Should I open carry this pistol?

Axeanda45

Banned
Just picked one of these up yesterday.... in .357/38 , think anyone would get excited if I tried open carrying it? Link Removed

Rossi Ranch Hand

Well, that looped lever handle will make it real easy for someone to grab and shoot you with it, but I suppose a good retention holster could solve that problem.
smiley-rofl_zps0eefbc1e.gif

I used to have a Winchester 32-30 ranch rifle with a lever like that. Be real careful if you try to cock it like The Rifleman did on the old TV show. There was nothing holding the cartridge from just falling out once the rifle went upside down on the Winchester, and even if the centrifugal force kept it more or less in the receiver area, it would still stove-pipe every time.

This isn't a picture of the one I had, but it's just like it. Really fun gun to shoot. It was destroyed in a fire.
1565sba.gif

94-1-900.jpg

There was a fellow here in Michigan who open carried a Rossi Ranch Hand every time I saw him. Looked kinda cool. I never asked but thought it might be just a tad on the heavy side to be comfy for all day carry.

Oh... hang on for all the folks who don't like long gun open carry because they will tell you long guns, even when shortened up to qualify as a pistol like the Ranch Hand, will scare people and set back the fight for rights at least 400 years.

I have one and I have a great holster in which to carry it. I really got the holster for carrying it in the truck though, or maybe to an OC picnic. I don't see much in the way of daily carry.

58c868dd-6fa6-4696-9ac3-40b6c736f11a.jpg

I have one and I have a great holster in which to carry it. I really got the holster for carrying it in the truck though, or maybe to an OC picnic. I don't see much in the way of daily carry.

58c868dd-6fa6-4696-9ac3-40b6c736f11a.jpg

That is like awesomely awesome! I freakin' love great custom leather, especially period styles like that. I like the utility of modern materials like Kydex etc., but aesthetically, nothing does it for me like stamped, tooled and appliqued leather. Thanks for sharing.

Blues

There was a fellow here in Michigan who open carried a Rossi Ranch Hand every time I saw him. Looked kinda cool. I never asked but thought it might be just a tad on the heavy side to be comfy for all day carry.

Oh... hang on for all the folks who don't like long gun open carry because they will tell you long guns, even when shortened up to qualify as a pistol like the Ranch Hand, will scare people and set back the fight for rights at least 400 years.

400 years, huh? Think gun laws in the U.S. were pretty good back then. Maybe we should set them back that far... :wink:

Mainsail, That is one sweet holster! I got the Ranch Hand for a truck gun and will probably show the pic of your holster to my local leather guru (has made some great holsters and sheaths for me in the past) as an example of what I would like....

Whoa, why the hostility? I think he was playing, I like a little forum levity.

Trying to convert an innocuous comment about liking certain kinds of craftsmanship into some deviant sexual innuendo is just a "little forum levity" in your world?

You really shouldn't involve yourself in things of which you know less than nothing.

Blues

Just crap. I followed these post to see more photos, why the smart butt crap? I was glad to see this photo, I have been trying to get my wife to buy one for herself, she has two Smiths, a .38 and a Lady Smith on K frame .357 and this group ends up as if we are in high school. Well, I touched you last, nananananan, na booboo. Really?

I got the 44 magnum Ranch Hand for my wife for a Mother's Day present. Put a single point sling on it and carry where ever you want. I think people will be too interested in it to be shocked by it. The holsters are nice but a bit pricey for me right now.

The hostility, continues.

"Eidolon likes this."

If there was any hostility in what I said in reply to you, it certainly wasn't directed at you, but at the premise of making sexual innuendo out of an innocuous utterance that was completely on-topic to the thread.

I see you have picked up a fan. Careful you don't mention that you like well-made leather holsters lest your new fan try to make it out that the utterance is meaningful as regards your sexuality.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back