Signs of the End of the Age & The Last Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signs of the End of the Age & The Last Generation

2 of the 3 stooges have clearly stated they will lie at the drop of a hat. There is a lack of integrity and honesty. They cannot be believed or trusted. Go back and view their post. Nuff said!

2 of the 3 stooges have clearly stated they will lie at the drop of a hat. There is a lack of integrity and honesty. They cannot be believed or trusted. Go back and view their post. Nuff said!

Perhaps if you have nothing to bring to the discussion you should merely remain silent instead of proving the fact you actually have nothing to support your views. Even Ringo brings some very salient points into the discussion on a routine basis. With farm boy, insults and school yard taunts is as deep as it gets.
(but he didn't call anyone a troll, which is unusual as OG not throwing out Pascal's Wager)

And the last time I mentioned dishonesty, it was that 'good christian' kids lied about going to church.

China President Xi Jinping Announces Major Overhaul Of World’s Largest Army
by Geoffrey Grider​

China President Xi Jinping announced a major overhaul of China’s military to make the world’s largest army more combat ready and better equipped to project force beyond the country’s borders.

"And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared." Revelation 16:12 (KJV)

Under the reorganization, all branches of the armed forces would come under a joint military command, Xi told a meeting of military officials in Beijing, the official Xinhua News Agency reported. Bloomberg in September reported details of the plan, which may also seek to consolidate the country’s seven military regions to as few as four.

The Chinese president said the reform aimed to "build an elite combat force" and called on the officials to make "breakthroughs" on establishing the joint command by 2020, Xinhua said. Xi announced the changes at the end of a three-day meeting attended by about 200 top military officials, Xinhua said.

Xi, who also became chairman of the Central Military Commission upon taking power in 2012, is directly managing the overhaul. He made a public display of his commitment to the reforms when he announced that the People’s Liberation Army would shed 300,000 troops at a September military parade in Beijing to mark the 70th anniversary of Japan’s defeat in World War II.

National Geographic Documentary: China, The New Super Power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-UvZ8WTlhY

"This is the biggest military overhaul since the 1950s," said Yue Gang, a retired colonel in the PLA’s General Staff Department. "The reform shakes the very foundations of China’s Soviet Union-style military system and transferring to a U.S. style joint command structure will transform China’s PLA into a specialized armed force that could pack more of a punch in the world."

Under Xi, China has been more assertive over territorial claims in the East China Sea and South China Sea, raising tensions with neighbors such as Japan and the Philippines, as well as the U.S. Xi’s policy marks a shift from China’s previous approach of keeping a low profile and not attracting attention on the world stage, a philosophy laid out by former paramount leader Deng Xiaoping.
Stronger Chairman

"The reform enhanced the power of the Central Military Commission and its chairman," Yue said. "This is also a lesson learned from last generation of military leaders, as the former CMC chairman had little real power over the armed forces."

Chinese Military Parade: The largest military force in the World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVhzu7iIgtY

The plan also seeks to strengthen the Communist Party’s grip on the military. The army was urged to strictly follow the Party’s orders, and the plan called for enhancing the military leadership of the Party, Xinhua said. Xi also said the PLA would build a new disciplinary structure and a new legal and political committee to make sure the army is under the rule of law.

Xi has also made the military one of the targets of his anti-corruption campaign as he consolidates his power over the PLA. Two former CMC vice-chairman were both expelled from the party since Xi took power in 2012, as were dozens of generals accused of everything from embezzling public funds to selling ranks.

The PLA’s last major overhaul -- carried out under Deng Xiaoping in 1985 -- reduced the number of military regions to seven from 11 and resulted in the dismissal of some 1 million soldiers. In its annual report to the U.S. Congress in May, the Pentagon said creating joint-command entities “would be the most significant changes to the PLA’s command organization since 1949.”

What does integrity have to do with being around to see another day? Integrity is when I walk into someones house and I don't touch the stack of money someone left on the counter. People trust me, when they give me their key, to go in their house to fill their oxygen and not steal anything. If you hold a gun to my head and tell my to worship Ala, I'm going to say anything you want. There's no rule written anywhere saying I need to affirm to anyone that I'm atheist. I don't tell most people in my life that I am because of the negative bias toward atheists. We're more hated than gay people. It's my business what I really believe. Not the people around me.

I still reject it, and I still have no desire to sin. Clearly indicates that the fear of a wrathful god has effected your behavior, and that sir is a false morality.

XD: As an unbeliever, you may consider yourself to have no desire to sin yet, we all sin each and every day, in thought, word, and/or deed. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Rom. 3:21. Have you ever sat in a store waiting for your wife and watching people go by? Have you ever seen a shapely and buxom woman walk by and never had sinful thoughts? Lust? Covetness. Been jealous of a neighbors boat, car, or motorcycle? I dare say that we have all had those thoughts and possibly dwelled on them a little more than we should. That is sin if we dwell on those thoughts and take pleasure from them. We have all had a myriad of bad thoughts that are sinful. The apostle Peter wrote to the Christians, "I urge you as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires which war against your soul." I Peter 2:11. If you say you have no desire to sin, I accept your word for it, yet believe we all sin, whether we believe it or not.

