Terrorists

One way or another they'll get the job done. They're not afraid to die, to them dying is a bonus. In fact, looking forward to death makes them even more dangerous.

Oh yeah? Strange, they NEVER show up HERE, where everybody carries. If I didn't know better, I'd say terrorists are cowardly little weasels, who crap their pants at the mere

thought of a real confrontation. NEVER seen one here, NEVER will.

They always go to the puss-wah states, like Jersey and Illinois, where they KNOW the police will protect them, and they will be safe.

Oh yeah? Strange, they NEVER show up HERE, where everybody carries. If I didn't know better, I'd say terrorists are cowardly little weasels, who crap their pants at the mere

They always go to the puss-wah states, like Jersey and Illinois, where they KNOW the police will protect them, and they will be safe.

Where is "HERE?"

If I didn't know better, I'd say terrorists are cowardly little weasels, who crap their pants at the mere

thought of a real confrontation.

College student? :rolleyes:

Where is "HERE?"

The Gunshine State...

...not that it makes a difference. They all know where they are safe.

They're all hiding in B.O.'s home state, and milk-sucking gun free zones.

We use their sweat to paint lines on the highway.

Well, that's interesting fantasy you're engaging in there. The most fantastical fantasy is that "everybody carries" in Florida. According to Link Removed (starting on Page 17), FL's percentage of permits issued compared against population is only 8.52%, but there's a problem with that stat because FL issues the exact same permission slip to non-residents as it does to residents and makes no distinction in record-keeping (or reporting) between them. So do non-res permits represent a fraction of a point variance, or multiple whole points? No one knows.

Alabama on the other hand, one of your bordering neighbor-states, only issues to residents and keeps no statistical records at the state level. County Sheriffs are the issuing authority and any reporting is voluntary from each individual Sheriff. Last we heard, a little more than a year ago, 63 out of our 67 County Sheriffs' offices voluntarily responded to an AL.com poll, so the total number of permits is estimated for the four counties that didn't respond, but that's nowhere near as variable as not even knowing how many resident vs. non-resident permits are issued in FL. In any case, Link Removed of the population being issued permits, and every single one of those percentage points represents an actual resident of the state.

But the variables in AL actually inure to more guns being carried here per capita than in FL because open carry is fully legal here and doesn't require any permit. Granted, most people who do OC also maintain a permission slip so they can carry in other reciprocal states, but no one knows the number of people who carry without a permit, and whether a big or small number, it definitely adds to the overall percentage, whereas, FL's unknown variable of non-res permits issued necessarily subtracts from in-state stats on carry.

Everybody doesn't carry anywhere in any state. Even in the highest percentage per capita state in the Union, my own state of Alabama, at best somewhere between 12% and 13% carry, which means it would be more accurate to say that almost nobody carries anywhere in the nation than to wildly exaggerate that "everybody" carries in FL.

If all the terrorists are "hiding" in IL and other nearly gun free jurisdictions, how do you collect their sweat to paint lines on the highway?

Hyperbole can be a useful tool to make a point. Over-use of it however, just makes the user look like a fool.

Blues

Well, that's interesting fantasy you're engaging in there.

Blues

I'm not going to argue with you.

You think you're blazing some new path to new-age -consciousness, trolling

people on the forums, by contradicting them? Sorry, pal, you're trucking down

an old, well worn road. Not that I care what you think, no offense, but you

know nothing about me, or where I live.

Maybe in downtown Miami, or Jacksonville, you are right about blah, blah, blah, 2% CCs,etc.

But here, out in the woods, we generally don't go unarmed. In the swamp, when

you step outside, you are entering the food chain. Even with a knife, you are somewhere

in the middle of that chain. Only with a decent firearm do you ascend to the top of the chain.

And I think those

terrorists you are so proud of better just stay home behind their mommie's

skirts, because, as the song says, "there's no return from 86"...

Hell, those AK waving nutballs probably couldn't even handle the bugs down here

for a couple of hours.

I'm not going to argue with you.

You think you're blazing some new path to new-age -consciousness, trolling

people on the forums, by contradicting them? Sorry, pal, you're trucking down

an old, well worn road. Not that I care what you think, no offense, but you

know nothing about me, or where I live.

Maybe in downtown Miami, or Jacksonville, you are right about blah, blah, blah, 2% CCs,etc.

But here, out in the woods, we generally don't go unarmed. In the swamp, when

you step outside, you are entering the food chain. Even with a knife, you are somewhere

in the middle of that chain. Only with a decent firearm do you ascend to the top of the chain.

And I think those

terrorists you are so proud of better just stay home behind their mommie's

skirts, because, as the song says, "there's no return from 86"...

Hell, those AK waving nutballs probably couldn't even handle the bugs down here

for a couple of hours.

Correcting absurd statements is not trolling.

Where on Earth do you get the notion that I'm "proud" of terrorists?

I didn't mention any "2%" statistic in my last reply. Still making absurd statements, huh?

I largely agree with you that most of us will likely never see a terrorist. If they (terrorists) increased their body count on American soil since 1972 by a factor of 100, they still wouldn't break 1% of the population of the US. ~300,000 lost souls would certainly change the national perception of threat to be sure, but I'm not the least bit concerned about the likelihood of ever being a victim of terrorism for now, and I really don't think Ringo is either. Even though I agree with the gist of your premise in reply to him though, you come off like a jerk while making truly idiotic statements. Why not just cool your jets, set a spell and have some fun?

Blues

Even in the highest percentage per capita state in the Union, my own state of Alabama, at best somewhere between 12% and 13% carry, which means it would be more accurate to say that almost nobody carries anywhere in the nation than to wildly exaggerate that "everybody" carries in FL.

When I started carrying, I tried to calculate about what % of people I see walking around town might be carrying. I figured 'per capita' includes babies and children and that about half of 'per capita' are kids. Which would mean if 12% per capita carry that about 1 in 4 adults carry. And since alot of adults are couples, half of the couples I see probably have a gun between the two of them. I boiled all that down and decided that there's a good chance that anyone I come across might have a permit and a gun on them. Except the kids. But then.... so many teenagers (kids) seem to carry illegally these days. So, who knows...

My math is probably a little off , but I concluded that just about anyone I come across might have a gun on them. Won't hurt if any criminal / terrorist hanging out here starts seeing it as I do too! :nhl_checking: :triniti: :dirol:

Correcting absurd statements is not trolling.

Oh, well, since you put it that way, you must be right about everything. Look

at that, you know more about where I live than I do.

Got any other 14 year-olds in your town, with an internet connection, and all

the answers, who would care to add an opinion?

Blues,

Correcting a wise man will be returned with kindness. Correcting a fool will only bring you insults.

Sent from my SM-N920T using USA Carry mobile app

Blues,

Correcting a wise man will be returned with kindness. Correcting a fool will only bring you insults.

I know. Actually, the double-spacing within the same sentence is more annoying than the sophomoric insults.

Great to see you back, Brother. Hope all is well with you and yours. Gonna be an interesting year coming up. Hang on tight...

Blues

I know. Actually, the double-spacing within the same sentence is more annoying than the sophomoric insults.

Great to see you back, Brother. Hope all is well with you and yours. Gonna be an interesting year coming up. Hang on tight...

Blues

I'm back and ready. All geared up now! Let's just hope my resolve matches my preparation.

OMFG! OH, HELP ME!

Oh mod, there's two pubescents here who don't have a clue, who

are inquiring to the world about canine relations.

SAAAAAVE ME!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back