The only real reason anyone carries concealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not a lie. I really don't care what you think.
I just replied to see if you were one of those blow hards that has to have the last word.
I reply to continue the discussion, as have others. Just because you don't like my argument doesn't mean I'm a jerk. Please troll somewhere else.

Blueshell,
Can you describe some of the imagined reasons for CC versus OC?
I can do whichever I wish, but I'm always interested in hearing what people think of their choices (aside, of course, from the fact that they always think they are RIGHT).

Why Carry a Gun?

My old Grandpa said to me, 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take a whoopin'.'

I don't carry a gun to kill people; I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil; I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the World.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government; I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry; I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone; I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man; I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate; I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it; I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron: Free citizens must protect themselves because police do not protect you from crime; they just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

With guns, we are 'citizens'; without them, we are 'subjects'.

As to why I carry openly, well...

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you would like to discuss that topic then please open a thread about it. This thread, however, regards how one is carrying and why, not if one carries at all.

My actual reply is located at the bottom of that wall of words but, thanks for the heads up on starting my own thread on a beaten to death topic though.

As to why I carry openly, well...

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.

It's ok for you to call me a troll but when I reply in kind.... You report my post as name calling?

Read closer.
He said to "troll a different thread", which is advising you to take an action, not calling you a name (unlike your name-calling in another thread).
If he told you to fish in the pond, it doesn't mean he's calling you a fish...

Read closer.
He said to "troll a different thread", which is advising you to take an action, not calling you a name (unlike your name-calling in another thread).
I could not have said it better.

Back to topic: the only real reason to carry concealed is to dodge not being able to carry at all. This is because carrying concealed is an offensive act (surprise is an offensive tactic, not a defensive tactic) and civilians are not justified in using lethal force offensively.

Concealment is defensive only when being unarmed is the alternative.

Many dream up excuses for carrying concealed, such as fashion, but as such is still offensive, not defensive, behavior, all such reasons remain invalid.

Read closer.

And if you and bluebells has any reading comprehension, you'd note that I never called him a troll in kind.
I only asked if "he had the thread covered".

Telling someone to " troll a different thread" is a direct implication that I am being equated to a Troll.

It seems as if even simple logic goes over your head Robby...

And if you and bluebells has any reading comprehension, you'd note that I never called him a troll in kind.
I only asked if "he had the thread covered".

Telling someone to " troll a different thread" is a direct implication that I am being equated to a Troll.

It seems as if even simple logic goes over your head Robby...

If you have an opinion or a statement that doesn't involve name calling, make it. This """discussion""" isn't going anywhere.

This is because carrying concealed is an offensive act (supprise is an offensive tactic, not a defencive tactic) and civilians are not justified in using lethal force offensively.

On what planet is concealed "offensive"?

On what planet is concealed carry anything less than you, behind the curve right at the jump off?

Words of wisdom....

This is for those "Conceal Carry only" crowd and how they have the "element of surprise" because they hide their gun.

(I believe it was Bikenut(?) who posted this at one point)

CC and OC have the very same "element of surprise" because the "element of surprise" is really nothing more than the bad guy being "surprised" to discover his intended victim ..... has a gun.

With CC the bad guy is "surprised" to see his intended victim has a gun to defend himself with after the bad guy has already chosen his victim and the attack is already in progress and at that point seeing the gun can make the bad guy decide to stop the attack.

With OC the bad guy is "surprised" to see his intended victim has a gun to defend himself with during the bad guy's choosing a victim process and at that point seeing the gun can make the bad guy decide not to attack at all.

But either way... it was the bad guy being "surprised" to see a gun that was the actual "element of surprise".

Quite frankly... I'd prefer the bad guy be "surprised" to see my openly carried gun and decide not to attack me so I can go home and watch the 6 o'clock news coverage .... from the comfort of my easy chair..... about the CC'er who had to pull his gun and "surprise" the bad guy who attacked him.

Does OC's "element of surprise" really work? Well.... there have been thousands of folks open carrying in many States (Like Arizona) for decades! and yet accounts of folks OC'ing being attacked are rare. And you know with the anti gun media any incident involving an open carrier being attacked would be covered over and over and over yet such has not been the case in the past nor is it now.

And, in my not so humble opinion, because CC's use of the "element of surprise" is only effective after the attack has begun but OC's use of the "element of surprise" can prevent an attack from happening............. OC's use of the "element of surprise" is far superior to CC's because....

I'd much rather watch the 6 o'clock news than to BE the news.[\QUOTE]

Not everyone lives in an open carry state, so it's concealed carry or nothing.

On what planet is concealed "offensive"?
Earth.

Here is a sample of my base refrence material regarding the use of 'the element of supprise': ASK THE STREET FIGHTER | Turn the Element of Surprise on Your Side

"The element of supprise" is desired by gun carriers for exicuting a counter attack the perpitrator didn't expect. A counter attack is retaliation, and retaliation is not self defence. A counter attack is retribution, or pay-back, and is not a valid use of lethal force.

With CC the bad guy is "surprised" to see his intended victim has a gun to defend himself with after the bad guy has already chosen his victim and the attack is already in progress and at that point seeing the gun can make the bad guy decide to stop the attack.
Merly presenting the firearm is using lethal force; yes, even if you don't pull the trigger. Here is a proof: Monthly Law Journal Article

The only way to show the gun without using lethal force is by showing it holstered. The only way to do that is by carrying it openly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back