Parent Open Carries in School

My apologies to all for the extensive rewrite of my post #79. I hit the "submit" button before I was done researching....

Sounds good in theory how did it work out with Starbucks and Open carry in California? Have you ever heard of the Mulford Act?

Who are you going to blame for their mag restrictions, firearms approval list, and all their other asinine laws? Surely must be the gun owners fault.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Like I said let's see how this plays out

I can tell you how it played out in a couple of situations in Washington state.

Oak Harbor:
Link Removed

The Oak Harbor City Council voted Tuesday night to repeal a gun ban in parks and marinas. The gun debate, which has attracted national attention, led to a packed city council meeting. Many people in attendance were carrying weapons.

and this wasn't open carry:
Why Seattle Public Library Surrendered Its Gun Ban | KUOW News and Information
When Seattle Public Library lifted its ban on guns in early November, officials there said they had done so because patrons had complained.
The library emails, obtained by KUOW through a public records request, show the library dropped its gun ban without a fight.
“They asked us to brief them on the law, ‘What is the likelihood that our ban will survive?’” City Attorney Pete Holmes said. “We had to tell them there was a significant risk.”
It was risky because the state Supreme Court had already agreed with Bowman’s argument, which he set forth in an Aug. 14 email to the library: In 2012, the state's high court refused to overturn two lower court rulings that said municipalities could not ban firearms “at city-owned park facilities open to the public.” Bowman interpreted that to include libraries.

In regards to "no guns" signs, I've open carried many times in the Oak Harbor City Park before the gun ban was repealed, including National Night Out where the local LEO agencies and other emergency services set up community relations booths - and in many other city parks in Washington that were posted "no guns" because the gun bans in place violated state law. Never had an issue. A friend of mine did have an issue, though. After his encounter with police in a city park, the city of Bellingham paid him $15,000 to keep him from taking them to court and he and his wife are now riding new motorcycles compliments of the city settlement.

Three for three issues that Eidolon doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. As per usual.

Gimp

Hey, gimp (what the Hell if you can call me” ‘panky” and “tool” I can call you gimp right?) if you’re pissed of because I called you gimp you’d be better off to just say you’re pissed off because I called you a gimp. It won’t change anything, you’ll still be a gimp but at least you’ll be an honest one

Hey, gimp (what the Hell if you can call me” ‘panky” and “tool” I can call you gimp right?) if you’re pissed of because I called you gimp you’d be better off to just say you’re pissed off because I called you a gimp. It won’t change anything, you’ll still be a gimp but at least you’ll be an honest one

Nah, I'm a gimp, at least for the time being. I ain't pissed at all. I just don't like your internet persona. It's not only irritating and insulting, but that's your intention, and I think you try to pretend that you know about things you don't have a clue about, as-proven (again) above. You're a purposely-insulting, know-nothing provocateur. Why would I care a wit that a purposely-insulting, know-nothing provocateur calls me a gimp, especially when it's the only thing he knows to be true about me because I freely and honestly disclosed it?

Quit being such a whiny cry-baby tool.

Blues

Nah, I'm a gimp, at least for the time being. I ain't pissed at all. I just don't like your internet persona. It's not only irritating and insulting, but that's your intention, and I think you try to pretend that you know about things you don't have a clue about, as-proven (again) above. You're a purposely-insulting, know-nothing provocateur. Why would I care a wit that a purposely-insulting, know-nothing provocateur calls me a gimp, especially when it's the only thing he knows to be true about me because I freely and honestly disclosed it?

Quit being such a whiny cry-baby tool.

Blues

I've got to say, I just LOVE the high level of "discussion" the latest crop of trolls and Brady shills have brought to this forum! :blink:

Not.

when it's the only thing he knows to be true about me

Actually, it’s not the only thing I know to be true about you.

I know you’re a liar.

I know that you’re a blowhard who likes to talk about what a hard core enemy of the state he is without ever actually doing any thing that might risk his precious, pink ass about it .

I know you like to talk down to and attack any new poster who has a different perspective on things than you do.

