Walmart - LEO Encounter

Is this true?

I have a feeling there is a lot of typing before thinking...I was about to ask that same exact question on another thread but decided the person I was referring too would just keep calling everyone names. No sense in fueling the fire.

You have a good head on your shoulders to me, keep on keeping on.

Would Obama fart in a cup on national television?

Thank you for your gratitude, I appreciate it.

If I told you I served 2 tours in Iraq during the worst part of the war? Would your opinion change? What if I told you I was an EOD who's job was required to help innocent bystanders and citizens continue life without a hindrance?

Think before you type.

Lavaman: Your service in a combat zone is totally irrelevant to the diatribe you presented about LEOs. Please don't think you are the only one on here who has been in combat, there are several of us who have been there and done that. There is a lot of incongruity in your post concerning LEOs. On the one hand, you demean them by calling them "inferior rats" and then turn around and say that you want to be one. You have the audacity to present yourself as being superior to them (including the Chief of Police) and can't wait to become one to "show them what you are made of." From your attitude, I would consider you to be more of a liability as a police officer than the ones you are demeaning. If you ever do become a LEO, I hope you get an attitude adjustment before you hit the street.

Lavaman: Your service in a combat zone is totally irrelevant to the diatribe you presented about LEOs. Please don't think you are the only one on here who has been in combat, there are several of us who have been there and done that. There is a lot of incongruity in your post concerning LEOs. On the one hand, you demean them by calling them "inferior rats" and then turn around and say that you want to be one. You have the audacity to present yourself as being superior to them (including the Chief of Police) and can't wait to become one to "show them what you are made of." From your attitude, I would consider you to be more of a liability as a police officer than the ones you are demeaning. If you ever do become a LEO, I hope you get an attitude adjustment before you hit the street.

Fortunately, you're not the "superior" hiring me.

@KK I do not hate LEO'S I was merely stating that there are officers who do go overboard with the "power" that is given to them to protect the community. By no means do I have a hatred toward all LEO's as I do have friends on that position. I hav lost respect for the LEO's in my area who I know that are drunk with power. The department here is actually being investigated by the federal govt. As far as o have read in th local paper for being racially predjudice to some minorities in the area. I do the what happened to me but I do not hate LEO's as a whole. Hope this cleared things up ony stand point. As I do notean to disrespect anybody as far as occupation or by their opinions

Hey Oldgrunt,
You responded to some of the people on here with a great ammount of knowledge and respect for both LEO'S and other's that you don't even know. From your handle you could be a former Marine as I am. Anyway I just wanted to say that I am proud to know that their are people like you on this board that are not anti LEO.

Lavaman if you can make it through the Police Academy then good luck. I sure hope you get your head put on straight before someone out on the street screws it on straight for you.
Bill

Last edited:
My philosophy is that 99% of police officers are good, honest, hard working men and women trying to do their jobs to the best of their abilities.

However....First, there are nine professions listed by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics that are more dangerous, and more likely to die on the job than a police officer. So, I will not put police officers on a pedastal and worship them because of the profession they chose to engage in.

Second, there are 1% of the cops that are bad apples. When a police officer approaches me in an official capacity, I do not know if they are one of the 99% good ones, or one of the 1% of the bad ones. Therefore, I will not waive any of my 4th or 5th amendment rights during any encounter, and unless the encounter is 100% social and friendly, I will not engange in a voluntary encounter with them.

I don't hate police officers, and I respect them the same as the farmer and fisherman who provides food for my family, the logging/lumber worker who provides materials to house my family, and the garbage collector who keeps my family safe from disease by taking away my trash each week. All of those professions are more dangerous than being a police officer.

My philosophy is that 99% of police officers are good, honest, hard working men and women trying to do their jobs to the best of their abilities.

However....First, there are nine professions listed by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics that are more dangerous, and more likely to die on the job than a police officer. So, I will not put police officers on a pedastal and worship them because of the profession they chose to engage in.

