Open carry confrontations

the original quote didnt follow.

Im not a big fan of Open Carry, You make unarmed civilians uncomfortable, you get police attention, you risk being shot first when robbery takes place, you risk being hit on the head and your firearm used to commit a crime. And don't even think just because you have a gun it means you will win a gunfight!
On the positive note, potential crime can also go away when a criminal know's there's another man with a gun in the area.

Open Carry is more of a statement these days.

!

and yet you hang out in an open carry forum to tell others "Get your concealed carry!" and "Open carry is more of a statement these days". These two comments mated with the fact that you are in an open carry forum relegate your input to the status of troll post. I have read your responses and yet my opinion didnt change.

I have read your responses and yet my opinion didnt change.
This statement relegates your post to the category of "stupid is as stupid does," the dogmatic rambling of someone doing the wrong thing for what he believes is the right reason.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Whether or not you agree, resorting to the typical ad hominem attack seen here so often only illustrates your inability to debate the topic rationally, unwittingly lending credence to your opponents position.

" the dogmatic rambling of someone doing the wrong thing for what he believes is the right reason.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. .

Your last sentence doesnt jive with your first one. You say I am entitled to my own opinion but you start out by saying my opinion is wrong. Your a special kinda stupid arent you? I bet you are a liberal huh? I have seen your troll post as well in other post so you really dont need to respond.

and yet you hang out in an open carry forum to tell others "Get your concealed carry!" and "Open carry is more of a statement these days". These two comments mated with the fact that you are in an open carry forum relegate your input to the status of troll post. I have read your responses and yet my opinion didnt change.

This statement relegates your post to the category of "stupid is as stupid does," the dogmatic rambling of someone doing the wrong thing for what he believes is the right reason.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Whether or not you agree, resorting to the typical ad hominem attack seen here so often only illustrates your inability to debate the topic rationally, unwittingly lending credence to your opponents position.

As My Pappy always told me "Opinions are like A$$holes everyone has one, some just feel the need to show theirs in public more often than others" IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.
By the way, as I spent the last 23 years at my job, I pronounced to all that I was the resident A$$hole, and proud of it. :haha: :haha: :haha:

Your last sentence doesnt jive with your first one. You say I am entitled to my own opinion but you start out by saying my opinion is wrong. Your a special kinda stupid arent you? I bet you are a liberal huh? I have seen your troll post as well in other post so you really dont need to respond.

YES, you are correct. That is what trolls do, that is their job, that is what gives them pride in what they do, you recognized his statement for what it was and yet you still responded in a manner that allows him to be gratified in the fact that he got to you. Showing less emotion in your response might really help your point and reduce his gratification. Better yet ignoring his response might be even better. But hey that's just IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, right. :thank_you2:

As My Pappy always told me "Opinions are like A$$holes everyone has one, some just feel the need to show theirs in public more often than others" IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.
By the way, as I spent the last 23 years at my job, I pronounced to all that I was the resident A$$hole, and proud of it. :haha: :haha: :haha:

YES, you are correct. That is what trolls do, that is their job, that is what gives them pride in what they do, you recognized his statement for what it was and yet you still responded in a manner that allows him to be gratified in the fact that he got to you. Showing less emotion in your response might really help your point and reduce his gratification. Better yet ignoring his response might be even better. But hey that's just IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, right. :thank_you2:

Dang, you were able to sneek in two opinions in one post. I try to limit myself to one. More than that I confuse myself. That's just my opinion though. When is comes to a$$holes, I may not be king but I have some royalty running through my veins.

Guns to not make people uncomfortable, people make people uncomfortable, carry open all the time in AZ and NM not an issue, if the visitors call the police they are told by well trained officers it is Legal. If you don't want to carry don't no skin off my nose. Carry concealed in Texas, all the time, don't leave home without it. Personally I don't care if you are comfortable or not, I am. Free country do as you wish, shelter in place and wait for police, 20 or thirty of them armed to the teeth to show up at your door, why do the police need guns, To Protect Themselves. God Bless America.

I understand only too well how annoying and tedious it is to counter posts filled with misinformation, attempts to spin and manipulate events to push an agenda, and just plain stupid stuff but....

If the misinformation, intentional spin, agenda, and BS is left unchallenged then it might be believed by those who are uninformed of the truth.

After all... that is exactly how we got to where the BS that "guns are bad" mantra spread by the anti gunners has come to be believed by entirely too many people who just don't know the truth. And..... any gun owners who talk down a part of keeping and bearing arms they don't happen to like are not only saying, but are perpetuating the anti gun myth, that "guns are bad".

I think, my opinion, we all need to counter any and all anti rights BS with the unvarnished truth every time we encounter it simply because it is past time for people to know and understand the truth about their rights.... not just swallow stupid myths and intentional misdirection pushing anti rights agendas.

And the most effective way of dealing with those who would spread that anti rights BS is to provide facts to those who are merely uninformed........... and to constantly request those who intentionally push lies, half lies, and spin to provide cites and/or links to actual facts that prove their statements are true. It is easy to see who is speaking truth and who is full of BS because those who don't have facts will resort to attempts to evade, or even ignore, requests for facts to back up what they say and then, when pressed, they will resort insulting and ridiculing anyone who dared to question them... but they never provide facts... because they never had any facts in the first place.

