Michael Brown

Looters stealing camera equipment in Ferguson:

Bu-vCmFCAAAh9T2.jpg

Cops literally stealing journalists' equipment after first forcing them out of the area without a chance to pack up their gear. No receipts, no information given as to where and under what process they might retrieve their property (including the work-product contained inside).

The same biased press who helped get Obama elected twice are now targets of the same police state that Obama and Holder have spent the last six years militarizing, and now claim to be "objectively" investigating for civil rights violations against Michael Brown (and possibly more due to the cops' attacks on several peaceful protests in the four nights since the shooting). The incestuous irony is rich here.

Blues

Link Removed

Who is jumping the gun now?

Looters stealing camera equipment in Ferguson:

Bu-vCmFCAAAh9T2.jpg

Cops literally stealing journalists' equipment after first forcing them out of the area without a chance to pack up their gear. No receipts, no information given as to where and under what process they might retrieve their property (including the work-product contained inside).

The same biased press who helped get Obama elected twice are now targets of the same police state that Obama and Holder have spent the last six years militarizing, and now claim to be "objectively" investigating for civil rights violations against Michael Brown (and possibly more due to the cops' attacks on several peaceful protests in the four nights since the shooting). The incestuous irony is rich here.

Blues

And here's the video that the above collage was taken from. The tear gas was fired at only journalists. Not a protester in sight. After they scattered, cops move in in an MRAP to steal their gear, and then start in on those shooting the video that incriminates them. On balance, in all the video I've seen, there are many more thugs depicted in these videos than in the nightly protests. In fact, last night I was watching quite a bit of live streaming from different locations, and every time another flash-bang or gas grenade went off, there was no bottles or rocks or anything else being thrown by the protesters preceding it, at least not in camera view. The cameras were not all trained exclusively on the cops though, they were panning back and forth with the videographer relating what he observed from both sides. Most of the time, the protesters had their hands in the air repeating the now-familiar refrain, "Hands up! Don't shoot!" Then out of nowhere, BANG! Just like what you see with the unsuspecting journalists here:

Just to be clear as to whether or not this relates to any topic previously being discussed here, do you consider the witnesses who have come forward to be among those "community organizers?"
I don't know who they are, and that's the point. I have no more reason to trust them blindly than I do the cop.

It is just as likely for witnesses to lie as for the cop(s).

I don't believe EITHER of them... YET.

That of course is entirely besides the thuggish and criminal behavior of the cops AFTER the shooting. When cops try to stop photography of what they're doing, it's GUARANTEED that they're up to no good or are planning to be.

If there was no news coverage/media presence would the riots even happen in the first place. Attention whores are impotent when there are no cameras present.

If there was no news coverage/media presence would the riots even happen in the first place. Attention whores are impotent when there are no cameras present.
It's immaterial. The cops don't get to discard the 1st Amendment when its inconvenient to them.

When the cops don't want to be filmed, it's almost always because they're committing crimes.

Link Removed

Who is jumping the gun now?

Instead of linking an article that is quoting the spokesperson for the St. Charles County Sheriff’s department regarding this incident as its only source, how about linking an article that details the victim's account. From Obama urges Ferguson protesters to unite under common values | Al Jazeera America:

Al Jazeera journalists covering the protests in Ferguson on Wednesday night were also tear gassed and shot at with rubber bullets by police.

"Al Jazeera America is stunned by this egregious assault on freedom of the press that was clearly intended to have a chilling effect on our ability to cover this important story," said Kate O'Brian, president of Al Jazeera America.

In response to questions at a news conference on Thursday about why reporters were harassed, Ferguson police chief Jackson said, "I don't know."

When an Al Jazeera reporter piped in about being the target of police tear gas, Jackson said, “The media is not a target.”

See also Link Removed and Link Removed.

I call the St. Charles County Sheriff’s department's statement total BS. There has been no "thank you for firing tear gas at us and taking down our equipment" statement from Al Jazeera America or the journalists involved. The St. Charles County Sheriff’s department clearly took a page out of Putin's and Russia Today's playbook in making stuff up as they go.

Despite liking the suggestion - on The Five- in terms of putting up cameras in public areas to enforce more transparency. that's dangerous dangerous territory. Uncle Sam will surely piggy back that platform to patriot act the hell out of us.

Storylines speaking of cops turning cameras to face the ground? What in the world are they thinking.

