Open carry confrontations

My unasked for opinion...

The anti gunner says:

"The world would be a safer place if we banned all guns except for the police who are trained to be safe with guns".

The anti gunner "lite" gun owner/carrier says:

"The world would be a safer place if we banned guns for folks who I think aren't trained enough to be safe with guns."

Funny thing is...

Both the anti gunner and the anti gunner "lite" share the same desire, the same I WANT to control who is "allowed" to have guns... just to different degrees ............ which makes the gun owner who wants to restrict the right to keep and bear arms in any way in favor of .......... gun control.

Comment....

Either we all, all of us!, have the right to keep and bear arms or all we have is a privilege controlled by whoever is powerful enough to control what others are "allowed" to do.

Now think on this....

The "concealed carry permit" is NOT the right to bear arms! Because the government controls who can have one, how much it costs, and how much training is required to get one, a carry permit is a privilege the government "allows" people to have.

Got that? A carry permit is the government's permission to exercise the right to bear arms in a concealed manner.

And government "permission" is in direct violation of.... "shall not be infringed".

And if we had the actual right to bear arms in any manner including concealed then there would not be any need to pay for, ask for, and qualify for, permission from the government.

Another one of those "Multiple Like" posts!

Originally Posted by Bikenut
My unasked for opinion...

The anti gunner says:

"The world would be a safer place if we banned all guns except for the police who are trained to be safe with guns".

The anti gunner "lite" gun owner/carrier says:

"The world would be a safer place if we banned guns for folks who I think aren't trained enough to be safe with guns."

Funny thing is...

Both the anti gunner and the anti gunner "lite" share the same desire, the same I WANT to control who is "allowed" to have guns... just to different degrees ............ which makes the gun owner who wants to restrict the right to keep and bear arms in any way in favor of .......... gun control.

Comment....

Either we all, all of us!, have the right to keep and bear arms or all we have is a privilege controlled by whoever is powerful enough to control what others are "allowed" to do.

Now think on this....

The "concealed carry permit" is NOT the right to bear arms! Because the government controls who can have one, how much it costs, and how much training is required to get one, a carry permit is a privilege the government "allows" people to have.

Got that? A carry permit is the government's permission to exercise the right to bear arms in a concealed manner.

And government "permission" is in direct violation of.... "shall not be infringed".

And if we had the actual right to bear arms in any manner including concealed then there would not be any need to pay for, ask for, and qualify for, permission from the government.
Another one of those "Multiple Like" posts!
More like an example of multiple different ways to express the same narrow-minded view: Blinders on, see only what I want to see."

Picture him hands banging ears repeating naa-naaa, naa-naa, over and over rocking in the fetal position. :laugh:

What I can't understand is that if the State allows open carry, and an ignorant citizen calls the police, why doesn't the police tell the caller that it isn't illegal to carry a gun, thanks for your cooperation, buh bye.

Actually, that probably does happen in a good many instances. But that won't be on the news.

Im not a big fan of Open Carry, You make unarmed civilians uncomfortable, you get police attention, you risk being shot first when robbery takes place, you risk being hit on the head and your firearm used to commit a crime. And don't even think just because you have a gun it means you will win a gunfight!
On the positive note, potential crime can also go away when a criminal know's there's another man with a gun in the area.

Open Carry is more of a statement these days.

get your concealed carry!

Yet another "expert" telling me how I should carry my gun based upon their theories that are not true in my location or situation.

More like an example of multiple different ways to express the same narrow-minded view: Blinders on, see only what I want to see."

Picture him hands banging ears repeating naa-naaa, naa-naa, over and over rocking in the fetal position. :laugh:
He who has nothing of value to contribute to the conversation resorts to ridicule and insults. Which is a typically pathetic progressive leftist .. right out of the Saul Alinsky Rules for Radicals... tactic attempting to aggrandize one's self by attempting to diminish and demean the topic of conversation.

