Wal-Mart local no CC nothin in Spokane, WA.

Then you should know that carrying into a place with signs saying "No Guns Allowed", unless there's a restriction under state or federal law, isn't a crime to carry in there without telling anyone.

I'll second that post.

I'm also a Nevada instructor who has a WA permit and a second home in Tacoma. I'm am 100% with netentity regarding the OP's post.
I've had my WA permit since 04/1972 and I would NEVER consider asking a flunky door greeter at Wal-Mart if I could carry in the store. EVER.

KG

Hey Dude,
Just drop it 'K? U R not in my shoes. Outa state laws about guns I care less about.
If you walked your dog, would U ask 1st if you could bring your German Shepherd into any place, assuming it was OK and barge right in with Rover? Well buster U can't act like that without creating probs for you, the dog and the establishment/area or private property. NO U ask 1st, or U can get into problems. But asking may put more places posting 'No Pets' right? A dog can B a weapon. Don't drag me into your non-WA state mindset/state laws. Please leave this thread and go post to your own state CCW law thread.

C-L

You having a bad day or are you really this naive? Before you tell me to surf elsewhere, I grew up in Tacoma and my entire family still lives there. WA was my first permit over 37 years ago. I think I have as much right as any other Washingtonian to post here in this thread and in the WA forum in general.

IMO, threads like this pop up as a result of no training requirements. If you can fog a mirror, you can get a WA permit.

I am severely hearing impaired and the dog in my avatar was my hearing ear dog for 9 years before I retired her.
I never asked if I could enter a business establishment with my dog. I was challenged many times and ended up providing education for the proprietors. If they still wanted to humiliate me in public, I just threatened them with a law suit under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Just like netentity lives by his sig line. KNOW THE LAW. DON'T ASK. DON'T TELL.

I think the OP would be well served to find a WA CCW instructor. You'd be surprised at what you learn. There's that old saying: You don't know what you don't know.

Know what I mean, Vern?

As far as the alcohol issue goes in WA, if you went to a Denny's that served beer and wine, feel free to sit anywhere. They must have an area restricted to patrons over 21 or it's game on. Feel free to have a beer while you're at it.

Hey Dude,
Just drop it 'K? U R not in my shoes. Outa state laws about guns I care less about.
If you walked your dog, would U ask 1st if you could bring your German Shepherd into any place, assuming it was OK and barge right in with Rover? Well buster U can't act like that without creating probs for you, the dog and the establishment/area or private property. NO U ask 1st, or U can get into problems. But asking may put more places posting 'No Pets' right? A dog can B a weapon. Don't drag me into your non-WA state mindset/state laws. Please leave this thread and go post to your own state CCW law thread.

C-L

I think If you had your dog properly concealed everything would be cool man. :fie:

I've had my WA permit since 04/1972 and I would NEVER consider asking a flunky door greeter at Wal-Mart if I could carry in the store. EVER.

KG

I never ask either. I just open carry right on past them. Never had an issue with the greeter and only once with a manager who asked me to conceal it as I was checking out 30 ft from the door on my way out!

Teamdigit said:
If you can fog a mirror, you can get a WA permit.

Personally, that's the way I think it should be. It's closer to the intention of the Constitution that way. Now if they would just quit charging money for them!

Teamdigit said:
As far as the alcohol issue goes in WA, if you went to a Denny's that served beer and wine, feel free to sit anywhere. They must have an area restricted to patrons over 21 or it's game on. Feel free to have a beer while you're at it.

+1. You're a pretty cool guy, Teamdigit, even if you are the graverobber of old threads!

I was wondering where this guy went. Hadn't seen him post in a long time.. guess he got his feelings hurt?

snip

Walmart is asking you to turn in those managers who restrict your CPL i their stores:

Wal-Mart's Policy About Concealed Weapons on Their Premises

For those of you who have encountered "NO CONCEAL CARRY" signs on your local Wal-Mart front doors. The reason why the signs are up is because they are in the computer. When a store manager orders new signs, if that manager is anti-gun, he can order those signs and put them up. The Wal-Mart corporate policy goes against these managers. You can call up Wal-Mart and tell them that said manager is going against the corporate policy and the signs will be taken down. I know because this has happened a couple of times here in South Carolina and it has been pursued and the signs have been removed.

wal mart corp hq 800-925-6278 - legal dept 479-273-4505 legal department

Walmart stores
702 south wewt 8th St
Bentonville Arkansas
72716-0215

Below is the letter I received from corporate HQ to confirm what I am referring to:

DATE: Friday, April 16,1999 2:13 PM

Subject: RE: Firearms

Thank you for contacting Wal-Mart regarding our concealed handgun policy. Wal-Mart was founded by Sam Walton on three basic principles. Strive for Excellence, Service to our Customers, and Respect for the Individual. It is that respect for the individual that led us to create the current policy pertaining to concealed handguns.