Andrea Tantaros made a good suggestion. The LE should've invited media to "come along" with them- now after yesterday not sure who would. But then again we have troopers taking over.

Despite liking the suggestion - on The Five- in terms of putting up cameras in public areas to enforce more transparency. that's dangerous dangerous territory. Uncle Sam will surely piggy back that platform to patriot act the hell out of us.

Officer and police car mounted cameras, yes. British-style CCTV, no. Uncontrolled data gathering, no.

Storylines speaking of cops turning cameras to face the ground? What in the world are they thinking.

Just what a militarized police force would be thinking: I am the law. I can do what ever I want. If you don't follow my orders, I will arrest you for some made up reason. If you resist, I will shoot you into compliance.

Andrea Tantaros made a good suggestion. The LE should've invited media to "come along" with them- now after yesterday not sure who would. But then again we have troopers taking over.

Hell no! Embedding media into domestic police action is as disastrous as embedding them with the military abroad. This would result in the media reporting the police narrative, becoming effectively state media. We don't need more John Walsh's.

It's immaterial. The cops don't get to discard the 1st Amendment when its inconvenient to them.

When the cops don't want to be filmed, it's almost always because they're committing crimes.
I'm not defending the cops, and I am all for filming/audio recording the cops, and I agree cops don't want to be filmed.

My point was, that the demonstrators DO want to be filmed for without the presence of the media and their cameras it would have taken their steam away.

Not real sure how you figure this is a 1A issue, rioting, vandalism and looting are protected by the constitution, damn who knew.

I'm not defending the cops, and I am all for filming/audio recording the cops, and I agree cops don't want to be filmed.

My point was, that the demonstrators DO want to be filmed for without the presence of the media and their cameras it would have taken their steam away.

Not real sure how you figure this is a 1A issue, rioting, vandalism and looting are protected by the constitution, damn who knew.

The cops who fired tear gas at a "gang" of journalists without warning, driving them out of the area so they could do whatever they wanted with their equipment, decidedly is a 1A issue. You have heard of a "free press" right?

Theft and property damage are illegal.

Filming the police isn't.

At 8:42- the Chief of Ferguson arrived to give the name of the officer involved: Officer Darren Wilson 6 yrs. With no disciplinary action record.

On another hand- Captain Johnson had a successful approach as of far- in terms of how last night turned out. I liked his approach- of "we are here in it together" - Walking alongside the protestors and not allowing his guys to wear gas masks. He is a neighbor to the people of Ferguson.

But I also feel that many of the protesters cut him slack because - 1) they wanted to highlight the message to media that STL County is a dept capable of extreme brutality- so in cooperation w/ peaceful protests w/ the troopers- they might be delivering the message: see? the problem was not us. we were not instigating and looking for trouble. the problem has been STL County all along. And 2) Captain Johnson is black- so it helped the protestors- the majority of which are black- to be able to identify with this man- and to want to make sure that someone from their own community (capt johnson lives there) - does not get hurt.

Obviously- he gets much credit regardless- because his approach still took a lot of courage- he walked with no riot gear on- after all the violence that has occurred via both sides. He was very proactive- visiting around the community. But was his success somewhat implied because of his close ties to the community- and has this only further damaged the publics mistrust and faith in LE- as well as furthered the gap of confidence that Ferguson and surrounding towns- have placed in Ferguson & STL County LE?

Sharpton will be back next week- Just great.

Officer Darren Wilson- was at a sick call nearby when another officer was called to a "strong arm" robbery at a nearby convenience mart. The suspect left and officer wilson left his sick call to go to the store- then later apprehended mike brown.

The Officer's Statement: while on the sick call, he received a call for stealing at progress (adjacent to the store in question)- black man with white t shirt walking west bound on ferguson. Goes to the store. The employee there pointed in the direction of QT and says, he went that way. But the officer could not see him. He reviewed the copy of surveillance: 1153-1154am- Brown enters the store, followed by Johnson, brown approaches register and hands a box of swisher sweets (approx. $49 carton) and hands to johnson. Johnson sets the box on counter, as employee approaches. So Johnson takes another carton- The employee attempts to stop brown- and brown grabs him by the shirt- and brown leaves. The employee steps out of the store- perhaps to follow- and brown abruptly turns around and towers over the employee.
The report holds up video screen shots of the physical struggle between brown and the employee- who is about a foot shorter.