Sad thing is.. those who still use the Saul Alinsky crap (including the Prez himself) haven't realized that nearly everyone has caught on to it and it isn't working anymore. And not only isn't it working anymore but it causes those who still use it to appear a bit outdated and rather silly.

For those few who might not be aware of the crap tactics the progressive leftists use please follow the link below for a rude awakening ... especially in reference to President Obama...

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals

Rules for Radicals
-snip-

"Obama learned his lesson well. I am proud to see that my father's model for organizing is being applied successfully beyond local community organizing to affect the Democratic campaign in 2008. It is a fine tribute to Saul Alinsky as we approach his 100th birthday." --Letter from L. DAVID ALINSKY, son of Neo-Marxist Saul Alinsky

Obama helped fund 'Alinsky Academy': "The Woods Fund, a nonprofit on which Obama served as paid director from 1999 to December 2002, provided startup funding and later capital to the Midwest Academy.... Obama sat on the Woods Fund board alongside William Ayers, founder of the Weather Underground domestic terrorist organization.... 'Midwest describes itself as 'one of the nation's oldest and best-known schools for community organizations, citizen organizations and individuals committed to progressive social change.'... Midwest teaches Alinsky tactics of community organizing."
-snip-

By Saul Alinsky - 1971

ok this is just my 2nd post and i have only read 4 pages of this thread, not sure if i want to continue. just my opinion!! in todays society we the ppl are soo concerned about the FEELINGS of other that we give up our own rights to suit a few who cant handle reality. if i open carry to town, walkin down the street and someone gets all scared and worked up cause they see my weapon, they call the cops and then i hafta put it away or whatever as to not OFFEND anyone else,,,,, well, what about my feelings,, what if im offended because that person invaded my rights, should i sue?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what a bunch of BS. ppl need to man up, woman up,( dont want to offend the ladies,,lol), and just deal with , we all have the RIGHT TO EXCERCISE OUR RITES,,, even if a few get offended,,,GET OVER IT!
carry however best suit your needs, who cares what others think, ITS YOUR RIGHT!!!!
GOD BLESS YOU, OUR COUNTRY, OUR CONSTITUTION,, OUR FREEDOM!

OH brother!! :frown:

I didnt get my CCW to be able to open carry , not opposed to it just dont see the need , but.............why are so many new permit holders running to the Walmarts to proudly display their holsterd handgun ?? It usually always ends with someone freaking out an ends up calling managers etc..............whats the point ??

Hasnt anything to do with man up or woman up................has to do with " just dont need the hassel ! ". We know someone is gonna say something , so what SET up the situation, whats the point ?? Kinda like having a chip on your shoulder isnt it ??

I didnt get my CCW to be able to open carry , not opposed to it just dont see the need , but.............why are so many new permit holders running to the Walmarts to proudly display their holsterd handgun ?? It usually always ends with someone freaking out an ends up calling managers etc..............whats the point ??
Got proof that people freak out? Got cites and/or links to actual incidents where that happens in any numbers great enough to be a concern? Or is that just what YOU are afraid will happen if you dare to open carry?

Hasnt anything to do with man up or woman up................has to do with " just dont need the hassel ! ". We know someone is gonna say something , so what SET up the situation, whats the point ?? Kinda like having a chip on your shoulder isnt it ??
Do you really think open carriers are wandering around with a "chip" on their shoulders? That is just as silly as saying concealed carriers are wandering around hiding their guns because they are too chicken to actually stand up for the right to bear arms...

See how that works?

As for the "man up" ... well... "man up" and provide cites and/or links to actual incidents where people freaked out and the open carrier got hassled. Just because you said so just doesn't cut it.

Now... I've been open carrying everywhere (where legal) everyday here in Michigan... oftentimes to township council meetings too. People do not run screaming nor do they get in my face telling me how terrible I am... children don't pee their pants (but many of them do ask questions drawing Mom or Dad into a conversation where they all learn more about the right to bear arms) and many people acknowledge with a nod or a smile... but a surprisingly number of folks stop to ask questions because they want to know if they can open carry too....so perhaps your personal fears are actually nothing but...

your own personal fears.

