Oregon Militia Malheur

Seems to me like the group's actions in Oregon were not too different from those of founding fathers in starting the Revolutionary War and not for all that much difference is reasons, either. The biggest differences are that the founding fathers gained a whole lot more support from their fellow citizens as time went on and they stood up to a government back then that did not have nearly as much power to annihilate any opposition that would dare to rise up against it.

Seems to me like the group's actions in Oregon were not too different from those of founding fathers in starting the Revolutionary War and not for all that much difference is reasons, either. The biggest differences are that the founding fathers gained a whole lot more support from their fellow citizens as time went on and they stood up to a government back then that did not have nearly as much power to annihilate any opposition that would dare to rise up against it.

It sounds like you should have been out there with them. Why weren't you? Federal land is all our land, collectively. Hunters and nature lovers get to use that land. Are they the enemy? No they aren't. When people tell you that federal land should be handed over to the people what they really mean is that it should be handed over to me and mine. Then they can whore the land out to mining companies, loggers and cattle grazers and pocket the money destroying our wildlife reserves and national parks for decades if not centuries to come. There are a thousand things I dislike about the government but preserving our native wildlife from the people who would destroy it for profit is one of the few I can't.

It sounds like you should have been out there with them. Why weren't you? Federal land is all our land, collectively. Hunters and nature lovers get to use that land. Are they the enemy? No they aren't. When people tell you that federal land should be handed over to the people what they really mean is that it should be handed over to me and mine. Then they can whore the land out to mining companies, loggers and cattle grazers and pocket the money destroying our wildlife reserves and national parks for decades if not centuries to come. There are a thousand things I dislike about the government but preserving our native wildlife from the people who would destroy it for profit is one of the few I can't.

Link Removed

I find it sad that the Federal Gov is at war with its citizens. The Tenth Ammendment seems impotent. Private property rights gone. Someone in our corrupt federal government is getting rich here.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Oregon standoff: FBI moves in on last refuge occupiers

And the next, possibly the last, episode of this CF just started. Streaming live at: Gavin Seim | LIVE call from Refuge -- FBI Seige Happening, originally posted by OregonLive | Oregon standoff: FBI moves in on last refuge occupiers.

Comment 1: Once again, when the SHTF is not the time to make plans, it is time to execute them. The last four holdouts have set themselves up for failure the same way Ammon and the others have. Piss-poor planning leads to piss-poor results. The situation is still ongoing while I am commenting.

Comment 2: Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy arrested by FBI in Portland right after stepping off the plane.

Comment 3: There was an agreement worked out last night that would let the Malheur 4 to surrender to the FBI in the presence of Franklin Graham and Michele Fiore.

Last edited:
Jury finds 7 Malheur occupiers not guilty of conspiracy

From Link Removed:

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — About 10 months after the 41-day takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, a jury found 7 occupiers not guilty of conspiring to impede federal workers from doing their jobs at the refuge.

The verdict came one day after a juror was dismissed due to concerns over his impartiality.

Defendants Ammon Bundy, Ryan Bundy, Neil Wampler, Kenneth Medenbach, Shawna Cox, Jeff Banta and David Fry were all acquitted of federal conspiracy to impede workers from doing their jobs at the refuge through threats, intimidation or force.

Some of the defendants were also charged with possession of firearms at a federal facility and were acquitted on that count as well. The jury was unable to reach a verdict on the charge of theft.

The atmosphere in the courtroom became heated once the verdict was read and Ammon Bundy’s attorney Marcus Mumford began arguing his client should be freed. The Bundy brothers are still under federal indictment for their roles in the 2014 standoff at their father Cliven’s Bunkerville, Nevada ranch.

U.S. Marshals tackled Mumford to the ground and hit him with a stun gun multiple times. He was taken into custody but released shortly thereafter.

Also read The Oregonian | Oregon standoff: All defendants found not guilty and OPB | All Seven Defendants Found Not Guilty In Refuge Occupation Trial.

Attorney Mumford was tortured by federal marshals for deigning to demand documentation that the court had authority to keep the Bundy brothers in custody. Paperwork was all he was demanding, as is his freakin' job and constitutional duty to demand.

"The coda to the stunning verdict, undoubtedly a significant blow to federal prosecutors, was when Ammon Bundy's lawyer Marcus Mumford argued that his client, dressed in a gray suit and white dress shirt, should be allowed to walk out of the court, a free man.

U.S. District Judge Anna J. Brown told him that there was a U.S. Marshal's hold on him from a pending federal indictment in Nevada.

"If there's a detainer, show me,'' Mumford stood, arguing before the judge.

