Philly Daily News - Obama breeds fear, fear breeds gun sales, gun sales breed death

I'm wondering how many of us reading and posting to this thread have clicked on her link and emailed HER with our thoughts!

Just a few thoughts. First guns don't cause deaths,stupidity does. Second, stupidity is not a crime, but it should be. Third, stupid people shouldn't breed. And Finally, If prisoners are entitled to have TV, than why can't I, a law abiding citizen, get the government to pay my Directv bill as well?

I absolutely agree make the prisons a very scary place, like they were back in the beginning no tv's no weight rooms.

figured I'd send her a short email short but to the point:

"It's an unrelenting plague, and its agent of death is - guns"

These "agents of death" are responsible for the protection of your freedom!
You get to go to work every day and write your ignorant column because people have put themselves in harms way to protect your freedom with a GUN in their hand!!

People will always kill other people it's unfortunately human nature. Murders and assaults happened long before the gun was invented, and will continue if they take them away!! So why not have the right and tools to at least defend yourself and loved ones?

You don't understand it's not the gun that is the problem but the system that prosecutes the people that use them in a violent crimes!

Look it up, every country that has confiscated firearms from the law abiding public have had their crime rates increase two fold IMMEDIATELY....home invasion, rape, murder, robbery, just about any violent felony you can name.....THIS IS A FACT. do you really want to see
guns go away? if you do then you better be prepared for the aftermath..

P.S. think before you speak.

There are more BGs on the street because the bleeding-heart liberals won't send them to prison or death row for doing the crimes they commit.

Do the math: the pplulation of the U.S. (and the world, for that matter) has increased a WHOLE LOT! (Duh!) More people, more crime. And we pass more laws instead of enforcing the ones we already have on the books, so more criminals.

Then we arrest someone who committed a crime with a gun, and in most states, this is a mandatory prison term of at least 10-20 years. But in order to "speed things through the legal system," we let the defense lawyer plea it down to a non-gun offense, and the BG walks after a year or so, or even after "time served."

So more BGs on the street, who could care less that they are breaking the law by having an illegal gun, bought in some back alley.

And if stopping people from having guns would stop gun crime, then we'll soon hear that gun shops should be illegal, because BGs can rob gun shops. Well, then dis-arm the cops, because BGs steal guns from cops. And we can't let any of these miscreants have ANY access to guns.

Give it up, lady! Soon you'll be outlawing cars, airplanes, motorcycles, butcher knives, blenders, and table saws, because, by gawd, somebody could get hurt, or even killed, using those things. And our government is duty-bound to protect us against ourselves. I have a suggestion for her - go live in Asia, where the government takes care of every aspect of your life. That way, you don't need to be responsible for anything. :angry:

If not having access to guns should reduce crime, why has D.C. had such high crime rates for a long time?

I'm new here,
I really like it here already. A long time ago, on an AM talk radio station,late night, there was a host. Last name Williams I think. His veiw was that if you comited a crime against humanity, you would be sent to an Island to spend the rest of your life with other criminals. No way to get releast. you get one change of clothes and a bag of seeds and your on your own. You live/die in that place with no outside suport. no chance of escape. Imagine not spending one dime to keep the DG's away.

I'm new here,
I really like it here already. A long time ago, on an AM talk radio station,late night, there was a host. Last name Williams I think. His veiw was that if you comited a crime against humanity, you would be sent to an Island to spend the rest of your life with other criminals. No way to get releast. you get one change of clothes and a bag of seeds and your on your own. You live/die in that place with no outside suport. no chance of escape. Imagine not spending one dime to keep the DG's away.

He must have watched Escape from New York or Escape from LA.

IMHO, part of the issue would be a need to make prisons truly unpleasant places to be. First, I would separate violent criminals from non-violent offenders. Non-violent offenders would be able to stay at minimum security facilities with privileges like communal meals, communal exercise, access to television, etc.

For violent offenders, they get a cell of their own, however small we need to make it. Meals are served in the cell. You throw it at the server, you lose that meal. With good behavior you get the ability to attend classes, either through remedial GED systems, or the state college system. For college classes, you may only major in fields that would allow for a person with a violent felony to secure a job (i.e. no education majors, because schools will not hire felons convicted of violent crimes to teach). No more television, period. No communal time outside of classes. No opportunity for an inmate to attend "prison university" in order to learn how better to terrorize the population after leaving the facility. The lack of communal time will also severely reduce or eliminate the transmission of HIV while locked up (no opportunity).

