Revolver or Semi-Automatic

Which do you prefer to carry on a daily basis?

• Revolver

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Semi-Automatic

Votes: 144 84.2%

• Total voters

bdlove

For your everyday carry, do you prefer a revolver or semi-automatic?

My daily carry is a semi-auto but I will admit there is just something sexy as hell about a revolver...:biggrin:

I am a recent convert.

I had been carrying a full size series 70 but some hip trouble forced me to downsize.
I bought a PPK/S & like it just fine but on a whim I drug out a S&W 649 that had been a safe queen for years. It was originally bought to go in a ankle holster but as it turned out ankle holsters bug me so I never used it. Anyway I shot it a little & REALLY liked the ergonomics of it, the realiability (my PPK has yet to jam but I garantee the 649 wont! :biggrin:) and the accuracy of it (it shoots like a 4" barrel, not a 1 1/2). Consequently the 649 has been going with me everywhere ever since. :biggrin:

51 years with the 1911's, the only change is from the old Govt.Mdl. .45 to a Commander LWT .38Super. Always there when wanted and always works.

Nowadays I prefer a pistol over a revolver mainly because of the difference in ammo capacity. 5 or 6 rounds in a revolver compared to 8 up to 17 rounds in a pistol is quite a change. But it really comes down to personal preference and many prefer wheel guns.

Happiness is a .44 special DAO loaded with Corbon's :victory: in your front pocket.

IMO, The best belly gun is a revolver. Their function is as close as one gets to a guarantee.

Cleaning is a snap. No parts to remove.

Auto's have their place. But for them up close situations, you can't beat a good wheel gun.

I own both. My Kel-Tec P3AT .380 semi-automatic pistol is my "out and about" carry of choice. It's small enough to conceal no matter what the season of the year. Around the house, I keep my S&W 442 38 Special +P revolver near by. Either way, it's comforting to know I'm armed and not at the mercy of the BGs.

I carry both. My carry weapons are a Kahr PM9, S&W M60 and a Ruger LCP. I like the simplicity and reliability of the revolver, plus if you have to jam it in the BG's gut and fire you don't have a failure to fire due to the slide being out of battery. One good thing on the hammer spur is you can draw and cock (if the situation warrants it), so grabbing the cylinder is a non-issue. The Kahr and LCP are easier to conceal (the LCP is my pocket gun when I can't carry anything else), plus the Kahr is scarily accurate.

Personally I think, with a good holster, a smaller revolver will conceal as well as an auto, at least OWB. The cylinder adds a natural curve that makes it blend in with the body.

Both

S&W airweight on the ankle and an HK USP 45 Compact on the right hip with a spare mag in left vest pocket...I pray I never have to use either but wil be willing to if hand is forced...

In the cool fall and winter months when layers are the norm, I carry the revolver often. It's a medium K frame Smith and Wesson 4" barrel so like Ricbac noted, It's hard to conceal when temps are high...

Small auto's are the summer carry. M&P40c or the Colt Officer's ACP..

Like JJFlash mentioned , revolvers are sexy.:biggrin:

So both would be the answer.

Peace...

I mainly carry my G19 but, on occasions I like carrying my Taurus 617. I am looking to get the Ruger LCR as a backup the Taurus is a tad to big for a backup.

I tote a CW45 or PM9 every day....and I'm considering beginning toting BOTH every day. the PM9 would make a good BUG.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back