Rise Of The Police State & No-Knock Raids - Either We Are Against Them Or Allowing Th

It's only somewhat tongue in cheek when I say that Mr. Patel is "lucky" that this happened to him in Madison. The sub-division that his son lives in didn't even exist and was annexed by Madison from Limestone County just two or three years ago. Limestone County never would've gotten as much national attention as the County Seat where Huntsville sits is getting, and the Limestone County Sheriff likely never would've arrested one of his own deputies if this had happened in his jurisdiction. We live maybe two miles from the sub-division where this happened right off of County Line Rd. just like the Patel sub-division is, except ours was not annexed by Madison. We have a Madison P.O. address, but cops, fire, trash, utilities etc. all come from Limestone County instead of the City or County of Madison.

I gotta say that I've seen the video several times, and though I think the cop went to throwin' Mr. Patel around for no good reason, I'm surprised that one take-down where no other strikes of any kind resulted in the cop's firing and arrest, not to mention the national, even international, coverage. I guess I get the international coverage a bit more than I get the national because Mr. Patel is an international visitor, but the point I'm making is that I could find 100 YouTube videos right now without breaking a sweat showing much more violent and egregious abuses by cops that never resulted in any disciplinary action whatsoever. Is it the non-English-speaking, poor Indian farmer back-story driving this, or was that take-down really that compelling? It's kind of a weird story to me.

Blues

Murderer, if one defends against the policeman. Now... murderer, if one defends against a policedog. This country has reached the point where absolutely any contact with police (and now dog) can easily... easily, escalate into felony charges, injury, or death. There is little to stop LEO from manufacturing (e.g. lying, provoking, instigating, etc.) a situation against anyone, anywhere, for any reason and be fully defended by their agencies and the legal system. Most American's do not have the resources required to pursue redress against virtually unlimited government budgets, stonewalling investigators, and prosecutors heavily biased toward police and their tactics.

Of course we see settlements (which typically take years to resolve) for some of these misdeeds but what about caring for an injured family member for the rest of their life and the hardships associated... how about your damaged or destroyed home in the aftermath where the police offer no help in it's repair... or, your reputation questioned and the LEO's are hero's?

And the cop who shot the kid instead of the dog (puppycide in the line of duty of course)... isn't it tacitly implied that all police are experts with firearms and we have little to fear from them if the bullets start flying - really?

And what do we end up with? A sainted police dog and the (in)appropriate law elevating animal to human status; a sketchy LEO pursuit of a suspect resulting in the wounding of a 10 year old (interestingly, if one drills down in the article links, Dep. Vickers shot the kid in the back of the leg. Details still unclear after deputy shoots 10-year-old in manhunt - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports), cop on vacation who will face no charges; proposed Georgia HB 56 which will legalize "no-knock SWAT raids", and even more power in the hands of police unions, further non discretion in LE to harm or imprison you, more corrupt Orwellian laws... what a deal, America.

Every state has become a police state...
How can some of the statements and procedures be considered anything but Gestapoesque actions?

- confiscation without charge or arrest
- divvying up proceeds between enforcement and the state
- burden of proof is upon the property owner and not the seizing authority
- improper detention, violation of rights, no evidence, no chargeable violations

Those charged with "serving and protecting" are not doing it for the people but for themselves.

Deputy Bates will do no prison time... reduced charge, community service, retired from duty, but will not be convicted of 2nd degree manslaughter. Unlike you and me, police get a pass on fatal mistakes.

Deputy Bates will do no prison time... reduced charge, community service, retired from duty, but will not be convicted of 2nd degree manslaughter. Unlike you and me, police get a pass on fatal mistakes.

Proof positive that the "Mehserle Defense" works.

This is an excerpt of a story about the Oscar Grant killing by Johannes Mehserle on 1/1/09, but it applies equally as well to Bates getting away with, at best, 2nd degree manslaughter:

Taser X26, police issue

Glock 36

Why is the Taser excuse absurd?

1. The manual states that the Taser X26 weighs 7 ounces. Depending on model and bullets loaded, a Glock pistol can weigh from 25-38 ounces. You don’t have to be a weapons expert to feel the difference between holding about two pounds and holding less than half a pound – try it.

2. Police pistols are all black, sometimes with a very dark brown grip. The X26 has bright yellow markings on it. It also has a 2-digit LED display.

3. The X26 has a safety on the grip that must be released. The Glock safety is on the trigger.

So let’s review the minimum steps of a Taser deployment:

1. You pull out the lightweight, brightly colored weapon. You load the cartridge onto the tip of the barrel. The cartridge is fat and rectangular, looking nothing like a pistol barrel.

2. You reach on the grip and flip the safety up. The LED display lights up like half of your digital alarm clock, then shows the percentage charge.

3. Police are taught NEVER to use Tasers in life-threatening situations (ensuring that the “Tasers save lives” mantra remains a fairy tale). So, since that eliminates the “split-second judgment” defense, every Taser policy I’ve seen requires a warning before firing, to give the victim the opportunity to comply. Police like to report that merely pointing the Taser and issuing the warning is often sufficient.

To accept that the killer went through these steps without realizing he actually had in his hands a heavy, dark pistol – with no LED display and no cartridge loaded or to be loaded – requires the kind of suspension of belief we’ve not been asked to make since “Plan 9 from Outer Space” hit the screens.

At least Mehserle was convicted of something, though he was only sentenced to the minimum (2 years), and only served less than one.

I think Bates got some sympathy-points from the local authorities for being a geezer, which is ridiculous, because it was the local authorities who allowed a geezer to pretend to be a cop in the first place.

Oh well. It was just another hood-rat resisting arrest who died at the hands of the state. What's all the hubbub about anyway? [/sarcasm]

Blues

A rather timely post by Mike Vanderboegh of Sipsey Street Irregulars this morning that fits nicely in this thread:

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

From white cop torturing black suspects: Chicago to pay reparations to police torture victims

Police officers under former Chicago police commander Jon Burge used electrical shock, burning and mock executions to elicit confessions from suspects, mostly African-American, from the early 1970s through the early 1990s.

To a black cop targeting white students: Link Removed

A disgraced ex-police officer testifying against his drug squad colleagues acknowledged Tuesday that he stole drug money, planted evidence and lied on police paperwork too many times to count. Jeffrey Walker told jurors that the Philadelphia Police Department drug squad targeted white "college-boy ... khaki-pants types" who were "easy to intimidate."

To a Police Chief who repeatedly raped A SEVEN YEAR OLD BOY.

So, tell me again how cops are the only ones who should be allowed firearms?

From the first story linked:

The statute of limitations ran out on his alleged crimes, but Burge was convicted in 2010 of perjury in civil proceedings for lying about torture he oversaw.

Burge was released from prison to a halfway house in October after serving less than four years in prison. He was released from the halfway house earlier this year.

Burge still receives a pension for his years on the force.

And the beat goes on.....

Blues

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back