Thank All Vet's

MufDady

I want to thank all vet's for the Freedom they gave us, Hug a vet this weekend, and display a wreath for the fallen vet's >>>>> Thank You <<<<<

I want to thank all vet's for the Freedom they gave us, Hug a vet this weekend, and display a wreath for the fallen vet's >>>>> Thank You <<<<<

+1, MufDady. My 96 yr. old dad is a WWII vet. My husband is a VietNam vet. My oldest son is a Desert Storm vet. They will ALL get my "thanks" and I will say a prayer for the families of those heroes who gave their lives for our freedom and the freedom of others around the world.

Your welcome even though I am not as worthy as those who have faught in a war to recieve a thanks from anyone, but I did my part in the "cold war" with the greatest President the 20th century has ever had. Never be another like him.

+1, MufDady. My 96 yr. old dad is a WWII vet. My husband is a VietNam vet. My oldest son is a Desert Storm vet. They will ALL get my "thanks" and I will say a prayer for the families of those heroes who gave their lives for our freedom and the freedom of others around the world.

MufDaddy, you're welcome.

CWM and any others who are wives or mothers of Vets, Thank you.

I'll also extend a "Thank you" to all our vets.

Many thanks to all the vets that I've had the pleasure of meeting on this site. I'll be hugging my Dad-in-law this weekend (87, WWII vet, still sharp as a tack and politcally active), a great Dad-in-Law and grandpa to my kids.

Your Welcome... And CWM... WOW! Thanks!

My Dad Died back in '80. Never said much about WWII. We Knew he was "Over There" but what he did or Where he was, nobody knew until one night when I was home on leave from my first year in Da Nang..... Dad told me to sit down at the Dinner Table on night, then went to the cupboard for a couple glasses and a bottle of Ol' GrandDad... He Talked for a long time and I listened... Thank you Dad for your effort to preserve our country...

Your Welcome... And CWM... WOW! Thanks!

My Dad Died back in '80. Never said much about WWII. We Knew he was "Over There" but what he did or Where he was, nobody knew until one night when I was home on leave from my first year in Da Nang..... Dad told me to sit down at the Dinner Table on night, then went to the cupboard for a couple glasses and a bottle of Ol' GrandDad... He Talked for a long time and I listened... Thank you Dad for your effort to preserve our country...

My dad died in 2002 but did something similar to yours. The family knew he was in Thailand in' 67-'68, but he never talked about it. In 2000, he opened up with one his "meet-for-coffee" buddies and me. Turns out he was being flown into undisclosed locations to take pictures for After Action reports. That night's discussion gave me a completely different understanding of my Dad.

My dad died in 2002 but did something similar to yours. The family knew he was in Thailand in' 67-'68, but he never talked about it. In 2000, he opened up with one his "meet-for-coffee" buddies and me. Turns out he was being flown into undisclosed locations to take pictures for After Action reports. That night's discussion gave me a completely different understanding of my Dad.

Most Dads are our "heroes" simply because they are our dads. But, when we find out that they were a hero to others, it opens our eyes to who this man, that we call "Dad", really is!

I thank ALL veterans, from the Revolutionary War to the present, for fighting for the freedoms of every citizen of this United States of America. :pleasantry:

hope all veterans have a good memorial day

to all my brothers and sisters, i hope that each and every one has a good memorial day. Sgt. Darrel(Dally) Bellew Green Beret, Brother i still miss you and think of you each day. wish you were here to drink a cold one with and talk with again! R.I.P:cray:

Thank you to all those who have served and continue to serve and to those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. God bless you all!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back