Wal-Mart local no CC nothin in Spokane, WA.

I think the OP is a troll. Just saying.
Concealed is concealed.
When you received your CPL you should have read the pamphlet to understand the laws.
In WA you can legally carry in ANY public building excluding some government buildings, schools and places that do not allow minors (under 21) into the premises. If someone under 21 can enter a restaurant, you can carry their. You cannot however enter the bar section since minors can't be there.

I'll stop feeding the troll now.

I think the OP is a troll. Just saying.
Concealed is concealed.
When you received your CPL you should have read the pamphlet to understand the laws.
In WA you can legally carry in ANY public building excluding some government buildings, schools and places that do not allow minors (under 21) into the premises. If someone under 21 can enter a restaurant, you can carry their. You cannot however enter the bar section since minors can't be there.

I'll stop feeding the troll now.

Is this true? Red Robin, Olive Garden, PF Chang's, Famous Daves all have bars in their restaurant. I carry everywhere, and have sat in their bar area when they were very full, since it is a first come first serve. If this is illegal I will have to figure something out (never had any issues so far). I thought you could not carry only if the establishment made 51% or more of its profits on alcohol sales, where as all those restaurants do not make 51% on alcohol sales. NavyLCDR I request your law knowledge!

The way I see it, if there's no sign, it's okay until told otherwise by an employee. I won't seek out an employee to ask, though.

Washington law says private businesses may bar CC, but they have to tell you, not the other way around. A sign is the simplest way. You have no duty to ask.

A private business is *NOT* "public". The law differentiates completely between "public" places and "private" places. A business may be "open to the public" but it is not "a public place". A private business may bar anyone from entering for nearly any reason (certain civil rights laws obviously limit certain discrimination methods.) That business doesn't like your blue baseball cap? You're out. If they put a sign stating such on their door, and you walk in, you are agreeing to the terms posted. By entering with a blue hat, you are purposefully violating their conditions for entering their business.

I assume you would want visitors to your home to obey your requirements for entry, regardless of what they might be. For example, maybe you have kids and a fairly "conventional" world view, and a male friend comes in wearing nothing but a G-string. You're fully within your rights to get pissed off at him and refuse him entry. Other people have the same feelings about guns. My sister is one of them. When my grandmother gave me my grandfather's 1940s-era shotgun for Christmas a few years ago, my sister left the room as soon as she figured out what was in the case, until I put it in my car. Which is exceptionally stupid because at the time, she dealt with police officers all day.

Now, I avoid Wal-Mart for other reasons, but I also make a point of avoiding businesses that have signs up barring potential customers because of arbitrary, non-safety-related reasons. I can understand "no masks or non-prescription sunglasses" at a bank. "No firearms" at a Wal-Mart? Goofy.

As someone else has written on a similar thread before "Why give our hard earned money to idiots who dont want us in their store?"

Edit: Wow, somehow when I started replying, I didn't notice how old and long this thread was... I think I'll have to go read the whole thread now and hope I don't have something completely different to say.....

OMG! You should know that 99% of walmart managers are pin-headed morons. They don't give a crap about our personal safety they only care about their job security. Of course they will say no. There have been stabbings and other assaults in our local store. I have and will continue to carry concealed in walmart stores in this state anyway. The state gave me a license to and I won't let some college drop out tell me different. I stay within the states guide lines and if I see a area posted no to guns then I avoid that area altogether. Post #4 sums it up so well "know the law; don't ask, don't tell. If you ask, the answer will 99% of the time be no. If you're concealing effectively they will not know.":no:

I don't believe this guy for a moment.

I can't imagine anyone asking for permission to carry. (That's what the permit is for).

The truth is: if I were a Merchant and I was asked by someone if they could carry on my property I'd say no too. Because I'd just assume they were craaaaazy. And I wouldn't want to face any liability.

You know the type. They always pat their hip where the pistol is and they always fluff their jacket to flash it in public.

I guess they just need validation.

I avoid these kind of people like the plague.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back