I have been reading posts from people who legally open carry and get into a confrontation with businesses. I would compare them to a woman whose attire leaves little to nothing to the imagination and then complains about the “unwanted” attention. It is my opinion that both are saying, “Hey, look at me!”
Businesses are places where businesspeople earn a living for themselves and their families. The businessperson may be a gun rights advocate, but must protect his business and his livelihood when his customers object or are uncomfortable knowing a firearm is in their midst. How would you feel if someone threatened your families’ livelihood? I know I would not be happy about it.
I do not ever plan on OC. It has not happened as yet, but if any business objects to my CC I will respect their right to make a living. I will not be belligerent, confrontational or vocal about it. If they are polite I will just leave. But if they are in my face, I will politely inform them that I am sorry but I will take my business elsewhere.
This part may step on some toes but I do not know how to say it other than being blunt. Anyone, while standing up for their gun rights, who would be confrontational, belligerent and loudly vocal may not have the proper temperament to carry a firearm. I would agree that we should always stand up for our gun rights. But I do not think the way to do it is to make a scene in public. The only thing that is proven that way is that there are some people who should not have a firearm. The Left is trying to make hay out of the Trayvon Martin case. We do not need a couple of hotheads pouring gasoline onto the fire.
Well said, sir.

Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
I have been reading posts from people who legally open carry and get into a confrontation with businesses. I would compare them to a woman whose attire leaves little to nothing to the imagination and then complains about the “unwanted” attention. It is my opinion that both are saying, “Hey, look at me!”
Businesses are places where businesspeople earn a living for themselves and their families. The businessperson may be a gun rights advocate, but must protect his business and his livelihood when his customers object or are uncomfortable knowing a firearm is in their midst. How would you feel if someone threatened your families’ livelihood? I know I would not be happy about it.
I do not ever plan on OC. It has not happened as yet, but if any business objects to my CC I will respect their right to make a living. I will not be belligerent, confrontational or vocal about it. If they are polite I will just leave. But if they are in my face, I will politely inform them that I am sorry but I will take my business elsewhere.
This part may step on some toes but I do not know how to say it other than being blunt. Anyone, while standing up for their gun rights, who would be confrontational, belligerent and loudly vocal may not have the proper temperament to carry a firearm. I would agree that we should always stand up for our gun rights. But I do not think the way to do it is to make a scene in public. The only thing that is proven that way is that there are some people who should not have a firearm. The Left is trying to make hay out of the Trayvon Martin case. We do not need a couple of hotheads pouring gasoline onto the fire.
I searched but I couldn't find any reference to the 2nd Amendment saying:

"Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."..... except when someone thinks their opinion should trump the rights of others.

I've said this before...

We are a Nation of rights...
Ruled by laws...
Composed of individuals who all have opinions.

When we start allowing the opinions of individuals..
to result in laws that restrict rights.....

We become a Nation of individuals...
who have NO rights but are...
ruled by the opinions of whoever is in power to make the laws.

But judging from many postings on many forums there is no shortage of folks who think their opinion should have the power to restrict the rights of others. It would appear there is no shortage of folks who think they are so superior they should set the criteria for who is "allowed" and who is "NOT ALLOWED" to have a gun simply due to their personal opinion.

Oh... and I wonder... how many concealed carriers who complain about open carriers confronting business owners ignore a businesses "no guns" policy and sneak your gun in anyway because "concealed means concealed really means I can get away with it"?

Besides the "opinion" part, you are welcome to your attempts at shaping the future for yourself and others however you wish as well.

Just recognize all actions have consequences.

I searched but I couldn't find any reference to the 2nd Amendment saying:

"Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."..... except when someone thinks their opinion should trump the rights of others.

I've said this before...

We are a Nation of rights...
Ruled by laws...
Composed of individuals who all have opinions.

When we start allowing the opinions of individuals..
to result in laws that restrict rights.....

We become a Nation of individuals...
who have NO rights but are...
ruled by the opinions of whoever is in power to make the laws.

But judging from many postings on many forums there is no shortage of folks who think their opinion should have the power to restrict the rights of others. It would appear there is no shortage of folks who think they are so superior they should set the criteria for who is "allowed" and who is "NOT ALLOWED" to have a gun simply due to their personal opinion.

Oh... and I wonder... how many concealed carriers who complain about open carriers confronting business owners ignore a businesses "no guns" policy and sneak your gun in anyway because "concealed means concealed really means I can get away with it"?

Sorry, the system will only let me like this once. Just imagine me continously hitting the like button.

As much as Chief and I would like to hit the like button more times there are some I have to hit the like button just so I can "UNLIKE" it!

Well said, sir.

I'm confused. Are you guys PRO 2A or not???

What I can't understand is that if the State allows open carry, and an ignorant citizen calls the police, why doesn't the police tell the caller that it isn't illegal to carry a gun, thanks for your cooperation, buh bye.

My unasked for opinion...

The anti gunner says:

"The world would be a safer place if we banned all guns except for the police who are trained to be safe with guns".

The anti gunner "lite" gun owner/carrier says:

"The world would be a safer place if we banned guns for folks who I think aren't trained enough to be safe with guns."

Funny thing is...

Both the anti gunner and the anti gunner "lite" share the same desire, the same I WANT to control who is "allowed" to have guns... just to different degrees ............ which makes the gun owner who wants to restrict the right to keep and bear arms in any way in favor of .......... gun control.

Comment....

Either we all, all of us!, have the right to keep and bear arms or all we have is a privilege controlled by whoever is powerful enough to control what others are "allowed" to do.

Now think on this....

The "concealed carry permit" is NOT the right to bear arms! Because the government controls who can have one, how much it costs, and how much training is required to get one, a carry permit is a privilege the government "allows" people to have.

Got that? A carry permit is the government's permission to exercise the right to bear arms in a concealed manner.

And government "permission" is in direct violation of.... "shall not be infringed".

And if we had the actual right to bear arms in any manner including concealed then there would not be any need to pay for, ask for, and qualify for, permission from the government.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back