What is the best gun cleaning products?

I use a no petroleum based all purpose product - eezox
cleans, lubricates and prevents rust...of course I am always seeking a ez'er way...
But works for me
Plus a toothbrush

Aerokroil from what I have been told from my gun friendly buddies at work. Have not tried it yet but on the can it says you can use it on firearms.

Slip2000 is great for gun protects very well must try I bet u will love it,

Sent from my NX008HD8G using USA Carry mobile app

A big bottle of Hoppes #9, and a quart of Mobil 1 will keep dozens of firearms operating for years.

Have you tried the Hoppes Elite? Works just as good without the smell. Now the wife doesn't bit-- (er I mean complain) when I clean my weapons at the dining room table.

I second hoppes elite the wife doesn't nag about the smell anymore plus it works great.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using USA Carry mobile app

I'm in law enforcement and I trust my life with Frog Lube

Sent from my SCH-R970 using USA Carry mobile app

Wait till it gets cold and it freezes up frog lube is too thick

You don't leave Froglube on wet. You apply it, preferably to a warm metal component, let it sit for an hour, then wipe it off till dry. It seasons the metal and leaves a lubricating and protecting film.
In some cases, it takes a couple treatments to gain the full effect.

You don't leave Froglube on wet. You apply it, preferably to a warm metal component, let it sit for an hour, then wipe it off till dry. It seasons the metal and leaves a lubricating and protecting film.
In some cases, it takes a couple treatments to gain the full effect.

You go ahead and keep using that frog glue I'll stick with hoppes elite.

As a gunsmith I have tried many with varying results. I personally use "Simple Green" as this seems to work the best for me. Squirt it on, let it soak, brush, clean with water, blow or oven dry and is available at your local Wal-mart store.

You don't leave Froglube on wet. You apply it, preferably to a warm metal component, let it sit for an hour, then wipe it off till dry.

This is one of the main reasons it is unsuitable for guns like AR-15's. AR-15 rifles are designed TO BE RUN WET WITH LUBRICANT. These dry lubricating products like "Frog Lube" do not provide enough lubrication for them to run reliabily. This becomes especially true when the weapon is being run hot. This has been proven in countless high round count tests. An AR-15 that is kept wet with a normal petroleum oil or grease will run far more reliabily than one that is treated with any of these "apply and wipe off" dry lubes.

Hoppes elite for me too. Use "Simple Green" to wash the tractor. Use gun cleaner to clean a gun. Hooyah!

Sent from my XT1080 using USA Carry mobile app

This is one of the main reasons it is unsuitable for guns like AR-15's. AR-15 rifles are designed TO BE RUN WET WITH LUBRICANT. These dry lubricating products like "Frog Lube" do not provide enough lubrication for them to run reliabily. This becomes especially true when the weapon is being run hot. This has been proven in countless high round count tests. An AR-15 that is kept wet with a normal petroleum oil or grease will run far more reliabily than one that is treated with any of these "apply and wipe off" dry lubes.

Gee. I have never seen that in the owner's manual or armorers manuals.
Perhaps some documentation on this subject would be appropriate.

I use 3 in 1 oil on all mine...great protection from everything you can throw at it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using USA Carry mobile app

Ballistol!

Like many people, I grew up using Hoppes #9. I had a boss who insisted on me trying Ballistol. He had ordered a case recently and gave me a bottle. It is now my go-to CLP. It works great on the metal and does wonders for my stocks, wood or otherwise.

Thanks for the input. I got a bolt hanging up and really need something to slick up that metal to metal contact. Thanks for replying

Sent from my XT1080 using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back