SC restaurants that have posted no CWP allowed.

i think that there is some regulation in south carolina firearms law calling for size and location of a prohibitive sign. i will check it out.:nhl_checking:

Nope those signs are completely legal. Here's the info about signage requirements-

SECTION 23-31-235. Sign requirements.

(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, any requirement of or allowance for the posting of signs prohibiting the carrying of a concealable weapon upon any premises shall only be satisfied by a sign expressing the prohibition in both written language interdict and universal sign language.

(B) All signs must be posted at each entrance into a building where a concealable weapon permit holder is prohibited from carrying a concealable weapon and must be:

(1) clearly visible from outside the building;

(2) eight inches wide by twelve inches tall in size;

(3) contain the words "NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED" in black one-inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;

(4) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle seven inches in diameter with a diagonal line that runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty-five degree angle from the horizontal;

(5) a diameter of a circle; and

(6) placed not less than forty inches and not more than sixty inches from the bottom of the building's entrance door.

(C) If the premises where concealable weapons are prohibited does not have doors, then the signs contained in subsection (A) must be:

(1) thirty-six inches wide by forty-eight inches tall in size;

(2) contain the words "NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED" in black three- inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;

(3) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle thirty-four inches in diameter with a diagonal line that is two inches wide and runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty-five degree angle from the horizontal and must be a diameter of a circle whose circumference is two inches wide;

(4) placed not less than forty inches and not more than ninety-six inches above the ground;

(5) posted in sufficient quantities to be clearly visible from any point of entry onto the premises.

-

They couldn't care less about being boycotted. The lib agenda is too important.

Follow the money--always follow the money. Guarantee you that if no one shows up, the signs would come down. It is always about the money. It is easy to be a liberal business owner--it is not pleasant being a bankrupt liberal business owner.

If I want to eat somewhere that has a no guns sign, I pull my shirt over my gun go in, eat, pay the ck, tip the waiter and leave, and above all keep quiet about the gun, in most cases your not really breaking any law, just the owners wishes, only one time I ever took any issue with this, as 99% of the time we only go places that know us and know we carry and mostly carry open, anyways at a restaurant in Atlanta nice place, good food, nice people to deal with, after eating, paying and tipping the girl fairly well I might add, on the way out the door the owner asked if we had a good time and was the food OK, we said yes but we would be more likely to come back more, if not for the sign on the door, he said he was just trying to keep his patrons safe, I said OK I can see that, and respected he choice's, but I did ask if some BG came in stuck a gun in his ear and wanted money what would he rather have a store full of people hiding under the tables or someone who could take the SOB out, as the BG is not going to give two s*** about his place being gun free, he though about it and said he understood my point .....................we were back in the area about a month later, went there and there was no sign on the door as we were eating he came and asked if everthing was good, was said yes, and I said I see the sign is gone he kind of smiled, at the same time I pull my shirt up a little and my Colt peaked out,.................... he gave thumbs up,

i think that there is some regulation in south carolina firearms law calling for size and location of a prohibitive sign. i will check it out.:nhl_checking:

There are. That sign appears to meet all the size and location requirements. It wouldn't be illegal if it wasn't though.

If I want to eat somewhere that has a no guns sign, I pull my shirt over my gun go in, eat, pay the ck, tip the waiter and leave, and above all keep quiet about the gun, in most cases your not really breaking any law, just the owners wishes,

I do hope you realize that if it is against the law for you to CC in the restaurant that serves alcohol (which has now changed in SC) or has the legal signage prescribed by law (which has now been further reinforced in the new law) and you leave the restaurant and have a "what if" that results in injury or death at your hands, the investigation will reveal that you were in possession of your firearm illegally as you broke the law by having it CC in a location that prohibits the firearm by law. You now face, if not manslaughter (probably not) but certainly a civil suit that will allow the family of the injured or dead BG to own everything you once owned. Ya broke the law in first place. I understand your reply and as far as I am concerned, it is this alcohol aspect of the old law that now is fixed--if you insist on carrying when a sign is in place after the passage of the new law and "get caught", particularly in the above "what if" scenario--you will face a fine, you will lose your firearm, you will lose your CCWP, you may go to jail (if someone dies or injured by you) and civilly you will lose everything. Hey ya gonna do what you gotta do. Personally, no restaurant that has a sign is worth my limits on defense, particularly at night in downtown Charleston on a dark street or a dark parking garage.

