Troll Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Mom!

I absolutely love that undefeatable sense of humor! No matter how dark the clouds, you guys are a CONSTANT reminder of that wonderful silver lining! Thank :yu:! :pleasantry:

Well, I'm glad that you can SEE that! :biggrin:

Congrats on the new peepers!

I think we should just add the below sign to the home page. When trolls see it they will know this is a troll free zone and stay out. I mean the no gun signs work great at creating gun free zones..... right?!?!

150px-No-Troll1.png

good idea. if that doesn't work then I don't know what will.

I was not going to post in on this, but what the hell, just two things there will always be trolls, they cannot be located, there in cyberspace, they cannot be killed, they just change names, passwords, IP adress's and whatever, the second thing is the church and religon deal, everyone is entitled to worship or not, whatever faith they want, personaly I only have one question on the subject, If God is the all powerful, all knowing, awsome being some make him out to be, why does he allow all the bad stuff in the world go on like it does????????????????????

I only have one question on the subject, If God is the all powerful, all knowing, awsome being some make him out to be, why does he allow all the bad stuff in the world go on like it does????????????????????

They don't really have an answer. They'll tell you "you just need to have faith" while churches around the world take in billions of dollars. Religions are the biggest scams of all time. It's always been about money and politics. It's been like that long before Christ. It was even a requirement that a fee had to be paid before anyone could enter the Temple of Solomon. And then there were the Crusades in the Middle Ages, which were a big political and money grab for the church to spread its disease to the Middle East. And then the Reformation began because the Church was selling pardons to get into heaven. And today, the Church has enormous edifices, TV shows, DVD's, gift shops (like at the Vatican), and its own YouTube page.

How can anyone not see that it's all a scam? Jesus was a man of modest means (whom I genuinely have the the highest respect for). He owned literally nothing. Did he need all this stuff to spread his word?

So, this is a religion thread now? :wacko:
Aren't they all - at least in the off-topics?
...there will always be trolls, they cannot be located, there in cyberspace, they cannot be killed, they just change names, passwords, IP adress's and whatever...
This would be the case, assuming the subject actually was online forum trolls or online trolling. But what the OP tries to do as is often the case with the leading titles and "grabber" headlines as Mom likes to opine, is lead you to believe their rant before you even start reading.

The actual truth in this case relates to the OP's frustration with forum members he doesn't seem to like or doesn't agree with. So they must be trolls and we should all band together to enact policies for their management.

Yet another logical fallacy and huge load of mare excrement from the JJBoy. :to_pick_ones_nose:

I was not going to post in on this, but what the hell, just two things there will always be trolls, they cannot be located, there in cyberspace, they cannot be killed, they just change names, passwords, IP adress's and whatever, the second thing is the church and religon deal, everyone is entitled to worship or not, whatever faith they want, personaly I only have one question on the subject, If God is the all powerful, all knowing, awsome being some make him out to be, why does he allow all the bad stuff in the world go on like it does????????????????????

Simple. It is called free will. We are not robots. We have the freedom to choose right and wrong, good or evil. Make no mistake about it. One day the "bad stuff" will all come to an end but until then as the scripture says "in this world you have tribulation".

Aiiight then. let's all buckle down and just make the best of this tribulation period, OK? :pleasantry:

Left Behind (series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Left Behind is a series of 16 best-selling novels by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, dealing with Christian dispensationalist End Times: pretribulation, premillennial, Christian eschatological viewpoint of the end of the world

Total sales for the series have surpassed 65 million copies. Seven titles in the adult series have reached #1 on the bestseller lists for the New York Times, USA Today, and Publishers Weekly.

The End of Times sells!

It makes no sense whatsoever that an infinite, omnipotent god would need to incarnate himself as a human and then subject himself to an agonizing and bloody death just so he could persuade himself to forgive us and save us from the cruel fate he created for us. It makes even less sense that the all-wise creator of the universe would manifest himself in an isolated corner of the world during a primitive age of its history, teach proverbs identical to those of the other belief systems of the day, promise to return quickly to destroy the world, and then vanish utterly for a span of time now going on two thousand years, leaving behind no trace except for a few hazy memories and anonymous writings that he had ever been here at all.

It makes no sense whatsoever that an infinite, omnipotent god would need to...
Religious belief has nothing to do with sense. Research is showing that believers and non-believers express differences in the structure of their brains. Some people may be predisposed to need to believe.

Anyway, most religions seek to show that 'god' (whatever that is in the different belief systems) relates directly to the people of the time and place where the religion originated. Later believers continue to find ways to make their religion relate to themselves and their times.
YouTube - Joan Osborne - One of Us

Fresh air

I wish it could be said that it is nice to be back.

