They Hate God: The Real Root of Atheist's Anti-Christmas Rage

Here we go again.
Religious guy makes statement "X" about religion.
Non-religious guy says, "No, not 'X' at all. It's 'Y.'"
Religious guy says, "Oh, yeah?! Well, you've failed to back your statement up with specific evidence including detailed citations.
Moral (I guess): Religious types are exempt from rules (their bizaareness is a different issue here) they want to apply to non-religious types.
Scoreboard: The religious types are losing.
And what if both X and Y are correct? What if God (X) exists and created the rules (Y) that defined the natural world. Open your mind.
What I find interesting is that a book written many centuries ago explains the formation of the universe and the splitting of a single-cell organism, yet it was more than 1600 years before science discovered it to be true. I, for one, don't believe in this level of coincidence. So, I decided to read the Bible. I mean, if I'm gonna have a position on this issue I better know what I'm talking about, right? So if someone wants to argue points of religion, Christianity, atheism or what the Bible is or isn't, they should have at least read-up on the subject.
The Bible is a collection of stories. There are many more that didn't make it into the book. Most of these writings of the same times confirm various parts of the historical record in the Bible.

I hate xmas and I don't care how you greet people. I'd work it to get the holiday pay but no one will give up their shift.

Funny, atheist spend nearly every waken hour ranting about a God the don't think exists. Isn't that a little stupid. It's like I don't believe in ghosts, but it doesn't consume my life and I don't rant against anyone the believes in ghost. If they don't believe in God that's their problem and it will be settled at the "Great Throne Judgement". Where it will suck to have been an Atheist.

Actually, I rarely ever mention it. I have too many other things on my mind, most of which I don't bother other people with. If the topic comes up I assess the worth of engaging in the moment and either attempt a discussion or blow the whole thing off. I have no interest in being preached at or condemned with malice by people who are supposed to be friends.

There are hundreds of threads here and I only participate in the conversations I enjoy talking about. But, some people just can't stop injecting themselves into a religious thread & trolling. Personally, I don't like troll whether they are believers or unbelievers. But, I sometimes will let my flesh get the better of me & strike back. Other times, I just say what I feel God wants me to say and the let things alone.

That's about how I feel too, I read most of them and will not comment anything negative,but when someone has a good post going and then my favorate guy throws in one of his religious quotes that's when I get mean.

Come on grow up and keep the conversation at least halfway intellectual and start backing up some of what you rant about with facts, cites & scientific evidence.

-

Ok be happy to as you are unwilling to use google. Factual examples here in a easy to read picture for ya. Feel free to fact check. Ball is in you're court.

Link Removed

But you don't see atheist trying to jam there beliefs down other peoples throats as you see religious guys preaching their beliefs. Some of the topics on religion aren't to bad,but there's that 1 guy in here that can't write anything unless he quoting from the bible,like I said,I'm not an atheist,but that one guy on here ruins any thought of me wanting to learn more.

Funny, I didn't think atheist believed in anything, so how can you jam "nothing" down anyones throat?

No it wouldn't be. Every forum that I'm a part of that has a religious area is constantly barraged by atheists coming in to disrupt conversations about God, evolution & salvation. Just like it happens here.

Here's a question for you & the atheists here; "Why don't atheists just stay away from religious discussions in the 'Off Topic' area?"

I have a theory why with two possible reasons-

Atheists' HATRED for God, Christians and especially, the Lord JESUS compels them to come and interfere in religious discussions to disrupt them and try to force admins & mods to lock them in order to stop the Gospel be preached & taught.

2. Atheists really know God is real and despite their hatred & bitterness for God, the Holy Spirit is compelling them to come to religious threads & forums to learn more about God, Christ & salvation.

Whatever the reason is: the question why atheists feel they must participate if any religious discussions about a GOD & Heaven they claim doesn't exist or believe in, really baffles yet intrigues me.

-

We reply because this a FORUM a place to discuss things and for all to express their opinion. We do not hate I hold no ill will to anyone for there beliefs there actions maybe IE not taking you're kid to the doctor cause you believe god will cure them. Please note even in you're rant about us being the ones who hate you're disdain is clear. The people chatting are polite and please take note the non believers are not in any way casting aspersions we are simply pointing out facts that go ignored.

We do not seek to close a thread or limit speech this is however a popular and often used tactic of the believers. Open free discourse is not in any way a threat to us can you say the same?

We participate because we are free to do so. Remember even today in parts of the world those who disagree with the "word of god" are tortured and even killed for doing so. Even here you seem to want to censor any view that YOU do not agree with.

Feel free to point out where atheists have beat, tortured or killed those who refused to think as we do.

We do not believe in any higher power. We believe we are the highest power and we are both in control and make of life what we choose to. We accept that death is the end thus we make the most of our lives here. We accept all people no matter race, color, sex, creed or religious belief.

We understand faith requires no proof and no amount of reality or physical proof will alter the majority of the believers out there. We want all people to be free.

If the bible is you're book then I strongly suggest you read it the whole thing I have read every major religions book and many of the smaller ones. Thus I many times know more about the words in them the the believers do. It is very easy to point out the bibles view of woman being inferior to men form the pages. The parts saying it is ok to own slaves. Yes the bible says these things. If you desire pure facts or historical proof of the truth I am happy to share them. If you have any facts that go the other way I am happy to listen. If you do I will not call you names nor I will not curse you for doing so.