Look... it's a free country. If you don't like open carry then don't. But kindly refrain from trying to push an anti open carry agenda just because you don't like it. Because... it's a free country and everyone else gets to open carry (where legal) if they want to... despite your personal opinion.

Edited to add a general comment:

Why is it there is never a shortage of concealed carriers who feel the need to insult, ridicule, and even hassle, open carry yet it is rare to find an open carrier who feels the need to do the same to concealed carriers?

I personally wonder, a personal opinion if you will, if some concealed carriers demean, ridicule, and insult open carry merely because they are simply envious of those who open carry simply because those concealed carriers lack the courage to step up.

And one more time...

Those gun owners/gun carriers who think the right to keep and bear arms should be restricted according to their personal opinion of what kind of guns are "reasonable"... and who should not be "allowed"... and what manner of carry, concealed or open, is "appropriate".........

are just as much in favor of gun control as is the rabid anti gunner.

The only difference is in opinion as to what is................ "acceptable".

Edited to ask this question:

"So.. as a gun owner/carrier.. what are you? A proud supporter of the right to keep and bear arms or are you nothing but an anti gunner "lite" supporting gun control using your personal opinion of what you think is "acceptable" for other people to do?

Concealed carry advantages:
The bad guys don't know who is carrying and thus, anyone they confront is potentially on an equal playing field with them.

Concealed carry disadvantages:
Your concealed gun won't protect you until after the bad guy has started to attack you; concealed carry in most places, unlike oc, requires the issuance of a permit, which requires fingerprinting, training, and paying a fee.

Open carry advantages;
The sight of the gun provides a deterrent that concealed carry can't provide; wider range of choices on what can be carried due to size and weather not being factors.

Open carry disadvantages:
A bad guy may take out the open carrier first due to the perceived threat; open carriers are more likely to have the police called on them than concealed carriers are.

It's up to each person to weigh the risks vs the benefits and decide what is best for them; exercising your rights, however you choose to do so, should never be based on what others think.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD

Personally, I don't like Packer fans. I find them loud and irritating. They complain when they lose, get boisterous when they win and cry when they don't make the playoffs. Should everyone stop wearing Packers apparel just because I don't like them and might get offended? No! Suck it up and admit a right is a RIGHT, no matter who objects. I do not live in fear of another man's fear, which is what you are doing. Go Cowboys!

Link Removed

Not everyone agrees with my openly carried love for the Dallas Cowboys. Just like my handgun, I will not stop exercising my right to wear a Cowboys hat or jersey, no matter how many people spit on my car window, swear at me over the hat or tell me to take it off. You say tomato, I say tomāto, but "shall not be infringed" means interpretation, opinion and emotion are moot.

right to bear arms...
Why is it there is never a shortage of concealed carriers who feel the need to insult, ridicule, and even hassle, open carry yet it is rare to find an open carrier who feels the need to do the same to concealed carriers?

Because we are far more open-minded and far less bigoted than the rabid CC'ers.

I CC when I deem it to be in my better interests at some time and/or given location. I have no qualm about CC'ing and have no biases for or against this mode of carry. Quite the contrary, I both applaud and celebrate both modes and hope more people will carry on a regular basis, be it open, concealed, or both.

I keep hearing about people "freaking out", where are they? I've been OCing for over three years, and not once has some one freaked out. I went into my local police dept the other day to report a fender bender, the desk SGT handed me the paperwork and wished me a nice day. I'm still waiting for one of these negative encounters I've heard about. I wear tucked in shirts, and have no place to conceal a 1911 Govt. I dress for my comfort, and weather not to make somebody else happy. I also live in the land of Libertards of Olympia, WA. I have not had a single business to include my banks have any issue with it. Again I stress, I do not OC to say "look at me" since I'm old enough not to care what anybody thinks. I OC or CC for my personal comfort based mostly on the weather. (Can somebody tell me why I keep reading this thread?) I so hate the attitude of some here that they believe their way of carrying is the only acceptable method. Anybody that disagrees is wrong. For cryin' out loud just carry the way that makes you happy, and let everybody else do the same. Rant complete.

