typical wait

Okay, here is the latest....

Let me give you guys the story, the way it happened....Hopefully shorter...

I called the PCSO as asked to do in the message.

I spoke with the young lady whom has been given the task of "cleaning up" the mess that is CCW.

According to her, the print machine is fixed and they needed me to start the print process over again, somebody retired, another is retireing and she has been tasked with the CCW operation.

I reminded her of the verbal agreement with the Sheriff on this finger print deal. She said she knew about it, and was trying to do her best to complete the process.

She said that she had a couple of phone calls to make to Carson City, and she would call me back.

She called back about an hour or so later, and said that she may be able to issue the permit without doing the prints again.....So, she took down some more information, (stuff that I thought was on the application) and said she would call me back.

She called back a couple hours later to tell me that the hard cards were sent to Carson, and based on my background check, PCSO is issuing a temporary permit, and when the print clearence comes back from Carson, it will become permenant.

So, on my way back from a meeting in Reno tomorrow, I will stop in Lovelock to pick up the permit....

I still feel that the print "business" is an excuse for something else wrong within the system, but being calm, and curtious (sp) with all involved (Including Sheriff Skinner) helped me attain a verbal agreement with the Sheriff and move on to the issuance of the permit...

Now if I can only figure out how they say I qualified with a Ruger 9mm (I only qualified with a CZ 100, 357 revolver and Glock 23), the world will be right tomorrow afternoon!

I agree. I don't like the way the Sheriff's Office is handling the situation. Instead of going through all of that with the explanation of the machine and people retiring, they could have made some agreements with other counties to use their Live Scan fingerprint machines. If you travel out of town, it would be no problem to stop into another county (with a letter from your Sheriff's Office) and have the prints done there. It's not like your applying there, just having your Live Scan done at the request of your county sheriff. You shouldn't have to go through all of this.

ITS DONE!!

I have the permit in my hands!

I am really glad the process is complete, and Kudos to Sheriff Skinner for keeping his promise!

Oh yeah, I might start dispatching for Pershing County, they have had some turnover in the communications branch, and since I have the experience, they asked me to put in my resume'!

I guess being cordial and professional through all this is paying off...

Carl

ITS DONE!!

I have the permit in my hands!

I am really glad the process is complete, and Kudos to Sheriff Skinner for keeping his promise!

Oh yeah, I might start dispatching for Pershing County, they have had some turnover in the communications branch, and since I have the experience, they asked me to put in my resume'!

I guess being cordial and professional through all this is paying off...

Carl

It's good to know that Pershing County has a Sheriff who keeps his word. That's why he got elected, I guess.

Congratulations on your CCW.

Do you know anything about Douglas County?

It's good to know that Pershing County has a Sheriff who keeps his word. That's why he got elected, I guess.

Congratulations on your CCW.

Do you know anything about Douglas County?

Thank you!

I know nothing about Douglas.....

It appears that Sheriff Skinner is cleaning house in his admin department.

Finished my application today, and its in the mail with my resume' in the morning!

Carl

Thank you!

I know nothing about Douglas.....

It appears that Sheriff Skinner is cleaning house in his admin department.

Finished my application today, and its in the mail with my resume' in the morning!

Carl

Well, my brother finally got the call today from Sheriff Ron Pierini's office signifying that his CCW application was approved. As I mentioned before, his app was submitted on March 13. This is past the 120 day time period to process the application. I guess it's better late than never. At least, his expiration date is 7/18/2013. Mine is 4/14/08. We're going to have to take the renewal earlier.

Good to hear he got it!

He had to wait just about as long as I did..

Carl

You should see it. I don't know what the other counties' permits look like, but all it it is a laminated piece of paper with his photo on it. They could come up with something better than that. Washoe County permits look more official.

Pershing's is laminated, has my picture, all my vital stats, the number of the permit and Sheriff Skinner and my signature...

On the back, they only list two of the three pistols I am qualified with. Minus the serial numbers.

I had to remind the new lady doing the permits that I can have as many pistols on the permit as I want, even though they only list two.

She was a little confused about that, stating she was not sure of the law....I told her she needed to research that.

Carl....

Pershing's is laminated, has my picture, all my vital stats, the number of the permit and Sheriff Skinner and my signature...

On the back, they only list two of the three pistols I am qualified with. Minus the serial numbers.

I had to remind the new lady doing the permits that I can have as many pistols on the permit as I want, even though they only list two.

She was a little confused about that, stating she was not sure of the law....I told her she needed to research that.

Carl....

My brother's only has two of his handguns also. We both qualified with 3 handguns, two autos and one revolver each. They told them that there is only room for two handguns and the third was on record. It looks like a big permit.

My Washoe County issued permit has my two autos, plus "REVYES" for the revolver. There are rows and columns for 18 handguns in all.

Hopefully this thread can carry on for people who are keeping track.

-First time application submitted July 8, 2008.
-Envelope from Metro CCW Detail postmarked August 5, 2008.
-Arrived on my mailbox today, August 7, 2008.

Time from application to permit in hands, exactly 30 days. Not having to wait 120 days........Priceless!

Hope this helps,
magic

Hopefully this thread can carry on for people who are keeping track.

-First time application submitted July 8, 2008.
-Envelope from Metro CCW Detail postmarked August 5, 2008.
-Arrived on my mailbox today, August 7, 2008.

Time from application to permit in hands, exactly 30 days. Not having to wait 120 days........Priceless!

Hope this helps,
magic

Congratulations!

That's one of the quicker turnarounds I have read about in some time.

maybe because I told the girl at the window she was hot? Just kidding!

Yeah, it came fast and I am certainly not complaining!

While I was waiting to do the range qualification, someone said a friend got theirs in 21 days. Mine goes in some time this week and I'll update the thread when I get it, not that it will help you.

Another by product of the election. It's nationwide. LVMPD is processing October 2008 applications now which require refingerprinting because of a SNAFU with the Fingerprint Bureau. Florida is running about 90 days now.

In December 2008, the CCW instructor told me to expect a 30 days processing time.

I submitted my renewal application on December 29, in Clark County/LVMPD. As of today, no permit yet. But this is only day 37 or so.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back