Funny, I didn't think atheist believed in anything, so how can you jam "nothing" down anyones throat?

Belief can be had in many things. I believe in my wife, myself my daughter my grand kids and so on. I do not try to force you to believe in what I do A belief system does not have to be religious in nature.

No rebuttal? Are you guys just busy reading??

Their rebuttals actually seldom are. All they seem to do when it comes to beliefs and morals is to restate their own preoccupation with the bizarre notion that anybody who says his or her beliefs and morals are anchored in something other than their god and his human-produced book aren't anchored in anything at all, except illusion. It's so predictable and so tiresome...

Rebut what?

Emotions, delusions and opinions really can't be rebutted. The only thing you've posted is emotional based drivel.

I'm still waiting for someone to intelligently discuss the science, videos & references that have already been mentioned. Just go over what I've listed and then post your "scientifically" and/or "mathematical" based rebuttal to the data in the videos & books I mentioned.

I'm really not interested in arguing with idiots who refuse to get beyond playground type squabbling. But, we can discuss the scientific data & mathematical probabilities involved on both sides. Go back & watch the videos and read the books I've already referenced; then we can discuss the specifics of the "data". (I'll still be here waiting.)

-

Some (not all) religious people appear to want an exclusive monopoly on public religious dialogue, but of course they can't just come out and say that. Instead, they have to pretend to be victims of various kinds of anti-religion attacks.
Yeah but you can't argue that there's a faction in the atheist community that is waging all-out war on anything religious.
Case in point. I have a couple acres of wooded land at the intersection of two highways. There's a lot of accidents there. A local girl was killed and her husband and son put-up a cross, a candle and some flowers on the shoulder. Someone ripped it out so they put it back. I came by and saw the highway department taking it down. They said some guy complained that it was on state property. I knew who the husband was and called him. I showed him the property line and told him to put the memorial over the line on my property. A week or so after while coming home I see this mutt stopped looking at it. I pull off and watch. He starts walking up the incline to the memorial. He's gonna tear this thing out again... and it's on my property. I confronted him. told him it's my property, they have my permission and to get off now. The point is that this memorial might be giving the little boy and husband some peace when they drive through. This progressive liberal atheist nut-job can't see that. he can only be selfish... like his eyes will burst into flames if he sees a cross.

Yeah but you can't argue that there's a faction in the atheist community that is waging all-out war on anything religious.
Case in point. I have a couple acres of wooded land at the intersection of two highways. There's a lot of accidents there. A local girl was killed and her husband and son put-up a cross, a candle and some flowers on the shoulder. Someone ripped it out so they put it back. I came by and saw the highway department taking it down. They said some guy complained that it was on state property. I knew who the husband was and called him. I showed him the property line and told him to put the memorial over the line on my property. A week or so after while coming home I see this mutt stopped looking at it. I pull off and watch. He starts walking up the incline to the memorial. He's gonna tear this thing out again... and it's on my property. I confronted him. told him it's my property, they have my permission and to get off now. The point is that this memorial might be giving the little boy and husband some peace when they drive through. This progressive liberal atheist nut-job can't see that. he can only be selfish... like his eyes will burst into flames if he sees a cross.

He should go to jail and found liable in a civil tort action.

Rebut what?

Emotions, delusions and opinions really can't be rebutted. The only thing you've posted is emotional based drivel.

I'm still waiting for someone to intelligently discuss the science, videos & references that have already been mentioned. Just go over what I've listed and then post your "scientifically" and/or "mathematical" based rebuttal to the data in the videos & books I mentioned.

I'm really not interested in arguing with idiots who refuse to get beyond playground type squabbling. But, we can discuss the scientific data & mathematical probabilities involved on both sides. Go back & watch the videos and read the books I've already referenced; then we can discuss the specifics of the "data". (I'll still be here waiting.)

-

I just gave you a nice picture that states both the name of the "god" at the time and there information. Showing clearly that a full 3000 THREE THOUSAND years prior to Jesus the date and stories surrounding his birth and life had already been used. These are easy to check and easy to verify by documents and writings literately carved in stone. That is both scientifically provable and mathematical as well.

You ask for facts well I presented them and amazingly they are ignored. Facts that can be verified through simple research.

I just gave you a nice picture that states both the name of the "god" at the time and there information. Showing clearly that a full 3000 THREE THOUSAND years prior to Jesus the date and stories surrounding his birth and life had already been used. These are easy to check and easy to verify by documents and writings literately carved in stone. That is both scientifically provable and mathematical as well.

You ask for facts well I presented them and amazingly they are ignored. Facts that can be verified through simple research.

Now that you have presented facts and logic, someone will undoubtedly call you a troll...the normal progression around here.

Sent from my hand-held mind distractor

Their rebuttals actually seldom are. All they seem to do when it comes to beliefs and morals is to restate their own preoccupation with the bizarre notion that anybody who says his or her beliefs and morals are anchored in something other than their god and his human-produced book aren't anchored in anything at all, except illusion. It's so predictable and so tiresome...
I've given rebuttals but no one is prepared to answer.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back