One of your favorite contentions is that Christians fear God. Yes, we all fear God and the Bible admonishes us to do so. "Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." We do not consider that to be false morality. False morality to me is when one goes against accepted societal morality in favor of their own thoughts of right and wrong. That is false and I know you will never agree with that premise because the Bible is the book that has established our morality. Anyway, just my thoughts.

Have you ever sat in a store waiting for your wife and watching people go by? Have you ever seen a shapely and buxom woman walk by and never had sinful thoughts? Lust? Covetness.
It's funny you should mention that. When I view this site on my phone. This is always at the bottom of every page. I see it as an extra bonus. A little extra "sinful thoughts" to brighten up the day. As long as I go home every night to the wife and act on them with her, I'm good. As an aside. I thought it was ok to be gay as long as you don't act upon it? As a straight guys you aren't even aloud to think it. That sux.

Link Removed

Yes, we all get these pictures. As I said, a fleeting thought isn't sinful. It is when you dwell on them and take pleasure in the lustful thoughts that they become sinful.

XD: As an unbeliever, you may consider yourself to have no desire to sin yet, we all sin each and every day, in thought, word, and/or deed. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Rom. 3:21. Have you ever sat in a store waiting for your wife and watching people go by? Have you ever seen a shapely and buxom woman walk by and never had sinful thoughts? Lust? Covetness. Been jealous of a neighbors boat, car, or motorcycle? I dare say that we have all had those thoughts and possibly dwelled on them a little more than we should. That is sin if we dwell on those thoughts and take pleasure from them. We have all had a myriad of bad thoughts that are sinful. The apostle Peter wrote to the Christians, "I urge you as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires which war against your soul." I Peter 2:11. If you say you have no desire to sin, I accept your word for it, yet believe we all sin, whether we believe it or not.
Wow you must be truly miserable. When a man sees an attractive woman, and desires arise, that is nature, that is biology at work, it is our natural drive to reproduce, and 100% normal. And even the smell of a not as attractive woman will bring on these feelings, it is our biology, for the species without that drive soon becomes extinct. To engage in the nonsense that it is a sin is frankly stupid, and self-destructive to the your own self worth. I guess you were also taught as a child that masturbation is a sin, when in fact is absolutely normal.
One of your favorite contentions is that Christians fear God. Yes, we all fear God and the Bible admonishes us to do so. "Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." We do not consider that to be false morality. False morality to me is when one goes against accepted societal morality in favor of their own thoughts of right and wrong. That is false and I know you will never agree with that premise because the Bible is the book that has established our morality. Anyway, just my thoughts.
False morality probably isn't the best term, and should be referred to as a forced morality, forced out of fear of an vindictive god, but either way, it is not a natural morality where regardless of outside forces, beliefs, or threats of punishment because it is how the individual chooses to treat others.

I know some believers say they would not be moral people without their beliefs, then it might be considered a positive for religion. The problem is, they were programmed by religion to think like that, and aside from a mental illness would in all likely-hood be decent moral people.

You said "Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." I know you have been taught that all your life (religion programs followers through repetition), but it is far from wisdom, it is surrender to ignorance and superstition.

You sincerely attempt to argue your points and provide what you see as rational reasons, but what I see is someone suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with the captors.

I use Firefox when I read Google news. I don't think it renders as fast as chrome. There's a lot of lag when I scroll on many sites. My phone isn't exactly junk either.

Just curious, are Christians allowed to go into the adult "book" store? If not, how do you buy your lady a nice glass toy for a little extra "fun time"? BTW glass is the best, in case you weren't aware.

I still reject it, and I still have no desire to sin. Clearly indicates that the fear of a wrathful god has effected your behavior, and that sir is a false morality.

No desire to sin? Define sin? You already have and so has everyone else.. You do it daily. Everyone does. Some run headlong into it and some out of habit. Take this test and see how you rank. The Good Person Test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW - I'm not here to argue. Some of you are scoffers and always will be. You will find out if you were right or wrong someday. If you are wrong, it'll will be too late and eternity is an awful long time to be in torment. I'm just hoping some will get something positive out of my posts and inherit eternal life. I have a real and tangible connection to a real and loving God. It's not just me adopting a belief system. No amount of scoffing will sway me.