Because we are far more open-minded and far less bigoted than the rabid CC'ers.

I CC when I deem it to be in my better interests at some time and/or given location. I have no qualm about CC'ing and have no biases for or against this mode of carry. Quite the contrary, I both applaud and celebrate both modes and hope more people will carry on a regular basis, be it open, concealed, or both.
I too wish more people would carry regardless of whether it be OC or CC. I OC and CC at the same time. There are extremely rare occasions where I will CC and not OC. There are rare occasions when I will OC but not CC.

There are occasions when I OC and CC and just go about my daily business not caring if people see an exposed sidearm... and there are occasions when I OC for the express AND INTENTIONAL purpose of making a political statement (open carry events and attending township council meetings to require illegal anti gun ordinances be revoked come to mind)... and there are many occasions when people come up to me when I'm OC'ing and THEY start a conversation wanting to know all about the legalities and if they can do it too. There have been many occasions where a person has seen my open carry sidearm and, just out of the blue, thanked me for carrying.

I don't mind if folks decide to CC because I'm well aware there are legitimate valid reasons to CC. I do mind when folks try to justify their choice to CC by attacking OC with the same old misconceptions, myths, and a refusal to back up their negative statements with actual facts... because to OC is also a legitimate and valid decision.

Carry the way you want to carry. Just carry! Talk to all who are interested. Spread the knowledge, be informative. Let people know it's their right to carry. Grassroots the 2nd Amendment! If we all talk to one person a day, how it's their right to, we could change the way the uninformed see us as just the same people that they are. We just take self defense personally!

Got proof that people freak out? Got cites and/or links to actual incidents where that happens in any numbers great enough to be a concern? Or is that just what YOU are afraid will happen if you dare to open carry?

Do you really think open carriers are wandering around with a "chip" on their shoulders? That is just as silly as saying concealed carriers are wandering around hiding their guns because they are too chicken to actually stand up for the right to bear arms...

See how that works?

As for the "man up" ... well... "man up" and provide cites and/or links to actual incidents where people freaked out and the open carrier got hassled. Just because you said so just doesn't cut it.

Now... I've been open carrying everywhere (where legal) everyday here in Michigan... oftentimes to township council meetings too. People do not run screaming nor do they get in my face telling me how terrible I am... children don't pee their pants (but many of them do ask questions drawing Mom or Dad into a conversation where they all learn more about the right to bear arms) and many people acknowledge with a nod or a smile... but a surprisingly number of folks stop to ask questions because they want to know if they can open carry too....so perhaps your personal fears are actually nothing but...

your own personal fears.

Look... it's a free country. If you don't like open carry then don't. But kindly refrain from trying to push an anti open carry agenda just because you don't like it. Because... it's a free country and everyone else gets to open carry (where legal) if they want to... despite your personal opinion.

Edited to add a general comment:

I personally wonder, a personal opinion if you will, if some concealed carriers demean, ridicule, and insult open carry merely because they are simply envious of those who open carry simply because those concealed carriers lack the courage to step up.

And one more time...

Those gun owners/gun carriers who think the right to keep and bear arms should be restricted according to their personal opinion of what kind of guns are "reasonable"... and who should not be "allowed"... and what manner of carry, concealed or open, is "appropriate".........

are just as much in favor of gun control as is the rabid anti gunner.

The only difference is in opinion as to what is................ "acceptable".

Edited to ask this question:

"So.. as a gun owner/carrier.. what are you? A proud supporter of the right to keep and bear arms or are you nothing but an anti gunner "lite" supporting gun control using your personal opinion of what you think is "acceptable" for other people to do?

TLDR (look it up in the SMS dictionary)

TLDR (look it up in the SMS dictionary)

Any minute level of intelligence your post ever contained was overshadowed by this response. I would have had more respect if you would have just told him not to post anything you didnt approve of because any dissent would not be read or evaluated. Very immature.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back