typical wait

Received my Utah permit today, 68 days after the check was cashed.

30 days...

My Nevada (Las Vegas Area) CWP came in 30 days. :dance3:
Waiting on my Utah permit now.... I will get my Florida application out very soon!

My Nevada (Las Vegas Area) CWP came in 30 days. :dance3:
Waiting on my Utah permit now.... I will get my Florida application out very soon!

Make sure that your Florida app and fingerprint card is filled out properly. if not, it could be delayed for a long time. I have read about instances where Florida DOACS returned the app months later with an explanation that something was wrong with the app or fingerprint card.

Calling and checking on status doesn't always work.

I got mine last year. I mailed the application on the evening of June 11 and received my permit on August 11.

Make sure that your Florida app and fingerprint card is filled out properly. if not, it could be delayed for a long time. I have read about instances where Florida DOACS returned the app months later with an explanation that something was wrong with the app or fingerprint card.

Calling and checking on status doesn't always work.

I got mine last year. I mailed the application on the evening of June 11 and received my permit on August 11.

Thanks for that info. I will make sure to quadruple check everything before I seal the envelope!

Why Florida and Utah. Don't they cover the same states?

I have both because I do not have a California resident CCW.

Last year, I took the Nevada CCW class to get a nonresident permit. I went that route because I wanted to learn about Nevada gun laws since I go there quite a bit. I have family and plan to move there eventually. The instructor told us that he is certified to teach the Utah course and for an additional $15, he would sign the training section on the Utah app. What the heck! I did it.

That's how I got the Nevada and the Utah permits.

I was hoping there there was reciprocity with Florida since I plan to go to Florida to visit relatives. I found out that Florida does not accept nonresident permits. That brought on the need to get the nonresident Florida CWP. It was not big deal. I used my Hunter Safety Certificate from 1978 and I got it just as they switch the term to 7 years.

Why Florida and Utah. Don't they cover the same states?
No. UT will give you WA State over FL. UT has one of the most stringent background check requirements. If you do not reside in a State that has reciprocity or mutual recognition with FL you must get a FL CWFL. I have elected to maintain my FL CWFL because the license term is now 7 years. I don't need a FL CWFL since NV has mutual recognition with FL.

Vegas area

I submitted my NV resident application on 05/29. The permit showed up in my mailbox on 06/19 with a date of issue of 06/16/09. Three weeks, not bad.

My first NV permit, 10 years ago, took about 3 months as I remember.

I submitted my NV resident application on 05/29. The permit showed up in my mailbox on 06/19 with a date of issue of 06/16/09. Three weeks, not bad.

My first NV permit, 10 years ago, took about 3 months as I remember.

Congratulations!

Outstanding turnaround.

I just added two handguns to my permit, the Browning Hi Power 9mm and the S&W M&P 45c. I qualified. on June 6 and mailed the paperwork to Washoe County on Jume 9. I received my new permit today n the mail. I realize that I could have a new one made on the spot if I went in personally, but I had to get back home. Very happy with the turnaround via mail.

I applied for Nevada and Utah on the same day. I got my Nevada in 30 days. I got my Utah a couple days ago at 108 days.

Utah renewals are quick. Mine went out in the mail the day they charged my credit card (6/29/2009). It arrived yesterday. Florida deposited my renewal check on 7/3/2009. It should get here before it expires which is end of Sept 2009.

The Carson city sheriff's office was nice to deal with I applied on 8/3 and picked it up on 9/16.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back