What Do You Carry?

Once I get my CCDW, I'll be carrying my Springfield XD-9 Service model -- just picked it up this past week to replace my S&W Sigma.

Carried several platforms over last six years but for 2 1/2 years now it has been my SIG 226 ST in 9mm. I like 'large and heavy' and favor the 15+1 capacity.

My other options if needed include - R9 for pocket carry and/or BUG ....... a SW99 when I might need some weight reduction ..... and often slip a .22 mag NAA mini in a pocket too. SP-101 was carried for some time as was too a M28 .357 and have used my BHP also. Username reflects early carry of my P95 ..... to late now to change my username!

On-Duty I carry whatever "bottomfeeder" they issue me.

Off-Duty I carry a S&W 22-4 and a 442 Revolver. I plan to change that next year and carry a 3" GP100 in .357 Magnum. The reason for the change is "ammo commonality" between my BUG and Primary.

As far as why I don't carry a "bottomfeeder" Off-Duty, I don't like them. I love a good 1911, but will not carry one on the street and I don't think that "Hi-Cap" magazines are the answer to most self defense encounters. On the very "infrequent" days that I carry a "bottomfeeder" Off-Duty it's a Glock backed up by a Kahr PM9 and the 442.

I last qualified with a revolver for On-Duty Carry way back in 1997. I wish I could still qualify with a revolver. :(

Biker

Charter 2000 - 357 mag, just a good feel for me and my budget.
If the need ever arises I hope I can place those 5 bullets where they need to be.

My preferred primary carry is my Wilson Combat Professional. I carry it IWB in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. From time to time I want a change so I change....to a Springfield XD45 Service carried IWB in a Brommeland Max Con V. Both are backed up by my favorite BUG...a Taurus PT-145, carried in the front pocket strongside. If I cannot carry the larger guns due to dress requirements, the Taurus also fulfills the primary carry role.

tex45acp

During summer when wearing mostly tee shirts, since I'm somewhat a portly person, I carry my Glock 19 in a G-Code "Comfort Carry" IWB at 7 o'clock (I'm left handed), and in the winter when I can use heavier shirts, I carry my full size Springfield 1911-A1 in a Blade-Tech IWB also at 7 o'clock. Both guns are very comfortable to carry and conceal well. I switch to OWB paddle holsters on match days so I can set it to the IDPA required position as my normal IWB carry sets it a bit too far back for the range requirements.

w0eb,
Nice to see you over here. Nice site, huh? :)

My most oftenly carried handgun is my Taurus pt140 pro.I carry my Kahr Cw9 when wearing dress clothes. Last week I got a new Ruger P345. I REALLY like it. It fits my hand very well. I shoot it very well. I am waiting on a holster to come in for it. I then think it will be my primary carry pistol.

I've mainly been pocket carrying my Kahr PM9. I use to carry my Kel-Tec 3AT with a Armalaser on it for summer but the Kahr iturned out to be an all around weapon. I'll probably start switching off with my Kel_Tec PF9 once I get a few more rounds through it.

Either a Stoeger Cougar in a UBG Canute IWB, or M&P 9mm in a Don Hume H721 OWB for the summer. In the winter, the Springer Mil-spec 1911 comes out of hibernation.

Hk USP in a Comp-tac M-tac at 3:45. I keep it stoked with mid weight golden sabres. I'm gonna work a j-frame into pocket carry for work, if I can find some more quarters under the cushions...

When it's warm I carry a Glock 19, when it's cool or cold I like my Para Ordnance P13-45. I have a P3AT, but never have carried a bug.

EDC is a Ruger 345. I spent a lot of time working on it to get it right but it was worth it.

Keltec P-32 is my deep concealment/bug gun.

Most of the time G27 IWB and when unable to carry that then Tomcat in pocket and sometimes both.

The weapon I choose the most to carry is my P-220R Carry with one spare magazine.

OH YEAH! In a Milt Sparks VersaMax-II.

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back