The only real reason anyone carries concealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueshell

Banned
Sorry, no, it's not "tactical advantage". That is an offensive purpose, not defensive purpose, and is thus illegal. Carrying conceald for the "tactical advantage" is illegal. End of of debate.

The only *real* reason to carry concealed is to bypass unconstitutional (ie; illegal) laws.

I was recently visiting family out of state, and during the trip one of our expeditions lead us to the glamorous location of the local laundromat. An hour later I noticed the "no gun" sign which has force-of-law in this state. Well, here I am carrying a concealed firearm against the law when I notice this sign. **** me, right? Wrong. **** the law. Even after seeing the sign I carried anyway. No one died. Nothing of note occurred at all. It was a perfectly boring day.

Had I carried openly, as I would proffer to do instead of being forced to act like a criminal with something to hide, someone could have reported me to the police. I may have been arrested and charged.

Thankfully I was carrying concealed and all drama was avoided. This is the only valid reason to carry concealed: to dodge liberal gun control laws.

Or we don't suffer from small winkie dinkie syndrome, and have nothing to compensate for by carrying a lager phallic substitute.

Nor am I sure how you equate CC as a way to bypass unconstitutional laws since "constitutional carry" in states that have it, inculdes CC.

Nor am I sure how you equate CC as a way to bypass unconstitutional laws since "constitutional carry" in states that have it, inculdes CC.

I think he's saying that laws prohibiting (permitless) concealed carry are unconstitutional. I agree

My reasons for not open carrying have nothing to do with "element of surprise" or "scaring the sheeple" if you want to open carry by all means go right ahead. I support your right to make your own decision.

I've read comments on various forums in which the poster took great pleasure in addressing an open carrier in public to either tell him what kind of an idiot he was or how grateful he was that the carrier was supporting the Second Amendment.

I find both approaches to be incredibly annoying and if I can avoid that by not open carrying I will.

That's my primary reason everything else is pretty secondary. I like to wear my shirts untucked and I'm not going to change how I dress to accomadate open carry.

And here we go again....

dT6eyXrbc.jpeg

Or we don't suffer from small winkie dinkie syndrome, and have nothing to compensate for by carrying a lager phallic substitute.
Yeah, I must be compensating, I couldn't possibly have any negative experiences that lead to me begin carrying a gun in the first place /eyeroll

Please keep your liberal anti-gun mantra to a minum.

I agree that open carry can be a deterrent to some criminals. The problem is that the criminals that it's NOT a deterrent to are the hardcore ones.

By the time a criminal gets to the point that they're doing violent armed robberies they've been in the game a while and chances are you are not the first person they dealt with it had a gun.

Criminal shoot at each other all the time odds are any criminal that you run into has more experience and is more willing to resort to violence than you ever will be.

If you have a mindset that just the sight of your Mighty boom stick is going to deter all criminals and you find out it doesn't your brain is going to have to switch gears before you can begin to respond that will put you behind the curve.

There are criminals out there for whom the fact that you are armed is not a deal-breaker just one more problem to overcome. It's always better to overestimate your enemy assume that he's smarter assume that he's better and better trained and find out you're wrong then do as soon as not and find out you're wrong.

So again if you choose to open carry I support your decision to do so but know the risks involved.

I agree that open carry can be a deterrent to some criminals. The problem is that the criminals that it's NOT a deterrent to are the hardcore ones.
One such hardcore gang member with conections is why I carry. I have no illusions that the sight of my gun would deter this person or his gang members. I profer open carry not for deterrence but for the larger gun with it's more accurate longer barrel and greater magazine capacity.

The goal in that situation is to take his life.

Then, be ready for his gang buddies.

By the time a criminal gets to the point that they're doing violent armed robberies they've been in the game a while and chances are you are not the first person they dealt with it had a gun.

Criminal shoot at each other all the time odds are any criminal that you run into has more experience and is more willing to resort to violence than you ever will be.

If you have a mindset that just the sight of your Mighty boom stick is going to deter all criminals and you find out it doesn't your brain is going to have to switch gears before you can begin to respond that will put you behind the curve.

There are criminals out there for whom the fact that you are armed is not a deal-breaker just one more problem to overcome. It's always better to overestimate your enemy assume that he's smarter assume that he's better and better trained and find out you're wrong then do as soon as not and find out you're wrong.

So again if you choose to open carry I support your decision to do so but know the risks involved.
While I agree that open carry will not deter the hard core determined criminal I do understand that nothing will stop the hard core criminal. But then not all criminals are hard core and any criminal that is deterred by open carry is one less criminal that has to be defended against. Not to mention that if that criminal is so hard core as to ignore his victim is armed then concealed carry isn't going to help either.

And if folks have the mindset that whipping out their concealed carry super secret Ninja power element of surprise will stop all criminals they will discover they really are behind the curve hoping they will even have a chance to dig that hidden gun out from under their clothing.

The real truth is that while both open and concealed carry have inherent advantages and inherent disadvantages there are many reasons that make each method of carry valid so it is up to each individual to choose which method of carry suits their needs.

The real truth is that while both open and concealed carry have inherent advantages and inherent disadvantages there are many reasons that make each method of carry valid so it is up to each individual to choose which method of carry suits their needs.

How is this substansitively different from what I said?

I don't like to carry open because it attracts attention and I lose my anonymity. I often carry a 9mm IWB @ 2:00 and a .32 in my pocket, concealed and no worried looks from retailers and the innocent bystanders. However, when fishing or out in the swamp, I'll strap-on a leather belt holster for one of my .22's.

I agree that both concealed and open have their own merits.

The thing is that there are basically two types that open carry.
One being those with well thought out legitimate reasons.
The other are the same type of persons that have big fake bull testicles hanging from the bumper of their pickups. :haha:

Howdy,

One such hardcore gang member with conections is why I carry. I have no illusions that the sight of my gun would deter this person or his gang members. I profer open carry not for deterrence but for the larger gun with it's more accurate longer barrel and greater magazine capacity.

The goal in that situation is to take his life.

Then, be ready for his gang buddies.

Holy Batcrap Batman!!!

Dude, what are you, like 14 years old or something?

Paul

Howdy,

Holy Batcrap Batman!!!

Dude, what are you, like 14 years old or something?

Paul

My God, can’t you EVER post anything that isn’t a derogatory statement to someone. Pathetic nothing but pathetic childish puke, time and time again.

While I agree that open carry will not deter the hard core determined criminal I do understand that nothing will stop the hard core criminal. But then not all criminals are hard core and any criminal that is deterred by open carry is one less criminal that has to be defended against. Not to mention that if that criminal is so hard core as to ignore his victim is armed then concealed carry isn't going to help either.

And if folks have the mindset that whipping out their concealed carry super secret Ninja power element of surprise will stop all criminals they will discover they really are behind the curve hoping they will even have a chance to dig that hidden gun out from under their clothing.

I'm late to the party, but very well said.

Because of the 2A.

Because I can, because I should, because I must.

And because the the U.S. Supreme Court said that I have to: Link Removed

But that's just ME.

The voice of reason. Thank you Bikenut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back