Pa carry/alcohol

Sorry tiny. Keycutter is a dbag and u can expect this childish response until you meet his silly non troll criteria.

This thread is pathetic. I'm sorry. Not because of the question, which should have a common sense answer, but the amount of WRONG information that everyone has given. First, to be technical, you don't have a CCW in PA. It is a LTCF. Next, the 51% rule, as quoted in another post, is in Texas. It keeps getting worse from there.

When you choose to carry a gun, as someone pointed out in another thread (I would give proper credit if I had the author at my fingertips), you lose certain rights. You lose the right to lose your temper, and, among other things, the right to have a drink. It isn't statute, but common sense. While it may be LEGAL to have a drink while carrying, it isn't RIGHT.

Against the law in EVERY sate.

NOT IN WASHINGTON! Give me a break.

This thread is pathetic. I'm sorry. Not because of the question, which should have a common sense answer, but the amount of WRONG information that everyone has given. First, to be technical, you don't have a CCW in PA. It is a LTCF. Next, the 51% rule, as quoted in another post, is in Texas. It keeps getting worse from there.

When you choose to carry a gun, as someone pointed out in another thread (I would give proper credit if I had the author at my fingertips), you lose certain rights. You lose the right to lose your temper, and, among other things, the right to have a drink. It isn't statute, but common sense. While it may be LEGAL to have a drink while carrying, it isn't RIGHT.

You start by whining about the false information and then you close with false information of your own. Apply your own judgements to yourself and stop trying them to impose them upon others. If you can't drink one or two beers with dinner while you are carrying a gun then don't. But don't tell me it's not right for me to. If you don't like it, when you see me have a beer with dinner with a gun in a holster on my belt where it belongs then it is your right to go somewhere else.

You are correct, the responses to this thread are pathetic, but the OP's question is not.

As a conceal carry permit holder in Pennsylvania I know that I am within my rights to carry inside an establishment that serves alcohol. However, would I be breaking the law if I had a drink in the bar while carrying? Are there limits to BAC or is it completely banned? I'm not saying I want to go out and get drunk. I just like to drink a beer with dinner.

No, there are no Pennsylvania or Federal laws against it. My philosophy is that I carry my gun during my normal activities in normal everyday life and I don't adjust my life around my gun other than to not carry it in places where it is illegal to do so. Usually with a dinner out, I will have 1 or 2 beers with dinner and I feel no reason to change that because I am carrying a gun, nor do I feel a reason to not carry a gun during those times.

Of course, I will be flamed extensively for my choice, I don't care.

If I had needed to use my firearm for protection, "a good shoot is a good shoot" as we've recently seen in the Gerald Ung case. I have never been one to govern my life as the subject of fear-mongering. I advocate: common-sense, knowledge, and moderation, all subject to the "reasonable man" scrutiny. I am an adult. I act like an adult. I prefer to be treated like an adult. And I prefer not to have to surrender my 2A rights should I decide to have a beer with dinner.

Choose wisely. Like a responsible adult. Link Removed

Amen, brother!

Against the law in EVERY sate.

NOT IN WASHINGTON! Give me a break.

You start by whining about the false information and then you close with false information of your own. Apply your own judgements to yourself and stop trying them to impose them upon others. If you can't drink one or two beers with dinner while you are carrying a gun then don't. But don't tell me it's not right for me to. If you don't like it, when you see me have a beer with dinner with a gun in a holster on my belt where it belongs then it is your right to go somewhere else.

You are correct, the responses to this thread are pathetic, but the OP's question is not.

You never pass up an opportunity to prove that you aren't able to post an answer without trying to berate or belittle someone. Go and have a few beers and get involved in a shooting incident. The plaintiff's attorney will hang you out to dry even if the DA doesn't. It is not right to impair your judgement when carrying a firearm. You can rationalize it any way you like or call it whining. It doesn't make it ok.

You never pass up an opportunity to prove that you aren't able to post an answer without trying to berate or belittle someone. Go and have a few beers and get involved in a shooting incident. The plaintiff's attorney will hang you out to dry even if the DA doesn't. It is not right to impair your judgement when carrying a firearm. You can rationalize it any way you like or call it whining. It doesn't make it ok.

Show us examples of where that has happened in real life....

I really don't have to worry about it though, since I open carry the bad guy is going to shoot me first anyway.

And then there is the "why take the chance argument..." Well, people have died from flower pots pushed off of buildings by monkeys, so why take the chance? Whenever outside, carry an umbrella over your head to deflect any falling flower pots.

As a conceal carry permit holder in Pennsylvania I know that I am within my rights to carry inside an establishment that serves alcohol. However, would I be breaking the law if I had a drink in the bar while carrying? Are there limits to BAC or is it completely banned? I'm not saying I want to go out and get drunk. I just like to drink a beer with dinner.

