Waffle House Shooting (Good Guy Wins)

Link Removed The Sheriff’s Office points to Chuck Wright’s comments he made back in November, encouraging folks to get their CWP.

Hey, I just read that online myself.

Just about all of the ones here do. These are branch banks or the main bank of a local bank network. Do they handle large amounts of money, maybe. But Homestead is still thought of as redneck territory where there isn't much money by Miamians.

Well, part of my job is to make trips to the bank. In my 15 years here I have (and still do) made countless trips to branches in Ft. Lauderdale, Pompano, Margate, Coral Springs, Sunrise, Tamarac, and others for both personal use as well as business. Never once have I seen an armed guard and I use the lobby as much as I use the drive-thru. Never saw them in all my years in NJ either. Can you give me a specific branch or two??

OMFG- some hick internet moron tough guy who is asinine enough to want to be in a shooting called me cupcake! Rest assured that I'm absolutely devastated.

LOL! Something tells me that individual has been on these boards before under a different name. There's a familiar reek about his posts. In any case he should put on a pair of water wings before he drowns in his own internet testosterone (that's the web equivalent of beer muscles).

And BTW....if Treo is liking my posts, I must be right! :biggrin:

Specific bank?

Every Bank of America in my area, my bank, has an armed guard. Just to be more specific, the Summerville branch at Trolley Rd, the Summerville branch on Main St., the North Charleston branch at Dorchester and Ashley Phosphate, the North Charleston branch at Ashley Phosphate and Rivers Ave. Armed guards at every one.

Not that it would really be a deterent as they are usually using their smart phones or otherwise not paying attention, but they are there and they do have a gun.

KK

OMFG- some hick internet moron tough guy who is asinine enough to want to be in a shooting called me cupcake! Rest assured that I'm absolutely devastated.

OK, please cite the part of the article in the OP where any of that happened.

Sheriff defends man who shot armed robber at SC Waffle House*|*American Vision News
"During a news conference Saturday night, Wright said even after the masked men entered the restaurant, the concealed weapons holder waited until the robbers began ordering customers to the floor and employees into the back – while waving a gun – to act. After pulling his .45-caliber Glock, the customer ordered the men to stay put until deputies arrived. Only after Williams pointed his Hi-Point 9mm at the man, did the customer fire, Wright said."
“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is you point a gun at him,” the sheriff said.

Hey "Law School Boy" didn`t your school book teach you to do your own research? I guess you and B2Tall were too busy changing your soiled panties under the table ??

Specific bank?

Every Bank of America in my area, my bank, has an armed guard. Just to be more specific, the Summerville branch at Trolley Rd, the Summerville branch on Main St., the North Charleston branch at Dorchester and Ashley Phosphate, the North Charleston branch at Ashley Phosphate and Rivers Ave. Armed guards at every one.

Not that it would really be a deterent as they are usually using their smart phones or otherwise not paying attention, but they are there and they do have a gun.

KK

My request was directed at a poster who lives in my area. I'd like to see it for myself. Would you like to take some pictures??

According to the FBI, in 2010 (the last yr they've posted complete stats for), of the 5600+ bank robberies that year, only 229 involved a guard. You do the math. Other years have similar stats. That's an awful lot of unguarded banks.

BofA hired outside security firms to protect many of their branches around the country during the Occupy fiasco in response to specific threats. There are times when banks will use security companies for their branches in an area that's being hit hard with serial bank robberies but these moves are almost always temporary and the guards are removed once the perps are caught. There is no major bank in this country that, as a company-wide policy, uses a permanent security force at their branches. That went out decades ago for a variety of reasons, and that along with a policy of compliance has reduced customer/employee injuries and deaths to almost microscopic levels.

You and a few others can continue to deny the cold, hard fact that armed robbers shoot people in only about 1-2% of their crimes. I just hope I'm not around when you decide to bump that up to around 100%.

Well, part of my job is to make trips to the bank. In my 15 years here I have (and still do) made countless trips to branches in Ft. Lauderdale, Pompano, Margate, Coral Springs, Sunrise, Tamarac, and others for both personal use as well as business. Never once have I seen an armed guard and I use the lobby as much as I use the drive-thru. Never saw them in all my years in NJ either. Can you give me a specific branch or two??
Wells Fargo Homestead branch, BoA Homestead, for a couple. Both banks have had ATM users robbed and the BoA actually had the ATM machine stolen. Funny what can be done with stolen construction equipment.

Link Removed

Bank Robbery: The FBI Perspective

WB : Are armed guards a deterrent to bank robbery?
FBI
Armed or unarmed guards are a deterrent, and are beneficial when properly deployed outside the institution. A guard positioned outside of the branch allows the guard to deter potential bank robbers and to be a good witness. Even an unarmed guard outside a branch is a deterrent. The vast majority of bank robbers only want to go unnoticed and undetected by everyone except the teller who is being robbed.

I agree anything is better then just thinking your local cops will be able to protect anyone.
Here is Tulsa,Oklahoma we are having a robbing murdering out break and very little can be done, as the people in the stores are not allowed to carry firearms. They are sitting ducks.

