Risks of Concealed Carry

Hey THays and y'all: Everyone made valid points. I took the CWWP class and passed with a 100 on the shooting and a 96 on the written so I just have to wait for the CWWP. I do not intend to CC since the scenarios that I can foresee for such a need are not allowed in SC, although someone can always argue "what if". ie: 1)Evening out with wife at nice restaurant and need to walk to car at night (in SC you cannot carry into restaurant that serves alcohol 2) Evening meeting at church and need to walk to car in a block away parking lot (in SC you cannot carry into a church w/o pastor approval, which is highly unlikely for a casual meeting of friends). I might consider carrying in and around the house but I mainly took the course just because I could and I learned a lot about gun handling, gun concealment, the CC laws in SC etc. Course was taught by a very experience deputy sheriff and was worth every penny. Bottom line--the more you know, the better off you will be--if it is not a terrible expense for you take the course--you will be that much more prepared as an owner of a gun.
Are those the only two places you go outside the home? What about grocery shopping (or any kind of shopping for that matter), the bank, and all the car rides in between?

Asking the pastor is worth the effort IMO. Surely you, and he, have heard recent stories of churches being shot up. Just because you are among friends and aquaintences does not guarrentee your safety.

As for the restaurants, I'd still have it with me for the car ride. I'm not crazy about leaving it in the car, but if I'm going somewhere where I may not take it in, I'd rather leave it in the car than at home.

But, to each his own I guess.

Get it.
Here in New York State, they have all your pistol information listed on the CCP, but at least you can feel safe with it in your pocket, where ever you go.

My Kal Tec P3AT is always in this old gal's front pocket.:wink:

I agree 100% with marionandjohn. Having an unloaded firearm under your backseat is a long way from being ready to defend yourself and/or your loved ones.

+1

Anytime you buy a gun from a dealer, it has to be called in for NCIS check. They may not know which or what kind, but they know you have one. If you think they aren't keeping track I have some land with a water front in Florida at a real reasonable price.:sarcastic:

One of the biggest advantages of having a SC permit is that I travel to NC a lot to visit my wife's family. Without a CWP the laws on vehicle carry in the two states are complete opposites. Now I don't have to worry about which state I am in. When I cross the state line I no longer have to take my gun out of the console and place it on the dash. :pleasantry:

You sell me your water front land in Fl. and I'll sell you my beach front property in Az.:biggrin:
Santa01:yu:

You sell me your water front land in Fl. and I'll sell you my beach front property in Az.:biggrin:
Santa01:yu:

"2. If Im am in a situation that requires deadly force, the issue at hand will not be whether or not I have a license. The issue will be WHY I used deadly force on an perp."

Nobody approached #2 and this is the most important point to ponder! Bottom line, just because they said you could carry a gun doesn't mean they have given you permission to use it! Spend a lot of time studying the laws and case law (trial cases) in your state involving self defense. It is a very, very rocky road. "You are about to enter another dimension, Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Your CCW classes don't even scratch the surface of handgun law. Google handgun law and read as much as you can. There are also many good books written on the subject, by lawmen and lawyers, and it wouldn't hurt to read a few.

This isn't to discourage you but to help you carry intelligently. Put a lawyer on retainer or subscribe to a pre-paid Legal Service. Be prepared for the aftermath of a SD shooting.

Quigley summed it up pretty well: " This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Wild Bill Hickock."

Are those the only two places you go outside the home? What about grocery shopping (or any kind of shopping for that matter), the bank, and all the car rides in between?

Asking the pastor is worth the effort IMO. Surely you, and he, have heard recent stories of churches being shot up. Just because you are among friends and aquaintences does not guarrentee your safety.

As for the restaurants, I'd still have it with me for the car ride. I'm not crazy about leaving it in the car, but if I'm going somewhere where I may not take it in, I'd rather leave it in the car than at home.

But, to each his own I guess.

+1. More and more pastors are waking up the the dangers and need to bee prepared. Here in Texas although churches are off limits they have to post the proper signs for it to be binding. Most of our church staff and I will say a large part of the members carry. It was about ten years ago that a gunman walked into the Wedgewood Bapt. Church here and gunned down several members. In restaurants only the ones that derive 51% of there income from the sale of alcohol are off limits and they must have a sign posted to that effect. I just avoid them and eat else where. Restaurants, shopping malls, health clubs, have all been places that wolves have slaughtered the sheeple. There are no safe places and when you start trying to second guess when and were it is safe not to carry you are gambling with your life and the lives of your loved ones.

This is simple. You fill out the form when you purchase the firearm (hopefully legally!) and the dealer contacts the government asking them if its okay if you have a firearm. As far as your supposed setup with being "out of reach."
That's a terrible tactical situation. You may need your gun in about 15 seconds. Its going to take you 16 to grab the gun and your magazine AND chamber a round. That's if you practice to the point you are really good at it. Get the permit.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back