Finally, and probably most contentious: No visitors other than your attorney. If you violate someone else, you do not get to see your family or friends while you are in. Letters, pictures; okay. F2F, not until you get out.

Chain gangs.. Bring 'em back... Chain the SOB's together, fit them with combo GPS and shocker collars and make them work at gunpoint. Try that for a few years and see how ofter you would want to visit prison...

Peace...

We had chain gangs when I was growing up (dang, I'm old). Don't know about the recidivism rate, but it sure kept the roadsides clean. Why the heck shouldn't we get some meaningful work out of these guys? We're feeding, housing, and clothing them...

Totally agree JJ. The road I take to work everyday has been under construction for over a year. If it were just one small section it would be one thing, but it's all but 3 miles of a 45 mile (one way) trip. The sides of the roads have concrete barricades, enclosing two lanes, and through a lot of it there hasn't been an emergency lane or pulloff for quite a distance. There were some budget problems that postponed the work several times. Why not make prisoners do that work? They could have done it for a fraction of the price, and possibly sped it up some too.

We had chain gangs when I was growing up (dang, I'm old). Don't know about the recidivism rate, but it sure kept the roadsides clean. Why the heck shouldn't we get some meaningful work out of these guys? We're feeding, housing, and clothing them...

Maricopa Sheriff Joe Arpaio still uses them.. Here is something new he has going;

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio announced a new program where inmates have to pedal on exercise bicycles to watch television.

Inmates will pedal on a bike that generates 12 volts, enough electrical current to power a 19-inch tube television at the Tent City television viewing area. One hour of pedaling equals one hour of television watching.

Typically, inmates are only allowed to watch the Weather Channel, Food Network, and C-SPAN, but with the new program they will be allowed to watch any local channel.

Arpaio said he hopes the new idea encourages inmates to exercise.

For now the program is only available to female inmates because they seemed more receptive to the idea than the male inmates, Arpaio said in a statement.

Arpaio said only those who have agreed to pedal will have access to the inmate-powered television. Inmates won't be charged a monthly gym fee but will have to sign a contract, Arpaio said.

I agree chain gangs and work details are the way to go. Take away the T.V. and all the other frills to. The prisons today are more like Club Med than punishment for crimes.

Totally agree JJ. The road I take to work everyday has been under construction for over a year. ... Why not make prisoners do that work? They could have done it for a fraction of the price, and possibly sped it up some too.

I know this is a bit off-topic from the OP, but I think it's worth a moment to think about consequences and our current methods of imprisonment.

On top of having the benefit of reducing the cost of the road, you may get other benefits. The prisoners add to their experience and skills, the opportunity to go to work for a road construction company when they get out of prison. I think work-related prison sentences and programs are great idea.

If we gave more job skills and treated truly reformed crooks a bit better, perhaps we could work our way out of the problems we have with crime. Sure, some will never change, but if you're never given a chance it's hard to get back to a normal life in society.

The reason you don't see chain gangs up north is the influence of the unions. They don't want cheap or slave labor competing for the sweetheart road re-re-reconstruction jobs.

The reason you don't see chain gangs up north is the influence of the unions. They don't want cheap or slave labor competing for the sweetheart road re-re-reconstruction jobs.

The unions have been killing good ideas for some time now. Time to get rid of some of those…

Even if they just clean the parks and fix the benches, change the oil in the state trucks, make road signs and license plates and things like that. They go to prison for a re-education in better and more effective criminal activities. They get inducted into the gangs for protection and then end up life members in and out of prison. The inmates on death-row issue can be fixed quickly just start clearing the cells oldest to newest. That was the intent was it not?

The prisons are over filled and then they wonder why they have riots. The justice system is forced to decide which societal misfits could be the least harmful and release them to ease the overcrowding???

Ok I guess my rant is over now…

Peace…

i say give every adult a gun an we would be at peace there would be less robbing rapen an abuse an less crime in this country for fear they might just get shot them selves taken guns away from the public or un arming the american people will make it alot easier for the nwo to take over an control the population ...............guns dont kill people do

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back