Pa carry/alcohol

Damn! I am done with this thread! "There are none so blind as THOSE WHO WILL NOT SEE!"
For those of you this quote pertains to > > > If you don't understand common sense... sure would like your take on what Responsible means, and what your idea of Good Judgment is.:wacko:

I've got a secret for you. The chances of me killing someone with my gun are just as unlikely, even if it is in my possession after having a couple beers with dinner.

I've got another secret for you, I'm not going to tailor my legal behaviors around what you are or are not comfortable with. You don't want to be around someone lawfully having a couple of beers with dinner and carrying a firearm, then don't let the door hit you on YOUR way out.

As another poster on this forum has said in the past.... just because you don't trust yourself enough to not be able to keep from fondling your gun after you've had a couple beers - don't push your insecurities onto others. I feel no overwhelming urges to take the keys out of my pocket and drive after a couple beers with dinner and I don't feel any urges to take my gun out of the holster and fondle it either. Believe it or not some people CAN control their BASIC actions while under the influence of alcohol.

Thats fine, If it's your legal right to drink and carry than you can exercise that right.

I just know that out of the many people I know that carry, They would never even have A beer and carry. And I'm glad of that!

I'm done with this rediculous question and post :alcoholic: :help:

Funny how not even the politicians in the legislature consider drinking and carrying a gun to be all that big of a problem....

If you can't have a beer at dinner and carry firearm because you are not responsible enough, you probably were not responsible enough to carry before you had the beer.

Your legal defense is a moot point when your dead. So by all means, don't carry if you want to have a beer at dinner, its not my life at risk.

And nice sensationalism about blowing away an innocent little child...learn that one from the media of late?

Really? Is that the case in every state?

In the state whose name this subforum bears, yes. In the state where I reside, yes. Even Maryland repealed it's law against carrying while under the influence. And there is no blood running in the streets here because of drunks who can't resist playing with their guns. In every state, no.

As a conceal carry permit holder in Pennsylvania I know that I am within my rights to carry inside an establishment that serves alcohol. However, would I be breaking the law if I had a drink in the bar while carrying? Are there limits to BAC or is it completely banned? I'm not saying I want to go out and get drunk. I just like to drink a beer with dinner.

Forget about the law and do what is right for you, your family, and anyone around you. If you carry, just DON"T drink. If you have to use that firearm and there is a registered alcohol level in your system, you are going to have a hell of a legal battle on your hands. That is neither good for you nor your family. Have your beer when you get home.

it should be a personal decision ..esp because many can hold their alcohol and still make good judgement after a beer or two.....the only reason the law should have anything to do with us is if we harmed another wrongfully drunk or sober......folks need to exercise their own good judgement and stop allowing the government to dictate what they can and can't do
whilst it's illegal in florida to order alcohol in a bar whilst carrying i see no reason why a responsible person can't drink a glass of wine or beer with their meal inside such an establishment so long they are in control of themselves and their weapon imo
with freedom comes responsibility

it should be a personal decision ..esp because many can hold their alcohol and still make good judgement after a beer or two.....the only reason the law should have anything to do with us is if we harmed another wrongfully drunk or sober......folks need to exercise their own good judgement and stop allowing the government to dictate what they can and can't do
whilst it's illegal in florida to order alcohol in a bar whilst carrying i see no reason why a responsible person can't drink a glass of wine or beer with their meal inside such an establishment so long they are in control of themselves and their weapon imo
with freedom comes responsibility

In Florida you can not carry under your CWFL in a "BAR" period. However you may consume alcohol while armed.

In Florida you can not carry under your CWFL in a "BAR" period. However you may consume alcohol while armed.

sgb i believe you can go to a restaurant that also has a bar so long you don't sit at the bar and so long you don't consume alcohol either.....

here is the statute pertaining to restaurants that serve alcohol

''Note: A “YES” above means you can carry into places like described below. “NO” means you can’t.
Handgunlaw.us definition of “Restaurant Carry” is carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol. Places
like Friday’s. Chili’s or Red Lobster. This may or may not mean the bar or the bar area of a
restaurant.
////////////////// But you can carry your firearm into a restaurant that serves alcohol and sit and eat
without consuming./////////////////// take note

Handgunlaw.us recommends you not sit at the Bar or in the Bar area of such
restaurants. In some states it is illegal to be in the Bar area of such restaurants. Handgunlaw.us
believes you should never consume alcohol when carrying your firearm. In some states it is illegal to
take even one drink while carrying a firearm. If you want further info on carrying in places that serve
alcohol check your state laws.

I will sit any any bar or restaurant and CC and drink my diet 7 as long as it is not posted! Here in wisconsin you can CCW in a Bar but you may NOT O.C. in a bar. I agree! no drinking what so ever, you are just leaving yourself open for more legal problems, if somthing goes bad.

I carry in bars and bar/restaurants all the time but I don't frequent places known to have trouble. Just don't get drunk and stupid. Heck half the people in the place are probably packin' too so enjoy that cerveza and steak.

i don't think you can consume even in the restaurant part of a alcohol serving establishment whilst carrying.

Your safe dosent have to bolted to the ground... Just saying if you have a actuall gun case that is just fine

As a conceal carry permit holder in Pennsylvania I know that I am within my rights to carry inside an establishment that serves alcohol. However, would I be breaking the law if I had a drink in the bar while carrying? Are there limits to BAC or is it completely banned? I'm not saying I want to go out and get drunk. I just like to drink a beer with dinner.
from what i was told by a sherriff deputy in Huntington county you can carry in a bar and drink but you can not be drunk while your carring

from what i was told by a sherriff deputy in Huntington county you can carry in a bar and drink but you can not be drunk while your carring

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You can't legally be drunk and do a lot of things, like simply walk down the street, however, there is no law against it specifically, although there laws about public intoxication, disorderly conduct, etc. And of course its not an activity I would endorse.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back