Second, there are 1% of the cops that are bad apples. When a police officer approaches me in an official capacity, I do not know if they are one of the 99% good ones, or one of the 1% of the bad ones. Therefore, I will not waive any of my 4th or 5th amendment rights during any encounter, and unless the encounter is 100% social and friendly, I will not engange in a voluntary encounter with them.

I don't hate police officers, and I respect them the same as the farmer and fisherman who provides food for my family, the logging/lumber worker who provides materials to house my family, and the garbage collector who keeps my family safe from disease by taking away my trash each week. All of those professions are more dangerous than being a police officer.

Garbage collector is more dangerous? Wow..

Really? I found lots of places listed on the Kentucky State Police web site where carrying of any kind is prohibited.

Police station or sheriff's office.
Detention facility, prison or jail.
Courthouse (Court of Justice, courtroom or court proceeding).
County, municipal, or special district governing body meetings.
Meeting of governing body of a county, municipality, or special district.
General Assembly session, including committee meetings.
Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose.
Elementary or secondary school facilities (without the consent of school authorities).
Child-caring facilities, day care centers, or any certified family child care home.
Areas within an airport where restricted access is controlled by the inspection of persons or property.
Any place where federal law prohibits the carrying of a firearm.

Now, back to what I stated in my original post. Open Carry in the state of Kentucky is 100% legal. Although there are certain restrictions in place, it's still legal to OC in Kentucky. Don't twist my words.

Interesting thread

I am a retired LEO and also a retired soldier. Lavaman's comments are provocative but understandable as they are coming from someone with limited experience in law enforcement.

I would be interested in his statement that he served two tours in Iraq in EOD. What service? What was your MOS? What was your unit? Same unit for both tours? if not, what was the other unit? What FOBs did you work out of?

I asked this because you made a statement claiming military service and like some others here, I would like more information to confirm your credibility. You may choose to ignore my post and questions, but if you did, that would lead one to doubt your honesty when you make other posts, wouldn't it?

Interesting thread

I am a retired LEO and also a retired soldier. Lavaman's comments are provocative but understandable as they are coming from someone with limited experience in law enforcement.

I would be interested in his statement that he served two tours in Iraq in EOD. What service? What was your MOS? What was your unit? Same unit for both tours? if not, what was the other unit? What FOBs did you work out of?

I asked this because you made a statement claiming military service and like some others here, I would like more information to confirm your credibility. You may choose to ignore my post and questions, but if you did, that would lead one to doubt your honesty when you make other posts, wouldn't it?

I also am former military and retired LEO. USMC 8541 MOS and Det.Sgt of police. I also would like to see a reply from Lavaman.
Bill

No, seriously, Lavaman, I really would like to express my appredciation to an EOD man. What unit, what MOS, what time frame and what FOB?

It's been twenty-four hours now and you had been quite chatty while you were describing your vast law enforcement experience and how you know for a fact that all cops...well, "suck" to shorten up your descriptions.

Now come on guys, you know Lavaman would tell you all about his deployments to Iraq....but then he'd have to kill ya!

No, seriously, Lavaman, I really would like to express my appredciation to an EOD man. What unit, what MOS, what time frame and what FOB?

It's been twenty-four hours now and you had been quite chatty while you were describing your vast law enforcement experience and how you know for a fact that all cops...well, "suck" to shorten up your descriptions.

I stand by my statement, lavaman is a troll. He hasn't visited since Nov 19; he started a bunch of "provocative" threads, fueled the fires, then left.

And what EOD Tech say's,"I was an EOD"? I've known quite a few over my years of service and never heard it put that way.

It was 'I was in EOD', or 'I was a bomb tech', and any number of other descriptions beside what was said.

You guys scared him away! Damn, now all we have is Treo, Cotillion and Navy. Where's the entertainment gonna come from now? :):)

KK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back