S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

nca_mm

Which of you fine upstanding gentlemen wanna take a crack @ interpreting & explaining all of this to us plain-talking country folk?

Click Me!

Apparently Senator Reese has nothing between the ears. His amendments make no sense. Singling out 9mm semi, stainless steel, lightweight alloy, more than six rounds, barrels longer than 6", etc etc.

So basically it's a matter of who gives a sh!t if it passes or not now?

I'm confused about something though...do all of those amendments apply or just one? Cause when you click each link it only shows the bill with one exception, not all.

i'd think they would all apply since each one was voted on and passed. i could see it being rewritten and changed if each one before it failed.

I'm confused about something though...do all of those amendments apply or just one? Cause when you click each link it only shows the bill with one exception, not all.

I believe I have replied before but passage of CC in restaurants that serve alcohol is important if you like to go out to eat at night, particularly downtown in my city of Charleston. If the restaurant serves alcohol, regardless of whether I drink or not, to be within the law I must be unarmed from my parked car to the restaurant and from the restaurant to the car, which, at night, is 180 degrees from my firm belief in situational awareness. Dark streets. empty streets, dark parking garages with places to hide etal leave me vulnerable especially without a CC firearm. People will say "its concealed--do it and do not worry about it--no one will know". Unfortunately, if the "need actually arises" for the use of your firearm, further investigation will find that you were carrying illegal in the first place. You may not face criminal charges for an arguable good shoot but in civil court you can probably say bye bye to your assets.

I believe I have replied before but passage of CC in restaurants that serve alcohol is important if you like to go out to eat at night, particularly downtown in my city of Charleston. If the restaurant serves alcohol, regardless of whether I drink or not, to be within the law I must be unarmed from my parked car to the restaurant and from the restaurant to the car, which, at night, is 180 degrees from my firm belief in situational awareness. Dark streets. empty streets, dark parking garages with places to hide etal leave me vulnerable especially without a CC firearm. People will say "its concealed--do it and do not worry about it--no one will know". Unfortunately, if the "need actually arises" for the use of your firearm, further investigation will find that you were carrying illegal in the first place. You may not face criminal charges for an arguable good shoot but in civil court you can probably say bye bye to your assets.
For places like Charleston and Greenville my logic was more along the lines of walking from home to restaurants. I don't find it to be as big of a deal (only in terms of length you have to walk) here in Anderson because you park in the parking lot. But if you live somewhere where you can walk to the restaurant from your house, these senators are thinking of that. They're narrow mindledly thinking only about inside the restaurant.

It is my firm believe that S.308 is THE most important gun legislation on the docket this year, & like kelcarry mentioned, it is b/c of the range of dangerous possibilities that exist when going from one's car into a restaurant, & then leaving said restaurant & making one's way to his/her car. I want this one passed badly!!!!

For places like Charleston and Greenville my logic was more along the lines of walking from home to restaurants. I don't find it to be as big of a deal (only in terms of length you have to walk) here in Anderson because you park in the parking lot. But if you live somewhere where you can walk to the restaurant from your house, these senators are thinking of that. They're narrow mindledly thinking only about inside the restaurant.

Idiots all. They really believe that if they pass it there will shootouts in the OK Saloon? How stupid are they? Answer: Very very stupid if that is what they think the majority of their CC constituents are all about and I take severe exception to that.

It is my firm believe that S.308 is THE most important gun legislation on the docket this year, & like kelcarry mentioned, it is b/c of the range of dangerous possibilities that exist when going from one's car into a restaurant, & then leaving said restaurant & making one's way to his/her car. I want this one passed badly!!!!
Well I want 115 passed just about as bad because there are certain occasions that my attire isn't very carry friendly so I'd like to be able to throw my gun in my fiance's purse and be good to go.

But what would his email be? I forgot house their sc senate emails work.

So can people address the house on this issue? I really want this to pass.

By address the House, are you referring to actually speak to them on the floor? Not really. It's in the House Judiciary Commitee, and I don't think they generally take public comments. I think it's unlikely to go to a sub-committee for public comment.

So can people address the house on this issue? I really want this to pass.

By address the House, are you referring to actually speak to them on the floor? Not really. It's in the House Judiciary Commitee, and I don't think they generally take public comments. I think it's unlikely to go to a sub-committee for public comment.
But that shouldn't stop anyone from bugging the sh!t out of them with phone calls.

In order to win the House vote, does it just have to have greater than half or does it have to have 2/3 majority?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back