Wow you must be truly miserable. When a man sees an attractive woman, and desires arise, that is nature, that is biology at work, it is our natural drive to reproduce, and 100% normal. And even the smell of a not as attractive woman will bring on these feelings, it is our biology, for the species without that drive soon becomes extinct. To engage in the nonsense that it is a sin is frankly stupid, and self-destructive to the your own self worth. I guess you were also taught as a child that masturbation is a sin, when in fact is absolutely normal.
False morality probably isn't the best term, and should be referred to as a forced morality, forced out of fear of an vindictive god, but either way, it is not a natural morality where regardless of outside forces, beliefs, or threats of punishment because it is how the individual chooses to treat others.

I know some believers say they would not be moral people without their beliefs, then it might be considered a positive for religion. The problem is, they were programmed by religion to think like that, and aside from a mental illness would in all likely-hood be decent moral people.

You said "Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." I know you have been taught that all your life (religion programs followers through repetition), but it is far from wisdom, it is surrender to ignorance and superstition.

You sincerely attempt to argue your points and provide what you see as rational reasons, but what I see is someone suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with the captors.

Nope, I am not the least bit miserable. I can appreciate an attractive woman as well as the next fellow but that doesn't mean I want to jump her bones. However, if one dwells on the appreciation of that woman, it could definitely lead to one sinning by adultery, both physical and mental. That is why I try to suppress any notions such as that. Nothing stupid about that and, rather than being destructive to my self-worth, it actually enhances my self-worth by being able to control myself. Yes, I was taught about Onanism as a child but what is so wrong about that? The act of masturbation requires sinful thoughts so, yes, it is considered a sin. If you don't think so, whack away but not everyone feels that necessity for gratification.

It is nice that you are aware of the Stockholm Syndrome. A little learning is always a help to people but there is no application of it in this case. I studied the Syndrome while in college. I don't know how you can consider a Christian as being a captive. We follow Christ willingly, without reservation. What you consider ignorance on our part is actually an endorsement to the validity of our belief. The Bible has foretold of your scoffing so, rather than take offense, we accept it as fulfillment.

XD, you can't understand our rationale because you have not accepted the Lord as your Savior. As long as you are at odds with Him, you will never understand but we do. You have chosen your direction and we have chosen ours. Oddly enough, you can't seem to stop talking about the Lord which indicates to me that you may not be as sincere in your arguments as you like to profess. You can run from Him as long as you like but He will still be there when you decide to look for Him.

I understand why some reject the Bible. I did until I was 25 and God changed me. “The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. “For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.”
**1 Corinthians‬ *2:14-16‬ *ESV‬.

I understand why some reject the Bible. I did until I was 25 and God changed me. “The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. “For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.”
**1 Corinthians‬ *2:14-16‬ *ESV‬.

The reality is you changed yourself. Self inflicted delusion is the most accurate description. While you 'thing' (believe) god changed you, that is not the case, be it peer pressure, delusion, or fantasy, you did that all on your own, and only you can free your mind form the delusion you now suffer from.

XD, you can't understand our rationale because you have not accepted the Lord as your Savior. As long as you are at odds with Him, you will never understand but we do. You have chosen your direction and we have chosen ours. Oddly enough, you can't seem to stop talking about the Lord which indicates to me that you may not be as sincere in your arguments as you like to profess. You can run from Him as long as you like but He will still be there when you decide to look for Him.

I guess you will never even come close to understanding the rational perspective of the atheists. I am not at odds with what you call the savior any more than you are at odds with the tooth fairy for the very same reason, we clearly understand they don't exist.

The reality is you changed yourself. Self inflicted delusion is the most accurate description. While you 'thing' (believe) god changed you, that is not the case, be it peer pressure, delusion, or fantasy, you did that all on your own, and only you can free your mind form the delusion you now suffer from.

Wow! You're pretty smart. Or at least you think you are. No. I wasn't going to church at the time. Didn't really know much about the Bible (then) and my peer pressure was to go the complete opposite direction. I am free. Changed in the blink of an eye. None of your puffed up pseudo intellectual foolishness has any power. Sadly, you don't recognize your own bondage. You aren't free at all. You don't understand that you are a slave to a vain and corrupt heart. I'm not putting down. Just telling the truth. I'll leave you alone. Let me know if you ever get interested in the truth. I pray that you won't wait too long.

Same verses I quoted earlier. It's the reason you are blind to the truth.

“The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. “For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.”
**1 Corinthians‬ *2:14-16‬ *ESV‬‬

Nope, you can't say "WE clearly understand they don't exist" unless you have a mouse in your pocket. My group of "WE" do understand that the Lord God DOES exist and find great comfort in that. You obviously do not believe in Him and we have all understood that from your first post on the subject. You can't accept the fact that we do believe, even in the face of all your assertions to the contrary. We will not change our beliefs to accept a life that is becoming more godless every day.

I'm going to take up tor txfilmmaker on his coming to God. The important thing is that he did come. He is in Christ and Christ is in him. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." 2 Cor. 5:17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back