What is the best gun cleaning products?

HK4U

I know we all have got a particular brand of cleaning and lubing product we use. What I am wondering is if there any recent independent tests that shed light on which ones might actually do a better job of lubricating and protecting?

WD-40 is the best stuff I've found in my experience. Nothing works better on my firearms. They even say so on the can.

J/K !!!!

All kidding aside, my favorite has been "Gun Scrubber" and "Mil-Tec". At minimum, I'll have a bottle of "Mil-Tec" on hand to do the cleaning and lubricating. The "Gun Scrubber" just speeds up the process.

gf

Cleaning

I care for a lot of heavily used range rentals. I have great luck with the foaming bore cleaners. Currently we are ordering Gunslick:
Link Removed

Everything else is #9 and Gunscrubber. For lube I use X1-R grease:
Link Removed

I do the same on my personal guns, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody use motoroil? I've used it in a pinch and seems to work very well...would go a long way. The instructor I had for my concealed carry class says he uses it as his main lubricant.

if the bore is really dirty I use Hoppe's #9 just to clean the barrel.
I generally clean everything with CLP or sometimes Remoil and I use Tetra Gun Grease on the slides and some of the other moving parts.
I have a whole tool box filled with cleaning supplies and brushes and all. I usually use Teflon coated rods and sometimes the Otis system.
Back when I was not as much into guns I would use whatever was the cheapest and quickest to use--the guns were always clean and always functioned perfectly.
Now that I own more guns and have gotten into all the intricacies of cleaning--my guns are still all clean and always function perfectly. Just takes me more time to clean them now
Wierd huh :biggrin:

Tag team cleaning

I use mineral spirits and Kroil for cleaning. Kroil seems to do a fantastic job of getting the bore clean. I spray the barrel and let it set for a day, then I hit it with patches, followed with the Boresnake.

I lube with the Kano Labs Moly spray, and the slide rails I use Brian Eno's Slide Glide.

I'm a little OCD about my gun, so not everyone will want to do my drill. It sure does work though.

I'm a recent convert to the Break Free products. If it's really dirty ( as in I'm cleaning somebody else's gun) I'll let the barrel soak with their Powder Blast, followed by CLP. If I'm cleaning my own guns after a trip to the range, I'll just let it soak 15-20 mins with the CLP.

hoppes elite clp was what i used for everything until i started using tetra gun products. tetra gun lube and grease are the best that you can find in local stores.

As we all can see there are a lot to choose from and most I am sure do a good job.Each product will tell you that theirs is the best. I have wanted to try both Tetra and Shooters Choice products as they seem to be very good also but have not done so as yet. What I would really like to see though is some independent laboratory do a study as to which performs the best.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back