The only real reason anyone carries concealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I make no demands of others.

Nope, no demands, but you sure don't hesitate to encourage others to willfully violate the laws concerning CC & OC.

Carrying concealed to avoid being disarmed alltogether is the very reason I've been saying is the only valid reason.

Please do carry concealed if your state bans OC. Please also carry concealed into post offices, school zones, liquor stores, cassinos, past no-gun signs that have force of law, etc.

verb
verb: demand; 3rd person present: demands; past tense: demanded; past participle: demanded; gerund or present participle: demanding
ask authoritatively or brusquely.
"“Where is she?” he demanded"
synonyms: order, command, enjoin, urge;

insist on having.
"an outraged public demanded retribution"
synonyms: call for, ask for, request, push for, hold out for; More
require; need.
"a complex activity demanding detailed knowledge"
synonyms: require, need, necessitate, call for, involve, entail
"an activity demanding detailed knowledge"
All of which are statements spoken or written. Part of getting away with it is keeping one's mouth shut to the topic. Not only do I decline to write or say any demand, but I avoid saying anything about it at all.

A lot of justification for your actions.
I explain my actions, I don't justify them. If caught I own up to what I've don.

All of which are statements spoken or written. Part of getting away with it is keeping one's mouth shut to the topic. Not only do I decline to write or say any demand, but I avoid saying anything about it at all.

I explain my actions, I don't justify them. If caught I own up to what I've don.

Nothing in the definition requires verbal or written insistence.
You "insist on having" your gun on your person without the property owner's knowledge.

You violate their right to private property so you can exercise your RTKABA.
Your justification is that you think the property owner is wrong in their desire to not have guns on their property.

I assume you're comfortable with states that deny citizens their RTAKABA?
You should have no problem with it since you have no problem stripping people of THEIR rights, and have openly admitted so in this thread.

Nothing in the definition requires verbal or written insistence.
You "insist on having" your gun on your person without the property owner's knowledge.
I accept that this is how you choose to see it. You are entitled to your opinion.

You violate their right to private property so you can exercise your RTKABA.
Yes.

I accept that I will likely be charged with criminal trespassing if 'made'. I accept that consequence. I do not run from it, I accept it.

Link Removed

I am not your property. I reject your attempt to control me as I reject my own desire to control others.

Your justification is that you think the property owner is wrong in their desire to not have guns on their property.
Yes; unless the property owner can demonstrate a need, such as above-ground fuel storage or radioactive medical supply use/storage. In such cases my own life is threatened by my gun, not merely a perp's.

I assume you're comfortable with states that deny citizens their RTAKABA?
The state is welcome to go **** itself. I fully encourage everyone to violate any and all gun laws.

You should have no problem with it since you have no problem stripping people of THEIR rights, and have openly admitted so in this thread.
To violate is not to strip. Even if all rights were equal, to violate is not to strip.

Rights are not equal to each-other. Rights have rank, and the right to life is the highest. Your life is more important than my things.

To violate your right to disarm me is the whole reason to carry concealed.

To violate your right to disarm me is the only valid reason to carry concealed.

Carrying a concealed gun is to be dishonest. Carrying a concealed gun is to sneak. Carrying a concealed gun is to try and get away with something.

The only honest way to carry a gun is to carry OPENLY.

verb
verb: demand; 3rd person present: demands; past tense: demanded; past participle: demanded; gerund or present participle: demanding
"an activity demanding detailed knowledge"
.ask authoritatively or brusquely.
"“Where is she?” he demanded"
synonyms: order, command, enjoin, urge;
insist on having.
"an outraged public demanded retribution"
synonyms: call for, ask for, request, push for, hold out for; More
require; need.
"a complex activity demanding detailed knowledge"
synonyms: require, need, necessitate, call for, involve, entail
You insist on having your gun on your person, even if the private property owner wishes otherwise. You are thereby demanding that they allow you to carry, even if you don't directly express your desire to them or announce your actions to them.
On what planet? Did you read that definition before you posted it? He doesn't "ask authoritatively or brusquely" with the property owner. He doesn't "order, command, enjoin or urge" him. He doesn't "insist on having". He doesn't "call for, ask for or request". He doesn't "push for or hold out for more". I'm not saying his actions are right or wrong, but he quite obviously doesn't demand because he doesn't do the things in the definition that you yourself posted. You're just wasting time trying to argue something you already proved yourself wrong on instead of arguing an actual valid point. Move on to something real.
You're violating their rights, even if they don't know it, just as you are breaking the law by doing 100MPH on the highway even if you don't get caught.
BINGO!!!!! A valid point! Thank you! But I don't think he cares.
A lot of justification for your actions.
It's an interesting point too. Obviously we should go somewhere else if that option is available to us. I can't speak for Blueshell but there are a couple of places around here where I don't have any other options. I won't give all the details for obvious reasons but there are some places locally that have no nearby competitors, or all of their competitors are criminal protection zones too. I didn't concern myself with these situations much in the past, but recent events have changed my perspective. And having my wife with me, along with the occurrence of those recent events, has dramatically changed the way I view risk factors and mitigation factors. I can't bear to think of the possibility of losing my wife in a scenario where I might have been able to protect her with my gun, so I weigh that against the violation of someone's property rights. I don't take that likely, so I'm very uncomfortable in those situations. But I find myself agreeing with Blueshell in those positions, that rights are not always equal, and that in the right circumstances some of them can be far more important than others.

Robgmn would proffer your wife die than property "violated".

Very unlike your other posts, and quite honestly makes no sense whatsoever.
Have you been enjoying some post-dinner refreshments?

Rhino: I din't write the definition, I merely reposted it from the Merriam-Webster dictionary, which just so happens to originate on this very third rock from the sun.
And yes, Blueshell very much DOES "INSIST ON HAVING" the gun on his person. He does so by carrying and admitting to carry on private property in express contradiction of the property owner's wishes. The fact that he hides this from the property owner does not make it any less so that he is "INSISTING ON HAVING". Part of the definition of insist: to be emphatic, firm, or resolute about something intended, demanded, or required <"they insist on going"--or (my own example) "he insists on carrying his gun, even though the property owner does not want guns on their property">

I can "insist on rock climbing" in a no-climbing zone without anyone else knowing about it. My child can "insist on sneaking out of the house" despite my rules, even if I never actually find out about it.
Insisting on taking an action has no requirement that anyone be notified or have any knowledge of the insistence.
If I wasn't sure of it, i would not have used it as an example of Blueshell's hypocritical actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back