Wearing business attire - false assumption you're a police officer?

I don't know if anyone still reads this thread, BUT...I think open carry is a bad idea. Picture this: You go to a gas station late at night. You are inside when two guys come in to rob the place. One of them sees your gun. What do you think he's going to do? Who is he going to shoot first (especially if he thinks you're a cop)?
Here's another issue;
If you go to Wal-Mart, Target, or ANY store, do you think that might attract unwanted attention? Will they call 911 and how are you going to get out of this one? More to the point, how many anti-gun people are going to call 911? In some cities, whether OC is legal or not, Law Enforcement will hassle you endlessly... I can't speak for anywhere else, but in Colorado, OC is perfectly legal, however, not in Denver, especially if you own magazines over 10 round capacity. Your Glock 17 with 17+1 capacity is considered an 'assault weapon' in Denver.... Denver seems to trump state law due to a 'home rule' program. Make sure you think this over very carefully...
Also, post people don't know the first thing about which guns are LE and which guns are for hunting. They don't know a shotgun from an 'assault rifle'. If it's long and black in colour, it's an assault rifle. Re-paint your snow shovel :laugh: Also, they can't distinguish a Glock, a Springfield XD/XDM, an Kel-Tec, or a 1911. Most people are very ignorant. Keep that in mind. Never underestimate the power of uneducated people in large numbers....

You shouldn't repeat yourself in different threads with different headings and such. You might bring down the wrath of the forum moderators. :wink:

perception is based upon an observer's experience and your appearance

Individuals seeing a weapon quickly categorize you as a threat or friendly. If friendly to them is undercover LEO that is probably the pigeon hole they place you into. As mentioned in other threads, your appearance greatly affects another's' perception of you. However, their own experiences do to.

Nice one Ed!

Back to the OP. Another persons assumption is just that. What they may see or not, what they may understand or not is not my concern. I CC and OC legally. At times I will wear a sports jacket. I carry a 1911 MIL-SPEC in a factory OWB and really don't care if it shows or not. I'm covered either way. (no pun intended). I'm middle aged, clean cut with short hair. Although a bit girthy in the mid section, I do not carry myself as a LEO nor do I try to present myself as one. IF Joe/Jane citizen assumes anything about me that's their assumption.

This +1

Many times because of my manner of dress I have been asked which department or which agency I work for.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back