The only sign I ever saw in MB was at an IHOP and that had nothing to do with alcohol. The Inlet Mall has some signs But not at all door so who cares?

ALL Regal theaters are posted - it's corporate policy. However, most of them are not posted per 23-31-235.
I go there every once in a while. I may need to change theaters. But, in all fairness maybe they need to be informed they are posted incorrectly.

I go there every once in a while. I may need to change theaters. But, in all fairness maybe they need to be informed they are posted incorrectly.
Yeah, that's a great plan. Help the anti-gun corporations by telling them how to become more lawfully anti-gun. Genius...

You again... Just makes my day that much better. You definitely look at things through different color glasses..
Yeah, kookie ain't it? My glasses say that we need to make it as difficult as possible for the anti-gunners to prevent us from carrying when and where we want. Your glasses say that you should do everything you can to aid and abet them in their quest to disarm us. You know, like helping the other side by letting them know their anti-gun sign doesn't comply with 23-31-235. Remind me again why you're a member on a pro-gun forum?

Yeah, kookie ain't it? My glasses say that we need to make it as difficult as possible for the anti-gunners to prevent us from carrying when and where we want. Your glasses say that you should do everything you can to aid and abet them in their quest to disarm us. You know, like helping the other side by letting them know their anti-gun sign doesn't comply with 23-31-235. Remind me again why you're a member on a pro-gun forum?

Okay Hippo. The law goes both ways. You seem to be the guy that has to debate just to debate.
So, you know that the company doesnt want you in there business with a pistol. So you are the guy that goes in with it snickering cause you got away with it, because of a small technicality. You are so happy you stuck it to the man.
Now, if something were to happen, you get caught, or worse somone throws popcorn and a cell phone at you and you shoot them. You try the technicality thing and say I didnt know becuase there sign was wrong. Go for it. Good luck Hippo.
I respect a companies wishes as it is legal for them to say no to CWP in their establishment.
So, I will go elsewhere. So hard to understand.
I love guns, respect the law, unlike some..

Link Removed

What I do. Only had this issue once in Arizona, they do not know what to do once you send this.
When are you guys gonna realize this doesn't matter to them. They're not stupid. They know they'll lose some business and don't care.

Regal theaters, like Toys R us and other businesses' have start up kits that contain generis no guns, no smoking, shirts, shoes, etc. In SC as many have mentioned for the sign to have the force of law it must meet certain criteria. Generic signs do not. Just walk past them. However, if noticed and asked to leave you must without argument.

ALL Regal theaters are posted - it's corporate policy. However, most of them are not posted per 23-31-235.
Whilst not is SC anymore but do go to movies on occasion, 300 Rise of the Empire of recent. (Not for the faint of heart-GREAT at IMAX in 3D). We will never go to a Regal theater since last year when my wife was asked by the off duty officer could search her purse. NEVER again and expressed my disgust via email and phone calls to the local theater and corporate. At that time I had my CWP and my wife did not. He never asked me to pat down or search. The insanity continues............If corporation is NOT PRO American Citizen, I absolutely will not support them as a consumer. Their choice, my choice as well.

They have that right and there must be other resteraunts in Greenville we can all take our business to. Their loss.
Perfect answer for any place, any business and anywhere in SC. Just no big deal. It is not as if I CC all the time--it is just the idea that I find it ignorant and stupid of the store and its owner(s) to feel this is helpful in some way and it surely disregards my input or my safety---G-d forbid there is a problem.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back