Suddenly, a group of about six U.S. Marshals surrounded Mumford at his defense table. The judge directed them to move back but moments later, the marshals grabbed on to him.

"What are you doing?'' Mumford yelled, as he struggled and was taken down to the floor.

As deputy marshals yelled, "Stop resisting,'' the judge demanded, "Everybody out of the courtroom now!''

Mumford was taken into custody, a member of his legal team confirmed.

Ammon Bundy's lawyer J. Morgan Philpot, said afterwards on the courthouse steps that Mumford had been arrested and marshals had used a stun gun, or Taser, on his back. Another member of Ammon Bundy's legal team Rick Koerber, echoed Philpot, saying he heard Mumford questioning in court why they were using a Taser against him.

Philpot decried the marshals' treatment of Mumford in the courtroom. "What happened at the end is symbolic of the improper use of force by the federal government,'' he said.

By 6:30 p.m., Mumford was released from custody. He confirmed that he was struck with a stun gun once while he was on the floor of the courtroom.

"I grew up on a dairy farm, so am I used to some rough treatment, sure?'' he said. But he said the actions of the U.S. marshals were uncalled for.

"All I was asking for was papers. Just show me you have the authority to take Mr. Bundy into custody.''

As to the verdict, "Very pleased, very gratified. This jury was dedicated. They listened to our case.''

Tazers are routinely used against non-combative subjects by law enforcement anymore, as are pain-compliance methods like ASPs used on knees and arms torqued upwards behind their backs. Many, many times these pain-compliance techniques are used for the most minor of infractions, usually not even an infraction, but "contempt of cop" types of "offenses." The real criminals in the courtroom at the end of that trial were the Marshals who tortured an attorney for doing his job. Ho-hum boring stuff, I know, so the beatings will continue until morale improves. This country has become a banana republic ruled by tinpot dictators, but get out there and vote boys and girls! You can save America not by voting for "change," but by voting for more tinpot dictators to rule your lives and abuse your minds and bodies! Get out there and vote as hard as you can, the more often, the better! SMFH.

For whatever my opinion is worth, since this is a federal case, I think this should be out on the main board somewhere. I guess P&N is the only place it might get decent attention, but I don't see it as fitting in well there personally. But since there's not a sub-forum devoted to opposing the police state that this country has become, I guess that's the only real choice. Or I guess LEO Encounters might work too(?). Whatever....

Blues

Interesting read: Who was John Killman? A tip and detective work unmask mystery man at Oregon refuge.

On a late January day, near the end of the 41-day occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, a man named John Killman joined Ammon and Ryan Bundy and other protesters.

He spoke with a French accent and provided occupiers with food and firearms training. He was friends with many of them on Facebook.

There was a catch, however: John Killman didn't exist.

The discovery that Killman was an FBI informant hit just before the surprising outcome of the trial of seven refuge occupiers. The revelation may have sounded the death knell for a struggling prosecution, now faced with more questions about how informants may have influenced the case.

Killman's secret role wouldn't have come to light except for a chance conversation and fast detective work by defense attorneys.

FBI HRT Member Indicted

From LA Times | A bullet hole, a mystery and an FBI agent's indictment — the messy aftermath of an Oregon standoff:

The shooting of Robert “LaVoy” Finicum on a snowy Oregon highway on Jan. 26, 2016, was one of those instant American dramas in which every photo, every eyewitness account and every millisecond of video become forensic evidence in a public debate over whether someone deserved to die at the hands of police.

In classic fashion, two sides examined the same evidence and saw two different things. To the government, Finicum, 55, was reaching for a loaded gun in his jacket after speeding away from a traffic stop, and the shooting by Oregon State Police troopers was justified.

To thousands of antigovernment activists across the country, the Arizona rancher was a folk hero who became a martyr when, in their view, he was ambushed — shot in the back without a gun in his hand — by overaggressive law enforcement officials who were trying to crush the armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

But when it came to one mysterious piece of evidence in the case, the two sides were bothered by the same question: Where did the bullet hole in the roof of Finicum’s truck come from?

The government offered an answer Wednesday when a member of the FBI’s elite Hostage Rescue Team was indicted on suspicion of shooting twice at Finicum during the chaotic encounter and then lying about it to state and federal investigators.

The agent, W. Joseph Astarita, stone-faced and wearing a dark gray pinstriped suit, entered a plea of not guilty to five counts of lying and obstruction in a two-minute arraignment before U.S. Magistrate Judge Janice M. Stewart in federal court in Portland.

Astarita and the Hostage Rescue Team — the FBI’s crack counter-terrorism unit, which responds to crises all over the nation — had been summoned to rural Oregon to help resolve the government’s high-stakes standoff with a band of heavily armed occupiers who took over Malheur on Jan. 2, 2016.

