Terrorists

DGeorge

Sadly, when we have another terrorist attack in this country ( and I believe we will ) it will be in those cities and states that restrict the citizens right to be armed. If, for example, they staged an attack in Richmond Virginia they would be among an armed population that would return fire. If they attack NYC they have fish in a barrel and it would play out as it did in Paris. When are our politicians going to wake up and realize that "Gun Free Zones, cities, states" restrict only honest, law abiding citizens and create a smorgasbord of innocents for the bad guys to kill.

It is so stupid that it makes you want to bang your head on a wall.

Most likely they'll pick those cities that are disarmed. However, the type of attack that was carried out on France, I don't think it woulda mattered much had people there been armed. It's hard to do anything against suicide bombers, guerilla warfare in the city environment, and hand grenades.

This is just another peek at things to come. I said back in 2014, that something significant was coming in 2015. Of course there were the usual scoffers, and you know who you are. But the point is, it happened like I said.

(Reference: comment #25 "Signs of the End of Times & The Last Generation" thread, started by Ringo)

"I don't think it woulda mattered much had people there been armed"

Maybe not, but unarmed they were nothing but targets. Again, I will say Richmond Virginia would be a harder to attack than Chicago. (That is if they attacked where the good guys live rather than where all the heavily armed bad guys live.)

Most likely they'll pick those cities that are disarmed. However, the type of attack that was carried out on France, I don't think it woulda mattered much had people there been armed. It's hard to do anything against suicide bombers, guerilla warfare in the city environment, and hand grenades.

I have seen this nonsensical comment all over the Internet. The fact is that gunmen attacked the bars/restaurants and stormed the theater. They were wearing explosive vests, but the vast majority of victims in this attack were killed by gunfire and not by explosions. Stopping the attackers early on could have saved many lives. They were eventually stopped by police officers with guns, so an armed citizen could have stopped them as well. Don't fall for the anti-gun rhetoric.

They were eventually stopped by police officers with guns, so an armed citizen could have stopped them as well. Don't fall for the anti-gun rhetoric.

Per reports, the French police killed only ONE of the attacking Islamic terrorists. The other terrorists killed themselves by detonating suicide belts/vests they were wearing.
Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/16/world/europe/paris-terror-attack.html?_r=0

However, your point is still valid: armed Parisian diners and concert-goers might have been able to have made a difference by shooting back.

Read Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on this (saying what many of us are probably thinking):

At a campaign rally in Beaumont, Texas, Trump railed that “nobody had guns except for the bad guys,” pointing to the French gun laws.

“When you look at Paris, you know, the toughest gun laws in the world, nobody had guns except for the bad guys, nobody,” Trump told the Texas crowd. “Nobody had guns, and they were just shooting them one by one.

“The toughest gun laws in the world, Paris,” Trump said. “And I’ll tell you what, you can say what you want, but if they had guns, if our people had guns, if they were allowed to carry, it would have been a much, much different situation.”

And THIS similar sentiment out of Nashville on breitbart: After Paris Attacks: .

Your "politicians" as you put it, don't need to wake up. They need to be eliminated. They are the enemy of freedom. So are the schools and universities. We need to wake up.

I wonder what the attack would have been like if it happened at a Country and Western concert in Texas?

They ain't stupid, and when they attack it will be in a GFZ or basically a gun free city such as NYC. With planning they can get weapons explosives into a stadium in advance, knowing they are safe because everyone else is unarmed because they have been searched as they enter.

NYC (again), Washington DC or Rome. I can't speak about Rome IT, but NYC and WDC are definitely GFZ ... except for the pols, feds and police.

Ordinary schmucks? You're on your own ... like in Paris. And THAT didn't turn out so well ...

Sadly, when we have another terrorist attack in this country ( and I believe we will ) it will be in those cities and states that restrict the citizens right to be armed. If, for example, they staged an attack in Richmond Virginia they would be among an armed population that would return fire. If they attack NYC they have fish in a barrel and it would play out as it did in Paris. When are our politicians going to wake up and realize that "Gun Free Zones, cities, states" restrict only honest, law abiding citizens and create a smorgasbord of innocents for the bad guys to kill.

