what should i do now?

Kard is right eagle eyes has no idea what she is talking about. She just got into shooting she had said this in a previous post. She never even shot a gun and doset even have a CCW

Hey Watson yourself, fool. Here is something completely foreign to you. ACTUAL RESEARCH!

Recoil (often called knockback, kickback or simply kick) is the backward Link Removed of a gun when it is discharged. In technical terms, the recoil caused by the gun exactly balances the forward momentum of the projectile and exhaust gasses (ejecta), according to Link Removed. In most Link Removed, the momentum is transferred to the ground through the body of the shooter; while in heavier guns such as mounted Link Removed or Link Removed, the momentum is transferred to the ground through its Link Removed. In order to bring the gun to a halt, a forward counter-recoil force must be applied to the gun over a period of time.

Recoil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In case you still can't grasp your mistake, what you are flapping your expert yap about is actually counter-recoil force which is exerted by the musculature of the shooter, not the recoil force of the weapon.

Like I said before, stop giving advice regarding things you know little to nothing about because there are people who are so new to weaponry that they don't realize how dangerously uneducated about the subject you really are and they might actually follow what you advise which will result in injury, serious injury, or death.
lol again at your pompous arrogant ego feeding frenzy being i learned about newtons law of motion in grade school where all action has a reaction ..so again you are not schooling me here but rather feeding your own ego
what's your beef with me anyhow??? i gave sound advice although you failed to see it as such all i said was get a good grip on the gun not too tight ...and it will recoil back on target it does for me because i know how to hold my gun not too tight and not too loose...... to get it back on target after after recoil so please don't feel you need to educate me because really you don't and if i have a question i'll ask or look it up myself, but don't use me to project your arrogance ! it's just rude and uncalled for and only serves to feed your big fat ego........now please don't pester me with your condescending attitude
good night

superprincess
Like everyone here I am glad that you are OK. Money can be replaced, YOU cannot. All of the advice given above is sound advice. If your local gun shop offers a basic handgun course I suggest that you take it before attempting to gain a CCW permit if you decide that you want one. Probably the 3 things I would advise are:
1 - The basic handgun course
2 - Don't let anyone tell you what handgun or caliber to buy !!! Look at several, shoot them if you can, and above all else, only buy what is comfortable to YOU. If the firearm is not comfortable for you to hold and shoot, you will be reluctant to even touch it, and obviously, that defeats your purpose
3 - Then get in as much range time as you can. Remember law enforcement officers are usually required to practice several times a year. There is a reason for that. It not only maintains accuracy, it keeps you familiar with the handgun and every function of it becomes second nature, so that, God forbid, the time would ever come that you have to use it, you can do so effectively. The robbery is over, don't let it cause you to make a hasty decision that you will regret later.

Eagleeyes drop it your clueless now take yourself over to the senior citizen center its past your bedtime

erm another troll trying to tell me what to do and thinks he knows something about me he has no clue of
if brains were dynamite you couldn't blow your own nose

lol again at your pompous arrogant ego feeding frenzy being i learned about newtons law of motion in grade school where all action has a reaction ..so again you are not schooling me here but rather feeding your own ego
what's your beef with me anyhow??? i gave sound advice although you failed to see it as such all i said was get a good grip on the gun not too tight ...and it will recoil back on target it does for me because i know how to hold my gun not too tight and not too loose...... to get it back on target after after recoil so please don't feel you need to educate me because really you don't and if i have a question i'll ask or look it up myself, but don't use me to project your arrogance ! it's just rude and uncalled for and only serves to feed your big fat ego........now please don't pester me with your condescending attitude
good night

Once again you wallow in your moronic delusion. You are the epitome of a blatherskite.

Expending energy in trying to educate a village idiot is counterproductive and a waste of both effort and resources. Making sure everyone knows who the village idiot is provides value to the village. I am performing a public service.

You have to control the recoil (assuming the caliber you fire generates recoil) to get your sights back on target for your follow up shot(s). It's kind of tough to explain, but the weapon should only flip up as little as possible when you fire. Maybe if I explain one of my favorite drills it will help. It's called the "45" drill. It gets the name because it involves four "fives". You start with your weapon in your holster. From a distance of 5 yards, you draw and fire 5 rounds into a 5 inch circle, in 5 seconds. I really enjoy it, more than other drills for some reason. You will never be able to do it unless you can control the recoil. You never just flow with the recoil. That is counter productive to saving your life in a gunfight.

