what should i do now?

Very well said indeed.....................................

Hi SP. I've been dealing with some health issues. Congratulations on getting your permit. The gun to get is the one that fits your hand the best, that is the easiest to use, in the biggest caliber you can handle well.
Thanks fudo, I hope you are feeling better and taking care of yourself! I am planning on making my purchase this weekend, at the gunshow. Hopefully they have a S&W M&P 9mmc, if it seems to big for concealed carry then I may have to go with something smaller. :)

The M&P9c should be good for you SP. I've held them in the past (though not shot it) and they were very solid feeling. Of the ones you've mentioned you're looking at I'd go with it.
Hi Numenor! I like the fact the M&P has a 17mag. Just in case I keep missing my target. :)

I'm happy you have decided to try the larger caliber weapon. It may not be the caliber you want to purchase but......you'll get a feel for it and see that it isn't the monster that it sounds like at the range. In my case I find that recoil on my .40 is limited to straight back against my hand with very little upward motion which makes it easy to control and re aim. Yes it kicks but as I have said before no more than the LC9. Girl...You can do it, I know you can.

Going shopping tomorrow for another gun, if I can find my price i'll have it at the next range session if your willing to try it out.
Hi Bill, I will give it my best shot! You are definitely a gun enthusiast, which is a good thing! :)

M&P 9c is nice Superprincess, a 9mm will defend you well. I know once you get a gun you will practice at the range.
Once carrying concealed becomes second nature you will be fine. I pity any other bad guy who tries to rob you.
However, do watch videos online about robberies with guns so you have an idea of a decent plan if you are robbed again.
Hi cluznar! I forgot to tell you I am going to purchase a membership at the range, more practice the better. There are some shocking videos online! Thanks for the very good advice, youtube may have a few. :)

Nuclear Fusion

In dreamland anything
can happen
Anything will happen
as you will see
And so it is with the
princess
Who lives in the castle
by the sea

For you this story
I will write
There came a mad
visitor
On a late summer’s
night
With an awesome loud
thunder roar

The hurricane from
the sea
With arms stretching
to the shore
To grab what is
appealing
Reaching far beyond
and more

With blue lightning
flashing
The monster crashed
onto the shore
And the ocean foamed
at the mouth
Like an angry beast
after blood and gore

Safe in the castle
fast asleep
The princess was lost
in the land
of illusion
A land of vampires and
demons
Joined together like
nuclear fusion

Vampires and demons
come
With an angry stare and
a hiss
Through pointed
bloodsucking teeth
With a wicked smile of
gum disease

A dream of evil all
back in black
Come to take her to
hell
Outside warning bells
ringing
The tidal waves did
swell

Dreams fade in dreams
fade out
She’s only a princess
in a strange land
A land of dreams and
illusions
Illusions of TNT
To blow them to hell

heheh that paints a dark and stormy night
hopefully by daylight
all was made right
to the dreamers delight
and all monsters out of sight
just a quick impromptu
for you
the dreamer
and redeemer

Hi RJ! You definitely have good taste! The BG who messes with you, will get more than he bargain for. It is always better to give than to receive! :)

One thing to consider SP... Is swapping out the barrel/mags for a different caliber. By this I mean you can buy a M&P40c, drop in a 9mm barrel and change the mags to the 9mm (not really needed but recommended) and you'll have a 9mm shooter as well.

This way you could (if you decided to later) go up to a .40 without having to buy a new handgun. Heck, you could also get a barrel for .357SIG and have three calibers for one gun. Do note though, you can only convert DOWN .40S&W >> .357SIG >> 9mm, you cannot get a M&P9c and convert up.

I'm probably going to do this with my XD-40sc someday for giggles if nothing else. =)

First you'll need to apply for a "buyers permit" at your local Sherriffs office, and depending where you are in NC and how "busy" they are it could be a quick as 24 hours to do your background check. I know here in Rowan I had mine the next day. Also if this was at work you'd have to check Company Policy on employee's being armed. I'd also look into a CCW Permit, and get the right weapon for you. Try a few different handguns out before you make the purchase. What works for some may NOT be good for you. Also try different types of rounds, some kick more than others. If you can't control it, it's not gonna help.
Glad you still around to talk about it though. I know you're gonna be a bit edgy for awhile. That "paranoia" can or will work with or against ya.

Wait- You have to have a permit to just "BUY" a gun in NC?
(This is something I did not know.) :confused:

Are you just talking about a background check & 24hr waiting period; or to you actually have to get a "permit"?

--------------

Op;
I'm sorry for what you've gone through. I worked graveyard at a local stop & rob that was the most robbed store in the city. It is indeed a scary thing to get held up. But, if you get some counseling & give it enough time, you'll be able to get the feeling of power back. (Please don't let the BG continue to victimize you with FEAR.)

-

Wait- You have to have a permit to just "BUY" a gun in NC?
(This is something I did not know.) :confused:

Are you just talking about a background check & 24hr waiting period; or to you actually have to get a "permit"?

They need an actual permit, it's a hold-over from the old Jim Crow laws sadly. Now I think it's more of a way for an extra $5/handgun to go to the sheriff's department than anything really needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back