S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

I just left a lunch spot here in town that already has a sign up against concealable weapons.

Funny thing is, its not even close to meeting the requirements...its approx. 4" x 6" and is in black and white only.

So technically, I could carry my gun in there and not be breaking the law, correct?

Don't get me wrong...I don't intend on ever going back, and I told the guy so- and being my lunch was a business lunch, and we dropped about 400 bucks in there, I DO believe I made a point.

But for arguments sake- the owner has not posted according to he law, so his sign carries no weight, correct?

It sounds like the best thing you could do. I've told more than one restaurant owner/manager that if they post a sign, I'll spend my money elsewhere. They seem to be under the impression that this is a boycott. It's exactly the opposite. They posted a sign telling me they don't want my money. I'm happy to comply.

The sign requirements don't specify a color other than black do they?

It sounds like the best thing you could do. I've told more than one restaurant owner/manager that if they post a sign, I'll spend my money elsewhere. They seem to be under the impression that this is a boycott. It's exactly the opposite. They posted a sign telling me they don't want my money. I'm happy to comply.

The sign requirements don't specify a color other than black do they?
I thought it did too but no it doesn't. The law doesn't specify a color for the circle with the diagonal line, but more often than not they are red, so it is easy to assume that the law says that when it actually doesn't. Even SLED's website has an example with a red circle.

Guess I gotta get out more. I haven't been to an eatery yet. Went to the bar yesterday though. But I drank! :smile:

Son of a gun wants to grant amnesty to illegals. He needs to go.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately no one can win an election without the minority vote. Obama woke them up. The only way to win is to provide some path to citizenship that doesn't require learning English and being deported. But what part of a 50,000 volt fence don't the dems understand?

Unfortunately no one can win an election without the minority vote. Obama woke them up. The only way to win is to provide some path to citizenship that doesn't require learning English and being deported. But what part of a 50,000 volt fence don't the dems understand?

These politicians sell the People and the Constitution which they swear to uphold down the river. Both parties. Minority vote...hum bug.

Enjoyed the benefits of S308 last Saturday when Brother in law and Cousin with wives dined at California Dreaming in N Myrtle Beach, sure did feel good to not have to disarm before dining. Also felt good to know that at our table of 6 their were 4 armed folks.

I know it is moot now, but it is a relief not to always second guess a BG in a restaurant situation the future aftermath consequences and potentially losing my rights.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back