road rage today

getlost4x4

Not me really. Some guy swerved in front of me today so I laid on the horn because I almost rear ended him as he slammed on the brakes.

He continued doing it then turned down the same road i take to work. He stopped in front of me and asked to fight. Ha ha. Anyway I told him to stop driving like a dumbass and drove off.

He then decided to follow me to work. As I pulled up to the gate at work I pulled my gun and put on my seat in case he decided to follow me in.

What the hell is wrong with people.

Jerks are everywhere

As carriers, we need to be especially calm and resistant to a-holes like the one described in this thread.:mad: There is no shortage of jerks out there driving and challenging others.:angry: I've encountered quite a few myself. When it happens, I just ask myself "is it worth giving up all you know and cherish for this creep?" The answer, of course, is no. My life and my family are worth a lot more to me than wasting some MFer because of a traffic dispute.:triniti:

Just an example of the fact that while the "safety features" of vehicles have been added, and added, and added, to the tune of thousands of dollars to each and every vehicle over the years, the "qualification" (and mental acuity) requirements to get a driver's liscence seems to have dropped proportionately at the same time.

Isn't a week goes by without someone trying to do serious damage to my health and well being behind the wheel of a vehicle. Most of it...... just stupid stuff. Just paying attention would resolve a vast proportion of the "road hazards".

As for the whackos behind the wheels, with emotional control problems..... welcome to the world of "ME-ism". For the totally self centered individual, the rest of us are just bit players on the stage of their lives..... and don't really count.

One of the reasons why my wife and I "pack" when we ride our bicyles out on the County Roads. There ARE predetors out there, both two and four legged, we have discovered over time.

Sorry state of affairs to have to go armed 24/7 in a supposedly "civilized" society. So much for the "kinder and gentler" America we were once promised.

GG

I agree there are a lot of stupid people out there, but just because they act like idiots doesn't mean we should act like they do. I drove semi for ten yrs and put up with a lot of crazy drivers, one guy in Albuquerque N.M. pulled off onto the shoulder in the middle of rush hour traffic & wanted me to do the same so he could fight me. What he didn't know is if I had gotten out of the truck I would have had my tire thumper in my hand, the perfect tool for idiots, this would have made him see the error of his ways. Fortunately for both of us I just drove right past him. Road rage is a dangerous game and should be avoided whenever possible. That said I never drive thru Phoenix Az w/o my .45 it's way to crazy down there.

You did the right thing in backing off. That person is NOT worth it. There is an old saying 'Drive like hell and you will get there' and he is on the freeway. Someday he will get in a wreck or someone will lose it and shoot him. There is another proverb that says "what goes around comes around". And be assured it will come around someday and get him. Just my 25cents(2 cents inflation).

Being that I drive a truck professionally nowadays (flatbed/van), along with a motorcycle for fun, I can tell you a hundred different ways during any given week how automobile driving qualification requirements along with any ongoing behind the wheel competency determinations are null and void if you measure such by what you see people doing...

OK, one example. Merging. OMFG. You would think that a tractor/trailer with a 53' trailer carrying 46,000 lbs of whatever is a nimble lil' toyota complete with both the manueverability and visibility of one by the way many peeps think I should change lanes just 'cause they don't want to make an effort to match speed with traffic and merge in. ...Read your GD driving manuals, yo. Changing lanes with the limited visibility in a truck is never a good idea and done only when needed as I would not even feel the truck pushing a car off into the ditch. Making merging-retard's latte sipping driving life just a little bit less stressful by driving for them is NOT something that should be needed.

*Rant off*

P.S. I speak only for those of us driving something bigger than a bus in a courteous and professional manner.

As we get older we drive a little slower. hell I have kids in baby seats flipping me off!

The key is to ignore them. If you participate in the escalation of the altercation by responding verbally you may lose your justification of defense. Best thing in the OP situation would have been to call the police and have them waiting at your job. SNAGGED!!

Santa: While I don't mind if someone wants to play "NASCAR Driver" to the point of suicide behind the wheel (One less set of bad genes in the gene pool, IMHO), I just wish they would have the common curtesy NOT to try to take someone with them when they "check out". Just sayin'.

GG

This just happend to me on Sunday...I am friends with an elderly widow across the street from me, she just recently fell and broke her arm. I was giving her a ride to and from church. When I turned on my signal and stopped at our street, I happend to look in the mirror and I see this car skidding out of control behind me(it was raining). So I let upon the brake and rolled up about another 10 feet or so to help avoid a crash.Next thing I know this lady starts screaming at me and flipping me off. WTF? I just smiled and waved at her as she sped away, all the way flipping me off like it was my fault. I signaled plenty of time for her to stop. People are just to distracted behind the wheel nowadays. And way to quick to start a fight...She almost met Black Betty!!!

Someone being a jerk in traffic, of even if they are being a jerk of the highest order is not worth someone dying. In addition, even if you are justified in shooting them, your life is over as you know it. The jerk's family could sue, the prosecutor could be having a bad day or just want a high profile case to make a name for themselves, etc and so on.
As the old saying goes, "a V8 beats a .45 every time".

OTOH, if they are being a jerk and you HAVE to stop for a light or something where you can not legally drive away, things could change. If they get out of their car and attack you, then do whatever is necessary to protect yourself.

If you can avoid the jerks, do so. If you can't avoid them, make them wish they had avoided you.

We had one Link Removed.

"He told me he was going to kill me and kill my son and he spit on my driver's window."

This brings up an interesting situation..

SO, Legally speaking, He was taking his son to school.. IF he drives onto school property, He is NOT supposed to NOT be armed correct?? SO, do you violate the law, or get the **** beat out of you??
I guess drop your kid off just off school property is the "Legal" thing to do..
I bet he wished he was armed, today!

Life is simple don't give no Sheet to anyone. Don't take any Sheet from anyone when you aren't doing anything wrong.

Crime Knows no boundaries Stay alert, and be aware of the world around you

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back