I see the same ole in-fighting continues.

While I was away, I joined another site. It was, to put mildly, fresh air.

Their were no religious postings. No postings regarding birthin babies, or Presidents with middle names of Hussein.

No talk of driving down to the boarder, and shooting hispanics.

No talk of politics, or religion permitted.

No gay bashing.

No cut and pasts for right, or left wing sites allowed.

No Conspiracy wacko's allowed.

No flaming to or from the friends of Jesus, or any of the other God words.

Here are some of the rules from the site:
General Rules:

1. Although we have a number of other forums here, we are primarily focused on concealed carry. Threads and posts should be related to the individual forum's focus.

2. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts or PMs. Trolling, flaming, and personal attacks are strictly prohibited. You are welcome to disagree with opinions other than your own, but flaming other members will not be allowed. If you can't figure out how to compose a post without it being confrontational or a personal attack on someone, simply bite your lip
and don't post it.

6. We do not discriminate in regards to religion, race, creed, gender, sexual preference, or national origin, nor will we tolerate, on this forum, those that do. Racial, ethnic, or religious slurs appearing in posts will be removed.

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we prohibit these subjects in our discussions. We also discourage "caliber wars" and the virtues of "open carry" topic; strongly encouraging you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.

10. Discussion of illegal activities except in reporting the actions of others is not allowed. Discussion for the purpose of promoting these activities may subject the poster to being banned. Admission of illegal activity on your part will be removed or the poster will given the opportunity to edit their admission out of the post. Anyone quoting or referencing deleted or edited posts will have their posts edited/removed as well. In short, DO NOT use this forum to admit to breaking the law.

IMO.
Perhaps this could be a better site if some, if not all of these rules were incorporated into this site.

Religious belief has nothing to do with sense. Research is showing that believers and non-believers express differences in the structure of their brains. Some people may be predisposed to need to believe.

Anyway, most religions seek to show that 'god' (whatever that is in the different belief systems) relates directly to the people of the time and place where the religion originated. Later believers continue to find ways to make their religion relate to themselves and their times.
YouTube - Joan Osborne - One of Us

And some peoples god is research and science. They believe science because their brain needs to believe science is true. Also perhaps some people have a need NOT to believe in God because a belief would bring them face to face with a life style that is not consistent with a God and his standards. But as we have said before opinions is two things we all have.

I wish it could be said that it is nice to be back.

I see the same ole in-fighting continues.

While I was away, I joined another site. It was, to put mildly, fresh air.

Their were no religious postings. No postings regarding birthin babies, or Presidents with middle names of Hussein.

No talk of driving down to the boarder, and shooting hispanics.

No talk of politics, or religion permitted.

No gay bashing.

No cut and pasts for right, or left wing sites allowed.

No Conspiracy wacko's allowed.

No flaming to or from the friends of Jesus, or any of the other God words.

Here are some of the rules from the site:
General Rules:

1. Although we have a number of other forums here, we are primarily focused on concealed carry. Threads and posts should be related to the individual forum's focus.

2. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts or PMs. Trolling, flaming, and personal attacks are strictly prohibited. You are welcome to disagree with opinions other than your own, but flaming other members will not be allowed. If you can't figure out how to compose a post without it being confrontational or a personal attack on someone, simply bite your lip
and don't post it.

6. We do not discriminate in regards to religion, race, creed, gender, sexual preference, or national origin, nor will we tolerate, on this forum, those that do. Racial, ethnic, or religious slurs appearing in posts will be removed.

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we prohibit these subjects in our discussions. We also discourage "caliber wars" and the virtues of "open carry" topic; strongly encouraging you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.

10. Discussion of illegal activities except in reporting the actions of others is not allowed. Discussion for the purpose of promoting these activities may subject the poster to being banned. Admission of illegal activity on your part will be removed or the poster will given the opportunity to edit their admission out of the post. Anyone quoting or referencing deleted or edited posts will have their posts edited/removed as well. In short, DO NOT use this forum to admit to breaking the law.

IMO.
Perhaps this could be a better site if some, if not all of these rules were incorporated into this site.

I really don't mind the casual conversation, politics, or religion if it's confined to an appropriate thread.

My personal annoyance here is that threads often get hijacked so people can show off for each other. I've experienced people cluttering threads with statements that they don't know the answer but they offer a (usually meaningless) opinion anyway. More often somebody posts a scripture reference for no reason other than it's important to them even though it's off-topic and then others have to demonstrate their ability to cut and paste scripture too. If that behavior were restricted to general discussion or off topic threads it would be fine.