I know you like to engage in “verbal jousting” I assume because you can’t engage in physical “jousting” .

I know you like being the BMOC around here (Small Mountain to climb but I guess you have to take your victories where you can get them).

Is there anything else I need to know?

Actually, it’s not the only thing I know to be true about you.

I know you’re a liar.

What, pray tell, do you accuse me of lying about?

I know that you’re a blowhard who likes to talk about what a hard core enemy of the state he is without ever actually doing any thing that might risk his precious, pink ass about it .

I'm nowhere near an enemy of the state. I'm a Patriot who defends the promise of the Constitution every time I see it being usurped, and spends most of the time that I have too much of for the time being on researching and exposing real enemies of the state for what they are. Mostly politicians, a lot of cops and sometimes idiots on internet forums. Sorry if you're feeling a bit exposed.

I know you like to talk down to and attack any new poster who has a different perspective on things than you do.

Not "any," just the ones who come here "mostly just killing time" and immediately start provoking people with vapidity.

I know you like to engage in “verbal jousting” I assume because you can’t engage in physical “jousting” .

Again, you only got something right because I've honestly and freely disclosed it. You're having a hard time here again 'Panky. You still lack any knowledge about me that I haven't disclosed myself, and you again expose your deficiencies at verbal jousting. Tool.

Your "assumption" however, is wrong as per usual.

I know you like being the BMOC around here (Small Mountain to climb but I guess you have to take your victories where you can get them).

I like writing, and I like engaging others in serious subjects and getting deep into them rather than just treating them as insignificant fodder for trivial conversation. It does frustrate me when I'm trying to swim in the deep end of the pool and the discussion never gets farther from the shallow end than posts like this one that I'm replying to, but I'm nothing special. There are people here who have a ton to offer on a wide variety of subjects, some I really enjoy bantering with, and some I don't, some who appear to enjoy bantering with me, and some who seem like they're allergic to anything I might say. I really don't care one way or the other. I impart what I know to be true, inquire about things that arise that I don't know about, and try to have fun where I can, but some snotty provocateur like you doesn't affect my participation here at all. I'm just a participant here, nothing special at all. I have never made a claim that I couldn't back up with cites and documentation that makes my claim at least rational based on available information about the topic, if not wholly accurate and correct. That doesn't make me "BMOC," it makes me conscientious about not just blowin' smoke. It makes me informed because I research the topics I talk about before I post about them. You should try it sometime. You've got a helluva long ways to go, but you could rehabilitate your piss-poor reputation here if you tried. But I don't think you're here to display desirable qualities in an internet forum participant. I think you're here to insult and provoke. Better luck next time 'Panky.

Is there anything else I need to know?

Yeah, but there is a character limit on these posts, and it would take too many posts and much more time than even a gimp like me has to devote to it.

Blues

I 100% agree brother! A father or mother knows whats best for their family 99.99% of the time. I carry to protect my family and myself. Consider if i didn't open carry or conceal carry and something happened to a loved one that i could have prevented. That would be a terrible thing to live with. All it takes is one time, one instance, where i could use my weapon to protect them and that makes it all worth the money, time, training and effort. BE PREPARED PEOPLE! Don't expect the government to do right by your family. You are the first line of defense.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using USA Carry mobile app

I guess i was responding to an earlier post in this thread. Must have accidentally inserted it in the wrong place.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using USA Carry mobile app

I was waiting for the post that would blame the parent. And here it is....from New York.

Yea you had to know it was coming!

It is so amazing how others are so willing to give my & your rights away....As long as it fits into their agenda!

Yeah especially with all the shootings going on in schools, bad choice!

I don't have any kids but I do have my rights. I am sorry to say this but my rights are non negotiable, period.
There are HUNDREDS of things that could be done "to make kids safe" that don't involve taking away my rights.
This whole "for the children" sh!t gives me the runs!
It is nothing more than a well crafted political ploy designed to get people where it counts.
Emotional slight of hand so they can further restrict mine and YOUR freedoms.
You go right ahead and buy into it. Me? I'll be right here, polishing my gun collection...
Link Removed

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back