S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Being as this thread may well wind down soon,I figured I'd get off topic. Those idiot so called 'weather men'. Got 3-4" (6-10?) and all freezing rain as of about 7. Waiting for the lights to go out.
'John doesn't now weather'.

Being as this thread may well wind down soon,I figured I'd get off topic. Those idiot so called 'weather men'. Got 3-4" (6-10?) and all freezing rain as of about 7. Waiting for the lights to go out.
'John doesn't now weather'.

Same here

We filled the motor-home up so when we lose the power we will move into it and fire up the generator.......

so has there been any statement to say this took effect on Tuesday? i looked on SLED and didnt see anything other than alcohol serving restaurants are no longer on the disallowed list.

What are the limits with the new firearm law when it comes to having your firearm in the car. Sounds like they have made it easier to have the firearm and not have it on your person or even requiring it to be in your console or glove compartment or trunk. I surely understand "under your seat" but it also says "open or closed storage compartment"---can this mean a ladies purse, an attache case, or even a cigar box or some other kind of container that, when closed (not locked) conceals the firearm? My reading is that is exactly what is meant. Thought I would just hear from others..

What are the limits with the new firearm law when it comes to having your firearm in the car. Sounds like they have made it easier to have the firearm and not have it on your person or even requiring it to be in your console or glove compartment or trunk. I surely understand "under your seat" but it also says "open or closed storage compartment"---can this mean a ladies purse, an attache case, or even a cigar box or some other kind of container that, when closed (not locked) conceals the firearm? My reading is that is exactly what is meant. Thought I would just hear from others..
The way it reads you could be right, however I think the intent is to mean a storage compartment that is part of the vehicle.

I doubt that-- It cost way to much for most instructors to build their own range!

But, I can see the removal of the time restriction requirement helping some instructors who do give one-on-one training. It really doesn't take more than a couple of hours to go through general CWP laws and give a few examples & hypotheticals. Nor, do all students need to spend much time on practice before the live fire qualification.

I can see some small classes (2-4 students), only taking about four hours. But, most of the established instructors I know really don't plan on changing anything about they way they present their classes.

-

One instructor I know rents a hotel room for the class and takes them to a friend's property for the shooting component. Or I suppose you could use any range. So no building a range necessary.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

i know what the act stated, but none of the press releases stated a start date. they all say she simply signed it. wondering if the police have been informed to avoid any wrongful imprisonment.

Unless they've kept up with it themselves, it's doubtful. I couldn't tell you how many of our campus police try and tell me I'm not supposed to have my gun in my car on school property. This is why it's a good idea to keep a print out of the laws in your vehicle or somewhere with you.

I was just discussing that with my Wife the other day. And it's exactly what I said we should do.
Yep, and all the parts of law that I figure they may not know that I take advantage of, I have highlighted for convenient location on their part.

i know what the act stated, but none of the press releases stated a start date. they all say she simply signed it. wondering if the police have been informed to avoid any wrongful imprisonment.

I misunderstood. Sorry. I have no idea.

As a general rule, I operate under the assumption that the police don't know the law. Sometimes they prove me wrong.

I won't be surprised at all to hear someone has been arrested and accused of a crime that no longer exists.

Our legislators have so convoluted the law that no one could be expected to know everything. LE should verify before ruining someone's life-long clean record.

I just left a lunch spot here in town that already has a sign up against concealable weapons.

Funny thing is, its not even close to meeting the requirements...its approx. 4" x 6" and is in black and white only.

So technically, I could carry my gun in there and not be breaking the law, correct?

Don't get me wrong...I don't intend on ever going back, and I told the guy so- and being my lunch was a business lunch, and we dropped about 400 bucks in there, I DO believe I made a point.

But for arguments sake- the owner has not posted according to he law, so his sign carries no weight, correct?

Lindsey Graham has no say in state law. He's a U.S. Senator. No?
No, but what he's saying is that one of the sponsors of S308 is now running for Lindsey Graham's seat in US Senate.
I just left a lunch spot here in town that already has a sign up against concealable weapons.

Funny thing is, its not even close to meeting the requirements...its approx. 4" x 6" and is in black and white only.

So technically, I could carry my gun in there and not be breaking the law, correct?

Don't get me wrong...I don't intend on ever going back, and I told the guy so- and being my lunch was a business lunch, and we dropped about 400 bucks in there, I DO believe I made a point.

But for arguments sake- the owner has not posted according to he law, so his sign carries no weight, correct?
No they haven't. Our mall has signs up that are way above the height requirement and they also don't contain any wording. I carry in there all the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back