The carry related threads should have carry information in them.

And some peoples god is research and science. They believe science because their brain needs to believe science is true. Also perhaps some people have a need NOT to believe in God because a belief would bring them face to face with a life style that is not consistent with a God and his standards. But as we have said before opinions is two things we all have.
Uh, okay ... perhaps ...
:unsure:

Yes, because science is based on logic and observation. Religion asks you to put faith in an invisible man in the sky. Is there any real reason why he's decided to remain invisible? Is there a reason why he feels the need to be worshiped? Isn't that arrogant and a desire (and isn't God supposed to be above desire)? And why does the Church need money if it's only about the message? Why can't the followers of religions just share their word casually like they would their opinions on other things? If the message is so great, it'll find its way to spread around the world to the rest of humanity. And if God really wants us to "be happy" according to the way religion preaches it, why does religion suggest becoming reliant upon it? The key to happiness is not giving up your desires to an invisible man; it's by empowering yourself and doing what you want. Why should God expect unquestioned devotion to him if he doesn't have the decency to show himself?

I was a devout Christian for 18 years. I finally woke up a couple years ago when I figured out that everyone in the church was full of it and didn't really have the answers to my questions. "We don't know; but please give us more money."

It just doesn't work with RSP, no matter the rules. That's why alot of sites prohibit it entirely.

It doesn't matter one way or the other. Reality boundaries can be nebulous for some people.

It's the Internet. You know: electrons flowing around, thoughts, words, pictures, etc. Sheesh. :pleasantry:

You don't have to join in any conversation. If you don't like it and can't participate in a discussion without name calling then don't join in. I'm not considered a church going type because I don't attend services regularly, however, I do consider myself a religious individual. I believe everyone has a right to their opinions but when it comes down to name calling or holding religion as a a constant negative then move on. I don't hold it against anyone for not believing in a higher being so don't hold it against me for doing so.

C&L, I know if Rule 9 is invoked here it will put a damper on most of the shenanigans that go on.

I admit, it is sometimes fun, and a great deal of sport, teasing, and tauting the ultra conservative, religious zealots.

It was however, just pissing in the wind. After awhile, I couldn't be serious with them. I have a serious issue in dealing with "stupid". No matter what logic you bring, no mater what evidence you put forth, its their God, or their politics, and if you don't agree with them you are just a troll, and or a heretic.

The Christian Crusaders can argue their point also. IMO, I think they take great pleasure in quoting bible passages. When they feel threatened, they cry "troll", and whine to the admin.

The admin don't have any choice, but to try to reel the accused blasphemers in.

I subscribe to the convicts code of honor, and never rat out a fellow inmate.

Why do we need religion and politics here, if it causes the arguments?

I have seen Rule 9 in use.

It is a breath of fresh air. A gun site, that is just a gun site.

Very little if any infighting goes on there.

Is that what we want to do here?

Argue, fight, flame?

Rule 9: We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we prohibit these subjects in our discussions. We also discourage "caliber wars" and the virtues of "open carry" topic; strongly encouraging you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.

They don't really have an answer. They'll tell you "you just need to have faith" while churches around the world take in billions of dollars. Religions are the biggest scams of all time. It's always been about money and politics. It's been like that long before Christ. It was even a requirement that a fee had to be paid before anyone could enter the Temple of Solomon. And then there were the Crusades in the Middle Ages, which were a big political and money grab for the church to spread its disease to the Middle East. And then the Reformation began because the Church was selling pardons to get into heaven. And today, the Church has enormous edifices, TV shows, DVD's, gift shops (like at the Vatican), and its own YouTube page.

How can anyone not see that it's all a scam? Jesus was a man of modest means (whom I genuinely have the the highest respect for). He owned literally nothing. Did he need all this stuff to spread his word?

Well, I lasted quite a while. I had intended to just watch. I don't know most of the folks being called trolls. But, the anti-Christian stuff get to me sometimes.

Midnight. My Christianity is not a scam. My small, rural church does not take in billions or millions. We scrape by. I haven't had a full paycheck in some time. I'm not wealthy. I'm not retired.

I am quite well-educated (at State Universities, with degrees in Political Science and History), excluding the two (earned) graduate level degrees I also earned at seminaries. I could have had (and did have at times) more lucrative positions, but I chose what I believe I have been called to do: preach, teach, counsel, and befriend.

I offer no premiums, just Christ and Him crucified. Believe as you will, but please don't confuse my brand of Christianity with that of the Televangelists and charlatans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back