It is so stupid that it makes you want to bang your head on a wall.

Not so. These bastards aren't stupid. What if they plan a well planed attack in Texas in a gun free zone?

Howdy,

I wonder what the attack would have been like if it happened at a Country and Western concert in Texas?

Heck, it would be like shootin' fish in a barrel.

For starters only 2.63% of Texans have a CCW permit and eventhough you can now carry without a permit most people, as in 99% so NOT carry on a regular basis.

So, if there were 25k at a C&W concert only about 650 would carry on a regular basis.

Then add in the GFZ and only 3 would be carrying.

Out of the 3, 2 would be too busy humping their sister to do anything so that just leaves ONE armed person to deal with suicidial bomber.

Paul

P.S. Hopefully he will NOT be to busy oogling the goats at the petting zoo.

As I recall, a Texas Ranger was asked why they sent only one ranger to quell a riot, and he replied "that there was only one riot".

It has happened, as predicted by so many people, and it has happened in a GFZ in a gun hostile state, again, as predicted. It seems to me GFZ's are the most dangerous places to be.

It's a commonly-accepted-as-fact myth that TX is exceedingly pro-gun. Texans as a rule certainly may be, but the laws they live under are not. I have no idea what Stench is referring to as far as, "....eventhough you can now carry without a permit," because not only is that not true while carrying concealed, when TX's new law goes into effect next month (January 1, 2016) making open carry legal, OC'ers will still be required to have a concealed carry permission slip to be in compliance with the revised carry law. As per usual, Stenchgun doesn't know what he's talking about.

TX permits are exceedingly expensive, making it next to impossible for the unemployed, under-employed, fixed income or other economically-challenged citizens to exercise their rights under both the TX and federal Constitutions.

If that Country and Western concert were taking place at Gilley's of Dallas for instance, anyone carrying would be in violation of the law by carrying in an establishment that derives 51% or more of its revenue from the sale of alcohol, regardless of whether or not they consume any alcohol while there.

TX is a must-notify state.

Private "No Guns" signs carry the force of law.

The waiting period for getting a permission slip varies by a factor of three between 60 and 180 days from receipt of the application.

Criminal record restrictions far exceed federal standards to include some levels of misdemeanors.

Eligible applicants have to live in TX for six months before eligible to obtain a permission slip.

The are several GFZs by virtue of the type of establishment one is allowed to enter while carrying. These include any place of worship, any governmental entity meeting or gathering, any collegiate or professional sporting event, any amusement parks, anyplace designated as a polling location on election days and any racetrack.

TX has done a fine public relations job of making itself appear rabidly pro-gun and/or pro-carry, but it's a phony facade, as are most states that have similar reputations. Are people allowed to carry after jumping through some pretty expensive and time-consuming hoops? Yes. Do more people in TX manage to jump through those hoops and carry on a regular basis than in other states with reputations for being highly restrictive towards guns and carry? Probably, but to me it's kind of like voting for the lesser of two evils - you're still knowingly voting for evil no matter which you perceive to be the "lesser." TX just barely falls into the "pro-gun" realm of reality comparatively-speaking as far as I'm concerned. My state (AL) is only slightly better, but the point is that the overwhelming majority of all 50 states have egregious violations of the 2nd Amendment written into their carry laws, and people should recognize that fact by only holding the best ones up as reliably on the pro side when making such references.

Blues

My point was not Texas. My point is that an area that has an armed population, as does my state (Virginia), you are less likely to have an attack, with the exception of GFZ's, and even there, there may be some that are still carrying. It took $50 and 28 waiting days to get my permit. Virginia is a good state for CCW.

Sometimes you have to reread a post to try to understand what the point is. It was not,for gods sake, Texas.

gun free zones dont exist when I am there...

I do all I can to NEVER going where I can not carry legally. I do hope and pray you never get caught carrying in "gun free zones" because you could be a poster child for the anti-gun crowd! But you do what you feel you must do!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back