Thanks Wyldekard, From what I understand you are saying is, if I can't control the recoil on a particular type of gun then I should try a different gun. Example: I can't drive an 18 wheeler, then I should continue driving my eclipse. But I am still going to give the Springfield Armory XD another try. I am not one to give up so easily. Thanks for your reply.

Superprincess, many of us sat back and watched as eagleeyes gave you erroneous advice. I imagine it was similar for others as it was for me, in not wanting to distract you from learning what you need to learn in the shortest amount of time possible, so we just ignored her vapid ramblings and gave you the best guidance we could without confronting her inanities. But Wyldekard is right here. She is giving you worse than erroneous advice, but dangerous advice now.

Most regular posters on this site have been shooting for many years, many since we were kids. Many of us train in shooting as part of our jobs, and many others here are trainers. No one learns about shooting from reading, and no one learns about carrying from reading either. You can only learn the steps you have to go through to be qualified to carry, but you can't learn the skill that it takes to be a safe, legal and responsible carrier. Anyone who claims to know as much as someone who has spent the vast majority of his life as a safe and responsible shooter from having read Newton's Law is not worth your time listening to.

Some of us have also seen what happens when eagleeyes' so-called knowledge is challenged. It will likely only devolve into a pissin' match from here, and for that I am sorry, and I'm sure that Wyldekard ain't happy about it either, but there comes a point when someone like you who comes sincerely looking for experienced advice and gets led down the primrose path by a complete neophyte to shooting needs to be made aware of who they're following. My honest and genuine advice is that you'd learn more if you just put her on ignore, stick by it, and use your powers of discernment who is being straight with you and who ain't.

One other thing....Gun control is not "hitting your target." Gun control is the imposition of government authority over that which our Founding Fathers recognized and acknowledged as deriving from God Himself, your right of self-defense. Almost all of us will support you in your quest to learn the best way(s) to go about protecting yourself. That inane signature is proof that others here don't even understand the terminology of the shooting community, much less the skill required to be a proficient and respected member of it.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about shooting and/or carrying, and like nearly everyone else, will do so with only your best interests at heart. I will not, however, reply to or about eagleeyes again. What you do with mine or Wyldekard's advice in that regard is up to you.

Blues

Thanks Wyldekard, From what I understand you are saying is, if I can't control the recoil on a particular type of gun then I should try a different gun. Example: I can't drive an 18 wheeler, then I should continue driving my eclipse. But I am still going to give the Springfield Armory XD another try. I am not one to give up so easily. Thanks for your reply.

Yes that is the concept. However it is to soon for you to know if you can drive the 18 wheeler or not. You might well find that after proper training and development of the correct technique, you can fire a large caliber weapon with ease and competance. I'm just suggesting that at this point you shouldn't lock into the mindset that you have to carry a .44 Magnum when a .45, a .40 S&W, a 9mm, or a .380 might end up being calibers that allow you to perform better. A bonus is it will be fun to try them all.

Superprincess, many of us sat back and watched as eagleeyes gave you erroneous advice. I imagine it was similar for others as it was for me, in not wanting to distract you from learning what you need to learn in the shortest amount of time possible, so we just ignored her vapid ramblings and gave you the best guidance we could without confronting her inanities. But Wyldekard is right here. She is giving you worse than erroneous advice, but dangerous advice now.

Most regular posters on this site have been shooting for many years, many since we were kids. Many of us train in shooting as part of our jobs, and many others here are trainers. No one learns about shooting from reading, and no one learns about carrying from reading either. You can only learn the steps you have to go through to be qualified to carry, but you can't learn the skill that it takes to be a safe, legal and responsible carrier. Anyone who claims to know as much as someone who has spent the vast majority of his life as a safe and responsible shooter from having read Newton's Law is not worth your time listening to.

Some of us have also seen what happens when eagleeyes' so-called knowledge is challenged. It will likely only devolve into a pissin' match from here, and for that I am sorry, and I'm sure that Wyldekard ain't happy about it either, but there comes a point when someone like you who comes sincerely looking for experienced advice and gets led down the primrose path by a complete neophyte to shooting needs to be made aware of who they're following. My honest and genuine advice is that you'd learn more if you just put her on ignore, stick by it, and use your powers of discernment who is being straight with you and who ain't.

One other thing....Gun control is not "hitting your target." Gun control is the imposition of government authority over that which our Founding Fathers recognized and acknowledged as deriving from God Himself, your right of self-defense. Almost all of us will support you in your quest to learn the best way(s) to go about protecting yourself. That inane signature is proof that others here don't even understand the terminology of the shooting community, much less the skill required to be a proficient and respected member of it.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about shooting and/or carrying, and like nearly everyone else, will do so with only your best interests at heart. I will not, however, reply to or about eagleeyes again. What you do with mine or Wyldekard's advice in that regard is up to you.