The occupation near Burns, Ore., was widely viewed as the ideological sequel to the Bureau of Land Management’s 2014 armed showdown with ranchers and militia in Bunkerville, Nev., who were protesting the government’s attempts to get a local rancher, Cliven Bundy, to follow federal wildlands laws.

Finicum, who had a ranch in Arizona, and two of Bundy’s sons came to Oregon for similar reasons — protesting on behalf of local ranchers — and the occupiers holed up at the reserve, holding court with reporters and sometimes advancing dubious legal theories about the illegitimacy of the federal government. In interviews, Finicum hinted he might be willing to die for the cause.

Observers — and participants — feared both encounters might lead to the kind of tense law enforcement siege that had met bloody conclusions on Ruby Ridge in Idaho in 1992 and Waco, Texas, in 1993. The Nevada encounter ended after federal agents withdrew from the scene.

But in Oregon, agents decided to act.

Oregon State Police and the Hostage Rescue Team decided to arrest Finicum and some of the occupation’s other leaders on a rural stretch of highway away from the wildlife refuge as he led a two-truck convoy filled with passengers.

Finicum initially stopped when pulled over by law enforcement, but then sped away, crashed his truck into a snowbank and nearly hit a Hostage Rescue Team member as he apparently tried to avoid a police roadblock. One Oregon state trooper fired three shots at Finicum’s speeding vehicle but didn’t hit anyone.

Then, a moment after Finicum staggered out of the truck with his arms in the air, a video taken by one of the passengers inside the truck shows an apparent shot hitting the roof of the vehicle and striking a window.

Afterward, Finicum moved toward officers and appeared to reach toward his jacket, under which was a loaded gun, and was fatally shot by state troopers.

All of the troopers’ shots were deemed justifiable “and, in fact, necessary,” Malheur County Dist. Atty. Dan Norris said last year after reviewing the shooting.

But investigators were concerned that they could not account for the shots apparently fired by an FBI agent that left the bullet hole in the roof of Finicum’s truck.

None of the FBI agents took responsibility for taking the shots. Suspicions were further aroused when investigators later reportedly couldn’t find two shell casings that had initially been spotted at the scene.

Law enforcement video also reportedly showed some of the FBI agents searching the area with flashlights and huddling together, with one agent picking something up off the ground, according to a report in the Oregonian newspaper last year.

That is one reason Finicum’s widow said she was grateful for Wednesday’s indictment, but not satisfied.

“I believe there’s more that needs to be done; there were other officers involved in the coverup,” said Jeanette Finicum, 57, who has taken over her husband’s ranch. Finicum left behind 12 children and 25 grandchildren.

And although the government’s prosecution of one of its own agents helps answer a question that the two sides had shared about the shooting, the prosecution is not likely to mollify Finicum’s supporters.

“These are not hostage rescuers. The HRT are assassins,” Gavin Seim, an activist who supported the Malheur occupation, said in a Facebook video on Wednesday, in which he cited the Hostage Rescue Team’s presence at the 1990s standoffs at Ruby Ridge and Waco. “A man was murdered, assassinated on the side of the road. I’m sorry, guys. This is not so awesome. This is not a victory when the terrorists of the planet, of our country, of our people commit crimes.”

Seim added that Finicum “exemplifies making a principled stand, standing up and giving his life for his friends and for liberty.” Like many of his fellow activists, Seim had a much darker view of law enforcement. “Every police report in America is false. That’s the norm,” Seim said. Of Astarita, he added, “This guy just got noticed.”

At Wednesday’s court hearing, Stewart ordered Astarita remain free pending trial. The agent declined to comment while leaving court. He was represented by a public defender, who said Astarita would be retaining private counsel.

At Wednesday’s court hearing, Stewart ordered Astarita remain free pending trial. The agent declined to comment while leaving court. He was represented by a public defender, who said Astarita would be retaining private counsel.

The prosecution against Astarita comes after more than a year of investigation by the U.S. Justice Department’s Office of the Inspector General and as the government is still trying to prosecute antigovernment protesters who have initiated standoffs with federal agents in Oregon and Nevada over the federal government’s wildlands policies.

Billy J. Williams, the U.S. attorney for Oregon, said the charges against Astarita have no bearing on the investigation of the Finicum shooting, which he described as “necessary and justified.”

When asked the question on most minds about Astarita — “why did he lie?” — Williams offered only this: “I suspect that question will be answered in court.”

More information can be found here as well: LaVoy Finicum shooting: FBI agent faces 5-count indictment. The indictment can be found here.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back