New to CCW

mflem

Hello -

This is my first post on USA Carry and I just wanted to say hello.

I am brand new to the world of CCW. I live in Nashville, TN.

I am taking my safety class this month and expect to have my permit by the fall.

I am in the process of ordering a Walther PPS 40 cal with the 7 round mag and a Crossbreed SuperTuck IWB holster.

Welcome to usacarry May I suggest you click on the permit info link on top of the page and follow the links for reference materials for Tennesse gun laws

Thanks all. Doing lots of research these days and making sure I'm up on the laws. Fortunately TN seems pretty CCW friendly. Looking forward to getting out to the range.

Trying to make my ammo decisions right now.

I'm debating between Hornady Critical Defense and the Federal Hydra-Shok in the 165 or 180 grain for when I'm carrying.

Anyone have a favorite brand of cheap but reliable range ammo?

Welcome to the world of CCW and welcome to this forum. Get on this forum much because you will find plenty of interesting topics and people here. You will find a lot of help from the great grassroots information you can receive. I agree with Treo...go to your state's laws and read, read, read. Know what you can and can't do and where you can and can't do it. Check out:
Link Removed
and other sites just like it.

Welcome to the Forum mflem. You can learn a lot here listening to the knowledgeable people. And get a laugh too from both the smart people and the one's who just think they are! LOL Either way it's a good time. Have fun and stay safe!

Actually he is a great guy. Taught my HCP class and 12 years later, taught my wife.

You need to check out Guns & Leather in Hendersonville. Great selection of firearms and gear, as well as a great range.

sent from my sending device

A nice warm welcome from Missouri...Just dive in and get wet. We have a great forum here and a hell of a lot good knowledgeable people who will be willing to help you. Just be nice, OK? and ignore the trolls...they are not worth wasting your breath over them.

Mom, those of us who know Missouri weather, know by now ... that welcome may be close to 100°. :)

But it was nice today...honest!! Just 77° -- all my over 50 rose bushes are blooming well. 'Made my husband's day picking up a bunch for his desk...it is a nice warm welcome to him and to the OP'er. Next week it will be worst...we are all hoping for rain at least Sunday night, Monday morning so it will be really nice for our first time visitors to St. Louis.

Actually he is a great guy. Taught my HCP class and 12 years later, taught my wife.

You need to check out Guns & Leather in Hendersonville. Great selection of firearms and gear, as well as a great range.

Thanks. Have heard from a few folks about G&L. I'll check it out!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back