Blues

Well said BluesStringer! You are also correct in that I owe an apology to the OP and others who were finding value in this thread in that I wasted some of their time. For that I do apologize to those people. I will now follow your example and ignore the distraction.

Superprincess, BluesStringer is someone surely worth learning from. Please regard him as a valued resource. You will become better skilled and more able to protect yourself if you do so.

lolz such silly nit picking! the saying 'gun control is being able to hit your target' is just a gunners joke...some you folks need to lighten up a bit as you appear to be wound a bit too tight
everybody here already knows about the 2nd amendment and gun control issues ffs......some of you will stop at nothing to nit pick on someone you have a beef with just to show your asses
grow up

Once again you wallow in your moronic delusion. You are the epitome of a blatherskite.

Expending energy in trying to educate a village idiot is counterproductive and a waste of both effort and resources. Making sure everyone knows who the village idiot is provides value to the village. I am performing a public service.

blatherskite - good one, LOL

lolz such silly nit picking! the saying 'gun control is being able to hit your target' is just a gunners joke...some you folks need to lighten up a bit as you appear to be wound a bit too tight
everybody here already knows about the 2nd amendment and gun control issues ffs......some of you will stop at nothing to nit pick on someone you have a beef with just to show your asses
grow up

Not really:rolleyes:
There are always new people here, who are just learning about guns and gun laws. If you talk less and listen more, you might learn as well.:secret:

i learn every moment of my life fudo don't mean i have to agree or believe everything i hear though although i've gotten some pretty good information on this forum and most folks here are very helpful and willing to help rather than the know it alls that 'blatherskite' bs and talk shyt lolz

Eagleeyes were just saying to shut up about **** you dont no about. Your giving wrong advice that will hurt somebody. You dont have a clue about guns drop it and stop talking. You seem to comment on every post and you siund stupid. I been wanting to tell you to shut up now for a long time.

Yes that is the concept. However it is to soon for you to know if you can drive the 18 wheeler or not. You might well find that after proper training and development of the correct technique, you can fire a large caliber weapon with ease and competance. I'm just suggesting that at this point you shouldn't lock into the mindset that you have to carry a .44 Magnum when a .45, a .40 S&W, a 9mm, or a .380 might end up being calibers that allow you to perform better. A bonus is it will be fun to try them all.

The best thing is ask around among your friends, whom you think are shooters. They will be more than glad to help you. Its like any other mentoring thing.

The second best thing is to go to an indoor range that rents firearms and gives instruction. Actually that may even be better than the the aforementioned best thing.

That's for openers.

Once you find out what caliber and design is best for you at the time, that at least answers your first question, what size fits me. Same as buying shoes.

Then it gets harder. Next thing is that you need to learn how to shoot. That can take awhile.

Then after that you need to receive the conditioning of mind to enable you to blow someone away, a human being, albeit a miscreant, if need be. Not everyone can do this. That's why we have Quakers and conscientious objectors.

Finally you need a safe place to keep your weapon when it is not on your person. Unless you plan to wear it all the time, in the shower, at the swimming pool, to the beach, to church, to weddings and funerals, for jury duty (illegal) etc. I like gunsafes because they protect photography gear, jewelry, cash, and laptops as well.

Lots to think about.

Back on point.

Yes im new here and what little bit ive read of eagleeyes posts relating to this thread,i pretty much agree,now i know i dont know jack about shootin considering i shot expert all 3 years i was in the corps,so ya'll go ahead and flame me.take care

The best thing is ask around among your friends, whom you think are shooters. They will be more than glad to help you. Its like any other mentoring thing.

The second best thing is to go to an indoor range that rents firearms and gives instruction. Actually that may even be better than the the aforementioned best thing.

Back on point.

Thanks Shoobee, I understood your reply except for the Quakers and conscientious objectors part. Do you mean if someone is in the position of having to defend theirself against a human or miscreant. Maybe they have an attack like an earthquake, knees and hands start shaking. Funny how the movies never show us this side of the coin.

Yes im new here and what little bit ive read of eagleeyes posts relating to this thread,i pretty much agree,now i know i dont know jack about shootin considering i shot expert all 3 years i was in the corps,so ya'll go ahead and flame me.take care

Thanks dusterdude, but your reply has me confused you shot expert, but you don't know jack about shooting, Could you please explain?
Thanks for your reply to the post.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back