LOL! Something tells me that individual has been on these boards before under a different name. There's a familiar reek about his posts. In any case he should put on a pair of water wings before he drowns in his own internet testosterone (that's the web equivalent of beer muscles).

And BTW....if Treo is liking my posts, I must be right! :biggrin:

You and your girlfriend RICH_S sound like two metrosexual products of the MTV generation who have elected to have your testosterone producers sacrificially removed at the alter of "political correctness".
Maybe you should come to SC and learn how real men deal with having a gun pointed at them.
Better yet maybe you should go back to NJ where you will be closer to RICH_S and the two of you ladies can play house.

Link Removed

Bank Robbery: The FBI Perspective

WB : Are armed guards a deterrent to bank robbery?
FBI
Armed or unarmed guards are a deterrent, and are beneficial when properly deployed outside the institution. A guard positioned outside of the branch allows the guard to deter potential bank robbers and to be a good witness. Even an unarmed guard outside a branch is a deterrent. The vast majority of bank robbers only want to go unnoticed and undetected by everyone except the teller who is being robbed.

I added the bold. And bank robbers are no different than any other armed robbers. 99% of them want to grab the money and run. Why force them into a completely unnecessary deadly encounter?? (satisfying some sort of fantasy blood lust doesn't count).

If armed guards are so effective then why don't more banks use them full time?? Why are bank employees taught to hand over the cash without issue?? It's because they know (and I know) that the quicker the perp has the cash, the quicker the threat will disappear.

BTW, what's an unarmed bank guard......a teller?? Unarmed guards don't pull guns and start firefights.

Wells Fargo Homestead branch, BoA Homestead, for a couple. Both banks have had ATM users robbed and the BoA actually had the ATM machine stolen. Funny what can be done with stolen construction equipment.

I'm doing some contracting work on the side in that area. I'm down there probably once a week. I'll check it out. I have a WF account and I'll make a deposit next time I'm down there. Like I said, I've been into a lot of branches down here over the years (both WF and BoA) and have never seen a guard. And trust me....a lot of times I'm carrying large amounts of cash...I'm very aware of who's around in those circumstances. If it's a particulary large amount, we'll send 2 employees to the bank, both CCing.

I'm doing some contracting work on the side in that area. I'm down there probably once a week. I'll check it out. I have a WF account and I'll make a deposit next time I'm down there. Like I said, I've been into a lot of branches down here over the years (both WF and BoA) and have never seen a guard. And trust me....a lot of times I'm carrying large amounts of cash...I'm very aware of who's around in those circumstances. If it's a particulary large amount, we'll send 2 employees to the bank, both CCing.

Considering your posts in this thread why would you even consider carrying a firearm that you'll never use.

Considering your posts in this thread why would you even consider carrying a firearm that you'll never use.

Where did I say I'll never use it??? I'm just not as eager to use it as some on this board claim to be. I've simply said I'll never automatically pull my pistol and use it, especially when the BG is just holding a gun and demanding cash from a cash register, not using it or pointing it at me. It's a last resort, not a first. I guess my lack of desire to shoot somebody or to be put in a position where I have to shoot somebody is some sort of character flaw in the eyes of some. Fine by me.

There's a lot of big talk on this thread but I have the feeling that the chest-thumpers will find it's a lot easier to sit quietly and let the threat pass then jump up and be the first to pull that trigger.

Where did I say I'll never use it??? I've simply said I'll never automatically pull my pistol and use it, especially when the BG is just holding a gun and demanding cash from a cash register, not using it or pointing it at me. It's a last resort, not a first. I guess my lack of desire to shoot somebody or to be put in a position where I have to shoot somebody is some sort of character flaw in the eyes of some. Fine by me.

Hmmmmmm ..... now your story changes. Statistically that man only wants your stuff and to be on his way, you claimed so yourself.

My request was directed at a poster who lives in my area. I'd like to see it for myself. Would you like to take some pictures??

According to the FBI, in 2010 (the last yr they've posted complete stats for), of the 5600+ bank robberies that year, only 229 involved a guard. You do the math. Other years have similar stats. That's an awful lot of unguarded banks.

BofA hired outside security firms to protect many of their branches around the country during the Occupy fiasco in response to specific threats. There are times when banks will use security companies for their branches in an area that's being hit hard with serial bank robberies but these moves are almost always temporary and the guards are removed once the perps are caught. There is no major bank in this country that, as a company-wide policy, uses a permanent security force at their branches. That went out decades ago for a variety of reasons, and that along with a policy of compliance has reduced customer/employee injuries and deaths to almost microscopic levels.

You and a few others can continue to deny the cold, hard fact that armed robbers shoot people in only about 1-2% of their crimes. I just hope I'm not around when you decide to bump that up to around 100%.

FWIW it is taken for granted by every bank guard I ever met in Colorado that if they ever actually draw their sidearms they will be fired regardless of justification.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back