Oregon Militia Malheur

Firefighterchen

OC for Tactical Advantage
With the death of LaVoy Finicum, what are your thoughts on what's happening in Oregon?

Sent from my SM-N920T using USA Carry mobile app

Depends on who your news comes from. If you believe that he was shot with his hands up, it is just like Ruby Ridge and Waco all over again.

I think this thread should be out in the main forums and not tucked away here in the state forums. In fact, I think I'll post this out there too and start a general-interest thread.

Otherwise, not to be overly-blunt, but Mr. Finicum was murdered during an ambush. Ryan Payne, suspected by many of being a fed plant, was in Finicum's truck. Supposedly he stuck his head and hands out the window when the first shot rang out that "missed" him. Then he got out of the truck, with no more gunfire headed his way, on the premise of asking the cops to let the women exit the vehicle. Finicum attempted to drive off after Payne was safely out of the way, got stuck in snow while attempting to circumvent the roadblock, also exited the vehicle alerting cops that he didn't have a gun, but was shot and killed anyway.

The above is a very abbreviated synopsis of Victoria Sharp's, a passenger in Finicum's truck, recounting of events, which is posted below:

The feds played this perfectly. Many in the Patriot and/or III% movement(s) have stated that even though they didn't agree with the Bundys' choice of time and place to foment a confrontation, there would be "No more free Wacos!" These groups, of which I proudly count myself a member, have written hundreds of warnings on scores of blogs and forums that a blood-bath at Malheur would overcome any reticence they had for supporting the occupation in the beginning, and such a blood-bath would be as "The Second Shot Heard Round The World" sparking a new Revolution. So local and fed LE singled out one of the best, most sympathetic and peace-loving men among them to sacrifice to send the "actions have consequences" message, and then arrested everyone else without incident. They avoided the "blood-bath" and it has worked. Even Ammon Bundy, through his attorneys, is calling for occupiers to leave Malheur, and they are leaving, but are likewise being arrested, with no more bloodshed, as they do. One man's death does not a revolution make. Finicum was cannon fodder, period. The Bundys displayed the same horrible judgment of character as they did at Bunkerville by allowing Ryan Payne and several other known and/or highly-suspected fed plants in their inner circle against the warnings of myriad experienced militia leaders from across the country, and Finicum paid with his life for that lack of judgment.

Even if one believes that the federal government "owns" or legitimately controls the lands within the Malheur Wildlife Refuge, Finicum was executed for trespassing and being a squatter. And still the cry of "No more free Wacos!" echos on the Patriot and III% blogs.....

Blues

Bundy and Supporters are Complete Morons

Kudos to the FBI and Oregon State Patrol for executing a textbook take-down. Now we wait a bit and see what happens to the remaining band of ragtag numb-nuts. :yes2:

Kudos to the FBI and Oregon State Patrol for executing a textbook take-down. Now we wait a bit and see what happens to the remaining band of ragtag numb-nuts. :yes2:

At what point do a band of ragtag numb-nuts become citizens doing their duty?

"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

A tyrant will always stomp anyone who dares oppose that tyrant simply because, like any bully, the tyrant knows in order to remain in power every display of disobedience must not only be beaten down but must also contain a lesson, preferably a very obvious and highly visible lesson, for anyone else who dares not obey.

Duty to Do What?

At what point do a band of ragtag numb-nuts become citizens doing their duty?
Too late. That horse left the barn when they decided it would be good idea to illegally occupy the Malheur preserve.

Guess they didn't think it all the way through. That's typically how it goes for numb-nuts like that.

Too late. That horse left the barn when they decided it would be good idea to illegally occupy the Malheur preserve.

Guess they didn't think it all the way through. That's typically how it goes for numb-nuts like that.

Have you always been a constitutional illiterate, or do you just choose to be when it suits your own agenda?

FBI Video of the Shooting

Somewhere between 3 to 120 shots were fired and LaVoy Finicum was shot while kneeling, laying on the ground, charging at officers and/or drawing a firearm, all according to "eyewitness accounts". Lot's of people have been arrested. I believe none of them are from Oregon. The FBI just released the complete, unedited video. The shooting is at 9:30: FBI | Complete, Unedited Video of Joint FBI and OSP Operation 01/26/2016.

Correction: One of the arrested was from Oregon.

Last edited:
However it happens ... it will happen, by a militia member or mentally unstable person, just like it happened in Illinois, I won't be saddened when the FBI or OSP lose an officer due to retaliation over Finicum.

Sent from my SM-N920T using USA Carry mobile app

What they thought was that the founders had appointed them the interpreters of the Constitution, so that they could claim it means whatever is most advantages for themselves. Just a bunch of self-centered selfish Humpty Dumpty's.

That "United" thing and "WE the People" the founders created seem to have gone way over their heads.

Can anyone say "the Battle of Athens"?

Link Removed

This wasn't and isn't even remotely a "Battle of Athens" situation. A bunch of out-of-staters decided to make a stand against the federal government in a remote, deserted location no-one had heard before with little-to-none local support, a piss-poor strategy and apparently even piss-poor tactics.

This thread is appropriately titled "Oregon Militia Malheur". In French, "malheur" means misfortune, mishap or tragedy. This operation was doomed to fail from the get go and is concluding rather "peacefully", considering what could have happened (and still can) in an all-out assault by the feds on the occupation site.

I'd really have preferred the "all-out assault" approach, preceded with some amazing sniper shots, armored vehicle ingress with heavy weapons and a few precision drone strikes. Would have been alot quicker and less costly to the taxpayers in the long run, even considering replacing some of the buildings and infrastructure. Plus, there's the added benefit of removing those idiots from the gene pool.

I'd really have preferred the "all-out assault" approach, preceded with some amazing sniper shots, armored vehicle ingress with heavy weapons and a few precision drone strikes. Would have been alot quicker and less costly to the taxpayers in the long run, even considering replacing some of the buildings and infrastructure. Plus, there's the added benefit of removing those idiots from the gene pool.

<personal attack removed -Calvin>

Link Removed

No charges for LAPD officers who shot newspaper delivery women during Dorner manhunt - LA Times

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you being sarcastic or serious? If you are being serious, then you have surely nothing against law enforcement preemptively raiding your home. You know, for public safety. To make sure that you are not up to something. Since you are posting on a gun forum, this does make you suspicious, in general. Just a few flash-bang grenades thrown in your house in the middle of the night and anyone who resists gets shot. Plus, there's the added benefit of removing any idiots from the gene pool. Hence, I assume you are being sarcastic.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back