I don't know the laws in PA so I won't comment on them. I suggest you find out what the law actually states with regard to what would legally be defined as under the influence. For example, in Mass. the law states that one may not carry a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. However, the good folk at the legislature are not kind enough to define what under the influence of alcohol actually means therefore it means whatever the police and the DA think it means. The way I approach it is unless your BAC is .00 while carrying you may be under the influence.

It doesn't matter what people "think" is right or wrong. The state of Pennsylvania says it is 100% ok to carry and drink. I'm going to protect myself, my friends or family regardless...Wouldn't you?!

You can't drive a car if your BAC is over 0.08, but you can carry a loaded weapon anything below 0.10 BAC, And you ask why it's crazy??

Would you drive a car with a BAC at 0.10 ??

What does DRIVING (operating) a vehicle and possession of an inanimate object (a gun) have to do with each other? Do you also think it is crazy to be able to legally carry car keys with a BAC >.08? My gun isn't going to jump out of it's holster and start shooting people because my BAC is >.02, .05, .08, whatever limit you want to define "crazy" at, just like my car keys aren't going to magically pop out of my pocket and start the car.

Having your weapon in a bar in PA is not a good idea. You cannot legally carry oc or cc in Pa in an establishment that gets helf of its profits from alcohol. Whether half is from alcohol is the question. Id leave it in the car.

Where did you come up with this misinformation. Pa law does not address the issue of carrying in a bar or establishment that gets "half it's profits from alcohol, therefore it's not illegal. Drinking on the other hand while carrying is a totally different issue. Just common sense....if you are carrying don't drink! Not even one drink >>>COMMON SENSE! If you are going to drink, even one drink, don't carry! COMMON SENSE!

DING DING DING A winner. Should have read this before I did all that typing on my previous post here!
A question for those in denial. Why would you want to carry if you are going to have just one drink? OK maybe because you want to be able to protect yourself or your family...right? Wonder what a juror would think and the prosecutor would say after the testimony in court by someone that served you that drink said. "Yes I served him his Sloe Gin Fizz just before he left and blew that sweet innocent kid's brains out!":no::unsure::confused::nono::hang3::sarcastic:

What does DRIVING (operating) a vehicle and possession of an inanimate object (a gun) have to do with each other? Do you also think it is crazy to be able to legally carry car keys with a BAC >.08? My gun isn't going to jump out of it's holster and start shooting people because my BAC is >.02, .05, .08, whatever limit you want to define "crazy" at, just like my car keys aren't going to magically pop out of my pocket and start the car.

Driving a vehicle is a huge responsibility because if people are negligent they can severely injure or kill people. Carrying a gun is a huge responsibility because if people are negligent they can severely injure or kill people. In either case if the individual is under the influence of alcohol their judgement could be impaired which could cause problems. Did you actually need that spelled out for you or do you just like to keep on going with your asinine arguments? Your gun obviously won't jump out of it's holster but if you're drunk and your judgement is impaired you might not act responsibly and pull it when you shouldn't. If you're drunk your ability to shoot will obviously be impaired. That can get dangerous for innocent bystanders. Since you've clearly demonstrated your plan of action is to open fire in public places at the drop of a hat.....shoot first and ask questions later....well....that may not be a good thing.

Use some common sense..........unlike a car or a gun the chances of you killing someone with your car keys will under the influence of acoholl is HIGHLY unlikey!

While anyone is under the influence of alcohol and or drugs, Most likely they will make much different choices than they would while sober.
So any SANE person would not drive or CARRY a loaded firearm while there is a chance their judgement was impaird! :frown:

So go ahead and walk around with your car keys all you want while drunk.........just stay away from me while you are driving or carrying when you are drinking!

Use some common sense..........unlike a car or a gun the chances of you killing someone with your car keys will under the influence of acoholl is HIGHLY unlikey!

I've got a secret for you. The chances of me killing someone with my gun are just as unlikely, even if it is in my possession after having a couple beers with dinner.

So go ahead and walk around with your car keys all you want while drunk.........just stay away from me while you are driving or carrying when you are drinking!

I've got another secret for you, I'm not going to tailor my legal behaviors around what you are or are not comfortable with. You don't want to be around someone lawfully having a couple of beers with dinner and carrying a firearm, then don't let the door hit you on YOUR way out.

As another poster on this forum has said in the past.... just because you don't trust yourself enough to not be able to keep from fondling your gun after you've had a couple beers - don't push your insecurities onto others. I feel no overwhelming urges to take the keys out of my pocket and drive after a couple beers with dinner and I don't feel any urges to take my gun out of the holster and fondle it either. Believe it or not some people CAN control their BASIC actions while under the influence of alcohol.

:no:
It doesn't matter what people "think" is right or wrong. The state of Pennsylvania says it is 100% ok to carry and drink. I'm going to protect myself, my friends or family regardless...Wouldn't you?!

NO I defer to COMMON SENSE!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back