road rage today

Hootmon, In many states, a properly licensed carrier, may take the weapon on school property as long as it is properly secured in the car. Since the guy got out of the car he would have been in trouble with a weapon on school property. It stinks either way.

We had one Link Removed.

"He told me he was going to kill me and kill my son and he spit on my driver's window."

This brings up an interesting situation..

SO, Legally speaking, He was taking his son to school.. IF he drives onto school property, He is NOT supposed to NOT be armed correct?? SO, do you violate the law, or get the **** beat out of you??
I guess drop your kid off just off school property is the "Legal" thing to do..
I bet he wished he was armed, today!

You are saying that he is supposed to be armed...on school property. Surely you don't mean that.

tuts40:223438 said:
Being that I drive a truck professionally nowadays (flatbed/van), along with a motorcycle for fun, I can tell you a hundred different ways during any given week how automobile driving qualification requirements along with any ongoing behind the wheel competency determinations are null and void if you measure such by what you see people doing...

OK, one example. Merging. OMFG. You would think that a tractor/trailer with a 53' trailer carrying 46,000 lbs of whatever is a nimble lil' toyota complete with both the manueverability and visibility of one by the way many peeps think I should change lanes just 'cause they don't want to make an effort to match speed with traffic and merge in. ...Read your GD driving manuals, yo. Changing lanes with the limited visibility in a truck is never a good idea and done only when needed as I would not even feel the truck pushing a car off into the ditch. Making merging-retard's latte sipping driving life just a little bit less stressful by driving for them is NOT something that should be needed.

*Rant off*

P.S. I speak only for those of us driving something bigger than a bus in a courteous and professional manner.

Totally agree, watching people merge into freeway traffic going 35 mph makes me wanna cry...

i can carry at work, but since i'm in construction i leave it in the car. i don't have to worry about it falling out then.

i'm the same guy who started the thread by the way.

i was wondering if the dumbass was going to be waiting for me after work when i left. no one in sight. its funny how stupid people are. he even had his two kids in the truck with him and he was acting like he was still in high school. amazing how stupid people are.

i've been thinking about adding some pro-gun stickers to my vehicles. but that would take away the surprise and the shatting their pants when i pull my piece to protect myself. ha ha.

Todays Society answers everything with violence. Its really a ashame these days.the days of waving, and apoljizing are long gone.You handled the situation well,and did what any responcible Armed Citizen

Would have done.I wonder what he would of thought,or been going through his mind if he only knew, what would have been in store for him,If would of pushed the situation to the next level.

Being that I drive a truck professionally nowadays (flatbed/van), along with a motorcycle for fun, I can tell you a hundred different ways during any given week how automobile driving qualification requirements along with any ongoing behind the wheel competency determinations are null and void if you measure such by what you see people doing...

OK, one example. Merging. OMFG. You would think that a tractor/trailer with a 53' trailer carrying 46,000 lbs of whatever is a nimble lil' toyota complete with both the manueverability and visibility of one by the way many peeps think I should change lanes just 'cause they don't want to make an effort to match speed with traffic and merge in. ...Read your GD driving manuals, yo. Changing lanes with the limited visibility in a truck is never a good idea and done only when needed as I would not even feel the truck pushing a car off into the ditch. Making merging-retard's latte sipping driving life just a little bit less stressful by driving for them is NOT something that should be needed.

*Rant off*

P.S. I speak only for those of us driving something bigger than a bus in a courteous and professional manner.

I hear ya brother. I also drive a vehicle capable of crushing most others like a cockroach. You have to drive yours and theirs almost. Drive safe.

Get a "TRUNK MONKEY!!!!" It's a crackup.

Link Removed

That is indeed the true answer to this situation! :biggrin:
This is also another reason to get a car that comes with one: Link Removed

Sorry for getting off subject a little.

By the way, the Castle Docrine is good while in your car in Tennessee also. If anyone (that does not have a right to do so) forces their way into your car while you or someone else (who has a right to be there) is in it, the law considers that as intent to do harm to you or others in the car. I imagine that if the situation becomes unavoidable, the best thing would be to stay in the car, call the police, and if the jerk busts your window out and makes an attempt to get to you in the car, then you show him the way to God.

The guy that did this is going to wish he never had, because of the jail time thats coming his way, and im sure a big lawsuit as well. He not only screwed him self, but probably his family as well.

I know what you mean, I drove dry van for ten years hauling mail from Flagstaff AZ to Amarillo TX and then to Wasco Ca. It got pretty crazy out there especially the idiots trailing along side my rear tandems, didn't they ever wonder what would happen if I blew a tire while they were there?

I know what you mean, I drove dry van for ten years hauling mail from Flagstaff AZ to Amarillo TX and then to Wasco Ca. It got pretty crazy out there especially the idiots trailing along side my rear tandems, didn't they ever wonder what would happen if I blew a tire while they were there?

+1 ...But what's a little shrapnel through the face gunna do? :fie:

Stop road-rage against construction crews

Interesting update... Just as the hurricane subsided in lower NYS I left to check our other house. Roads were flooded, trees & power lines were down. Some bridge outages and swollen streams. As I got near a small bridge on a very quiet country road I found a town dump truck blocking the road ahead and some workers turning people back. One guy whipped his car around, blew the horn and charged over the bridge nearly hitting the workers. They all yelled out as he flipped them the bird and yelled profanities.

So I leaned out the window and got the tag number. As I came up to the turnaround spot I recognized the worker. He came running over, "did you see that?" I handed him the tag number, make and model. He went right to the radio for the police. Huh, huh, haaa!

I don't do road rage, but I do have 911 on speed dial... the cops love to respond to these, often they can nail someone on drugs or is drunk.....

Ther are many idiots . I put 2 stickers on my truck : consider doing so ! But if you can let the idiots just fly by . You have to much to loose .: they obviously don't .

As of last week, Pennsylvania can be added to the "Castle Car Doctrine" list.
I had a similar situation where a car in front of me was going significantly slower than the speed limit (30 at one point in a 55mph zone with one lane each way). I wasn't happy about going so slow, but the person behind me had their horn on almost completely for 1 to 2 miles. My wife was worried that they might have thought it was us driving slow. The wierd part was that they immediately pulled out (and almost clipped the bumper of the car in front of me) when the yellow line was no longer solid. You would think that they would just have waited to get to the passing zone, but alas, I assume...

It may feel good for a few minutes, but it just doesn't pay to be that angry.

We had one Link Removed.

"He told me he was going to kill me and kill my son and he spit on my driver's window."

This brings up an interesting situation..

SO, Legally speaking, He was taking his son to school.. IF he drives onto school property, He is NOT supposed to NOT be armed correct?? SO, do you violate the law, or get the **** beat out of you??
I guess drop your kid off just off school property is the "Legal" thing to do..
I bet he wished he was armed, today!

Actually.... tthat would depend on the State you are in also.... In OHIO, we can drop our kids off and pick them up while legally armed, as long as that is all we are doing, and we do not get out of our vehicle while on school property....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back