magazine the cartridges roll against themselves and if there is dust present, it can cause slow feeding speeds and malfunctions. Then of course, there is additional pressure needed from the magazine spring to push the cartridges up through the magazine taper and weak springs will cause malfuctions.

So, both designs have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Hi Bill, I am not so sure about this double stacked after I read the review online. It seems like it causes more failures than a single stack. What do you think????

I disagree, Double Stacks are more than fine have been used for years. I've dropped my fullsize M&P mags in dust and dirt and have had no feed problems. I've even stepped on them before and nothing has happend.Look when that post was made way back in 08.

Mag and designs have changed in general since then, all Glock has is double stack mag and people love those guns. The M&P is no different, most feed problems contribute to poor ammo choices. Don't let a 2-3 year review off put you to a double stack, like I said if you get the M&P 9c you'll love it.

Thanks, maybe since that particular review had been posted the mags have been updated possibly. It's probably best not to read older reviews... :)

Stand your Ground
Did you know evil never sleeps
He roams around mostly at night
Which really gives me the creeps
It seems he doesn’t like the light

My life almost came to an end
What should I do now
This question I asked many friends
This was when I made a vow

To protect myself and be aware
Buy a handgun maybe two
Look to God and say a prayer
Always remain faithful and true

I will soon go to the gunshow
Maybe to pick a Smith and Wesson
Which will deliver a mighty blow
He will not expect this hard lesson

I am not sure which one is the best
So much confusion and my way is lost
I feel like I am being put to the test
Evil will pay the ultimate cost

Hey everyone I had a good session at the range today, thanks to Bill and his new weapon. I am still nervous, he said, I did pretty good. It was my fourth time at the range. Maybe next time will be better.

Pretty good? I didn't say that. Girl! You did great for an unfamiliar weapon. You would have done the dirty deed to the BG. on the second shot. and ruined his life on the rest. Confidence and practice. Folks, she did great. Princess you did great!

Pretty good? I didn't say that. Girl! You did great for an unfamiliar weapon. You would have done the dirty deed to the BG. on the second shot. and ruined his life on the rest. Confidence and practice. Folks, she did great. Princess you did great!
Thanks Bill, You made me laugh, I love AC/DC dirty deeds. Thanks for the compliment, but I doubt if I could have done that well with a real live BG dodging bullets. Maybe the gun range should have moving targets.

Hey everyone, I enjoyed the gunshow and met a friend there, because of work, I didn't spend enough time. A couple of hours isn't enough time to spend at the show to make a decision. My choices are narrowed down to the S&W M&P 9mm compact and the Sig p938. My complaint with the sig is, for the price the company is charging there should be two mags. Other than that it seems to be the ideal ccw.

Hey everyone, I enjoyed the gunshow and met a friend there, because of work, I didn't spend enough time. A couple of hours isn't enough time to spend at the show to make a decision. My choices are narrowed down to the S&W M&P 9mm compact and the Sig p938. My complaint with the sig is, for the price the company is charging there should be two mags. Other than that it seems to be the ideal ccw.

The M&P comes with two mags :)

Your instinks do you well, for what it is the Sig is way overpriced............go with the M&P

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back