The following is our policy......If a Wal-Mart customer has been awarded a concealed handgun license by the state government, Wal-Mart will follow the direction of the state. However, if at anytime while on Wal-Mart property, that customer's concealed weapon becomes visible to Wal-Mart associates or customers, Wal-Mart reserves the right to ask the customer to either reposition the weapon so that it will not be visible, to remove the weapon completely or to leave Wal-Mart property, With the exception of law enforcement personnel, Wal-Mart does not allow any exposed weapons to be worn or carried in public view on Wal-Mart property or in Wal-Mart stores. Customers other than law enforcement personnel wearing or carrying a weapon in an exposed manner will be asked to leave the property immediately.

We appreciate your concern and trust that this message has addressed your concerns regarding this issue.

Thank you,

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

Why dont you read and know your rights

I OC in WallyWorld all the time with no problems. It has been my experience talking with Walmart Corp that they follow state and local laws regarding firearm carry.

WalMart

Note to netentity. I don't know where you got your information about no Denny's having a liquor license. Better look again, as the denny's on Martin Way in Lacey, WA, has a lounge where alcoholiv beverages are served. They tried seating me there once, and I told them I could not be in the bar area. The waitress seemed puzzled, so I told her I was a recovering alcoholic, rather than the fact I was armed. Some Denny's restaurants DO have bars attached.

I say you made a stupid move there asking if you could carry a concealed weapon inside the building. I carry in the Wal-Mart out here [Michigan] all of the time, theres no signs, nothing, and wal-mart has an obvious stand against most weapons, unless theyre bb guns, or airsoft, but either way, you set yourself up big time for that.
Concealed means out of sight out of mind, no sense in letting them know you have one. Might as well Openly carried your weapon.:hang3:

Concealed means concealed, it doesn't mean kiss and tell. Even if your Wal-Mart has a sign, the most they can do is ask you to leave if they find out your carrying concealed. We have the same issue over here in my area at the local hospital, where they have posted signs. It is not a state violation, and if they spot it they can ask you to leave. No more, no less.

Don't create problems for your other conceal carry holders in your state.

This may seem like a dumb question or statement, but isn't it illegal to carry in hospitals in Washington State now?

Open carried in Pasco, WA Wal-Mart this last week. No issues with employees, or other customers. Was with my wife...I don't know if I will build up the courage to Open Carry solo for reasons I don't care to explain in this post. I also did not see any signs outside the doors...but I really wasn't looking (oops :-/)

And BTW it's a question I ask often if I don't know in many places I visit for the 1st time and 90% say "No problems, just keep it hidden." Where they know me well and know I pack it's not an issue. The others who say "No CCW's" I don't frequent.

An owner of a business can allow you to carry in his business regardless of what he has posted if he knows you. You are not required to have a permit to carry concealed in your friends' business with his permission. Therefore, it kind of defeats the purpose of getting the CCW where you know the owner.

As far as what Netentity is stating, it seemed pretty sound. I also didn't read anything where he said to carry on Federal property where all CCW is not allowed - wasn't quite sure how that got out there. But when state legislatures first started entertaining the idea of their citizens being able to carry, they all agreed that it should be concealed for many reasons. Mainly was so that the CCW would be unknown to the public and would not incite panic. The CCW holder would also be less of a target for theft/mugging if the firearm remains hidden/unknown. The CCW holder is less likely to be challenged to violent encounters if it is unknown he is armed. Every time you notify someone that you don't have to that you are armed, not only can that person provide a danger or notify others if he has criminal contacts (not all door greeters at Wal-Mart are of the highest caliber), but you could also be overheard by someone that wants to rob you. What if the denial to enter is just so his gang buddies can jump you in the parking lot? Yeah, I know, just a paranoid what-if, but it's another issue of "if everyone had just stayed silent and followed the law, everyone would be happy."

Knowing the law in your state is extremely important, at least as important as knowing how to hide and fire your weapon. As for me, only me, my wife, and the occasional LEO I cross paths with will ever know I'm armed, and I will NOT be carrying in any hospitals or Federal buildings.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back