What Do You Carry?

Current EDC is my S&W M&P9 in a UBG OWB holster.

I have recently switched my EDC from My S&W642 to my M&P. Thought the M&P might feel a bit heavy and bulky, but it feels great in the OWB holster. I did strap on the wheelie the other day and I couldn't even tell it was there.

I carry a S&W M&P9 in a Comptac MTAC, but I do not carry it everyday. I work in an office setting and can't carry it easily. I have been try to find something smaller that I can tuck, but am not having much luck. I have recently aquired a Skyy CPX-1 for daily pocket carry at work, but I am not really liking it. Back to the drawing board.

Bulgarian military Makarov for summer carry...

CZ P-01 9mm for home defense and cold weather carry.

AK-74 in case the SHTF.

I carry a Ruger P345 in a Safariland holster this time of year. When cooler weather arrives I will switch to a Kel-Tec P3AT in an concealment concept pocket pal.

Mine has now been to New Hampshire twice! Needless to say, I'm not auite as thrilled with it as I once was.

Accuracy-wise, it's unbelievable. The first two shots out of it went in the same hole. I actually thought I'd missed the paper and had to reel it in to see for myself.

Strangely enough it was after about 1000 rounds that it had its first hiccough. It started having feeding issues - FTRB and 3 point jams, it would get stuck on the disconnector, and finally it started to slamfire. I sent it back in and they polished it up and did some voodoo on the lock work and it ran great for another 500 or so when it decided to shuck the claw off of the extractor in the middle of a match. I suppose I could have just replaced the extractor myself, but they issued me an RMA as soon as I had them on the phone. I've never fiddled with an external extractor anyway.

Since then I've put another 1500 or so through it with no further problems so I'm back to carrying it.

I still love the gun, and Sig's customer service has been top notch, but I'm saving up to replace it with a Les Baer Custom Carry. If nothing else, the GSR has really gotten me hooked on higher end handguns.

Joe

I hear you. I now prefer my new Kimber Tactical Pro. The Sig is ok, just a little big for an everyday carry.

Carried several platforms over last six years but for 2 1/2 years now it has been my SIG 226 ST in 9mm. I like 'large and heavy' and favor the 15+1 capacity.

My other options if needed include - R9 for pocket carry and/or BUG ....... a SW99 when I might need some weight reduction ..... and often slip a .22 mag NAA mini in a pocket too. SP-101 was carried for some time as was too a M28 .357 and have used my BHP also. Username reflects early carry of my P95 ..... to late now to change my username!

Hey Chris,

Good to see you over here. Hope to see some of that great gun photography of yours!

tex45acp

I carry a S&W M&P9 in a Comptac MTAC, but I do not carry it everyday. I work in an office setting and can't carry it easily. I have been try to find something smaller that I can tuck, but am not having much luck. I have recently aquired a Skyy CPX-1 for daily pocket carry at work, but I am not really liking it. Back to the drawing board.

Check out the keltec p3at its small and will fit in pants pocket great to conceal

Please don't laugh at me, but I carry a 9mm Hi Point model C9. Unlike a lot of you guys, I can't afford high end models such as 1911s, Glocks, Sigs, or even Taurus. I believe that Hi Points were made with guys like me in mind:D.

What I carry......

Hey guys!! Nice site. Go to USCCA site on a regular basis but haven't posted much. Shy I guess. My regular is a Kimber .45 Ultra carry with crimson trace grips and IWOB with a bug S&W .38 on my left ankle. Also, for a smaller flavor I carry a SIG 232 IWOB.

Shoot Straight....
The Iceman

As of about 9 o'clock last night, my new casual clothes carry gun is my Ruger p345. I got my new holster in. It is kind of a tight fit, but I think it will be fine. I don't actually even notice the extra weight of the gun. I shoot it well (better than my other concealed carry guns). So I feel a little more confident with it. We'll see how it works out over time

Please don't laugh at me, but I carry a 9mm Hi Point model C9. Unlike a lot of you guys, I can't afford high end models such as 1911s, Glocks, Sigs, or even Taurus. I believe that Hi Points were made with guys like me in mind:D.
Dude, if the Hi Point is reliable and it works for you then what's to laugh at? We should be laughed at for spending 3 times what you did for something that performs the same function.

Ppk/s

I've had by Walther PPK/S for years but only recently obtained my CCW and carry daily now. I stow it in the 3:30 location IWB and find it comfortable and use MagSafe ammo, .380 ACP 60 grain Defender. It gives me 1,500 fps and the Strasbourg test show this load stops faster than any JHP round. Even 10mm & .45 ACP. So they say. Anyone else use this ammo?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back