My first lever action...

KimberPB

I've wanted to add a lever action to my collection for some time now. I've never owned or shot one but have always thought they were interesting guns. Well, a buddy of mine called me to let me know someone had just brought one in on consignment. I stopped by his shop and it was a mint Marlin 1894 .357 carbine lever action. Talked to the guy some and was able to walk out the door with it for $425. Here she is. What do you guys think?

HPIM0584.jpg

HPIM0585.jpg

HPIM0586.jpg

Nice. I've always liked the lever actions. Just something appealing about the mechanical working. One of these days I'm going to find me a Henry lever action lying in the weeds!

lol yep some laided it in the weeds, rang the door bell, and ran. I guess they knew I'd give it a good and loving home. :biggrin:

Leave that laying in the weeds. I will come by and pick it up, so it don't rust out.
Can you cycle .38's through it?
I want one.

My next lever will be the Henry Big Boy .357/.38 spl., always wanted a Henry.:man_in_love: My three revolvers are .357 so it'll be nice to have a rifle of same caliber. Will be checking stores for best price tomorrow. Curious as to if anyone has a Henry, if so, how do you like it? So far I've heard only good things, zero negatives. :biggrin:

K*PB, Now that growen' season is here, could you grow either one of these?

Link Removed

It would be really kind of you to include one of these Large Lever Loops as well. I gotz big phat ahands..

Link Removed

Henry Repeating Arms.

I think you should stop buying guns.:sarcastic: or growing them, whatever. It's making me (and perhaps the rest of the community) feel kinda like we need to refinance or homes and tap into the equity:biggrin: I think the guns could be worth more than the house in the long run...

I miss mine. I sold a model 94 many years back and wish I had not. Oh well there's always next tax season...

Peace...

K*PB, Now that growen' season is here, could you grow either one of these?

Link Removed

It would be really kind of you to include one of these Large Lever Loops as well. I gotz big phat ahands..

Link Removed

Henry Repeating Arms.

No promises but I'll see what I can do. :biggrin:

I found a pretty good deal (works for me) on a new Henry Big Boy .357 today, pick it up tomorrow. Question..for any kind of defense purposes, is it really necessary to shoot HP ammo in a rifle? How about .357 JSP? And isn't a good 158gr. .38spl. enough to do the job from a rifle? Would appreciate everyone's input.

That is one sweet rifle KimberPB! I wanna get a lever action now but I'm worried my wife will lay claim to it like she did the 6.8 AR15. :laugh:

I found a pretty good deal (works for me) on a new Henry Big Boy .357 today, pick it up tomorrow. Question..for any kind of defense purposes, is it really necessary to shoot HP ammo in a rifle? How about .357 JSP? And isn't a good 158gr. .38spl. enough to do the job from a rifle? Would appreciate everyone's input.

Maybe check out a box or 2 of Hornaday LeverEvolution in .357.
Link Removed

Hey all, new to the forum and found this post and made me nostalgic so I had to post regarding the lever actions.

I absolutely love the lever action feel, especially in hunting situations..just something about the feel and the way they point for me.

I started hunting up in WA w/ a Model 94 30/30 in the trapper model, with saddle ring...short little sucker, but man is that a great brush gun. I hunted everything from coyotes to elk w/ the thing (only gun I had, so it had to do) never got to shoot an elk w/ it (luckily) as it would have to have been up close and a perfect shot) but it sure packs nice.

Took my first deer with it, and still to this day, i pull it out of its storage, load her up and hit the mountains at least once a year for hunting...its also my pack gun when I am scouting etc, its just so much easier carrying even w/o the shoulder strap etc that I prefer to carry that all day compared to my '06.

My ideal lever action, and gun that I really would love to have is the Marlin Guide Gun in 45/70...someday.

enjoy the new toy!

I have a Marlin 1894 in .44 mag/.44 special. It feeds both rounds easily.
I've been very pleased with it in terms of handling and accuracy. I'm sure the .357/.38 special is just as good.
The only difference I can see is that mine came with the checkering of the stock for about the same price as the plain one mentioned in the OP. Still, that's just cosmetics. It's the results that matter. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back