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/14/report-police-to-release-name-of-officer-who-shot-mike-brown-friday/

Crowds have gathered at the site of the name release, which is QT- and they are starting to chant angrily- because the Chief announced that he will release the name and some pieces of information- as well as hand out information packets to everyone- regarding info they requested- but that he would not be answering any questions at the site- but would answer them later on in the day.

Wait- are the crowds angry because the chief doesn't want to stay and answer questions? Or are they angry because they're realizing there is more to this story than a boy walking to his grandmother's, minding his own business. The "witness" Dorian Johnson, has now been named as the second suspect.

Officer Darren Wilson- was at a sick call nearby when another officer was called to a "strong arm" robbery at a nearby convenience mart. The suspect left and officer wilson left his sick call to go to the store- then later apprehended mike brown.

The Officer's Statement: while on the sick call, he received a call for stealing at progress (adjacent to the store in question)- black man with white t shirt walking west bound on ferguson. Goes to the store. The employee there pointed in the direction of QT and says, he went that way. But the officer could not see him. He reviewed the copy of surveillance: 1153-1154am- Brown enters the store, followed by Johnson, brown approaches register and hands a box of swisher sweets and hands to johnson. The employee attempts to stop brown- and brown grabs him by the shirt- and brown leaves. The employee steps out of the store- perhaps to follow- and brown abruptly turns around and towers over the employee.
The report holds up video screen shots of the physical struggle between brown and the employee- who is about a foot shorter.

Officers name released; Michael Brown allegedly involved in convenience store theft | FOX2now.com

Menacing last time I checked was at most a misdemeanor...not a capital crime.

Menacing last time I checked was at most a misdemeanor...not a capital crime.

Incidents of what occurred between approaching Brown on the street- to the point of the excessive shooting- has not been given yet. A lot of things were left out due to investigation. The point is people have been jumping to conclusions- and this is an "update" to a popular media story- of some boys walking to a grandmother's house, minding their own business.

Now the reporter pulled a person out of the crowd- to ask for his opinions. He says- they news reports are "sugar coating" and "something is not adding up"- he was going to go to college. Why would someone steal a box of "black and milds" 1-2 days before they go to college? Something is not adding up!

Mike Brown did not have a single family photo- not a single school/yearbook photo- for which one would think that if their child were to pass- they would give the best photos of them at their best moments. A lot of which are in the above mentioned categories. Which cost money. Maybe they have them- and just decided not to use those pictures and instead preferred to use pictures such as the one with him wearing headphones instead. Hard to imagine- but i'm sure its certainly possible- that his parents were able to get funds together (no matter how small) - for college. I would like to see documents backing up both sides of the story. Even though its not relevant to investigation- i would like to see proof of his enrollment in college.

Howdy,

The militarization of the LEO community started under Reagan and exploded under Lil' George. When the LEO Community expanded it's militarization under Lil' George it was done so that the Right could feel safer and anyone that didn't agree and go along with the "Plan" was called "unPatriotic" and "unAerican" and were accused of supporting terrorist.

After it's already happened, it's awfully hard to undo something that's already been done.

Back on topic:

Looks like a couple of witnesses have came forward and have told similar stories on what happened.

Looks like Brown never tried to unarm the cop and once he broke free from the cop he ran away. The cop shot him once in the back, Brown stopped running, turned around with his hands raised in a "I surrender" position the cop shot him numerous times in the chest and head.

It will be interesting to hear the cop's side of the story.

Like I've posted before, just because they are fleeing, doesn't mean they are no longer a threat since in my area, Central Arkansas, the hoodies like to point their gun behind them and fire into the crowd as they run away.

So, to me it isn't that big of an issue that the cop shot at and hit Brown in the back as he ran away. The threat didn't end just because he was running away.

But, as soon as he raised his empty hands up in an "I surrender" position, turned around and faced the cop and said something like "You don't have to shot me anymore." and the cop emptied a magazine into him, well, that's a different story.

Just my $.02 and your mileage MAY vary.

Paul

Can someone help me with this? There is a Sergeant Darren R Wilson- that works for st. Louis county police. He is the president of the Ethical Society of Police Members in St. Louis. He's a major black rights for police activist. I tried calling the office- no pick up of course- to see if he is the same Officer Darren Wilson currently in question- who has served for only 6 years. (Most people don't make sergeant in 6 years). I know sergeants respond to some calls- but its more a patrolmen's area to respond to a sick call. But would still like to know

Black officers call for changes to ease racial tension in St. Louis police : News

UPDATE- I was wrong- its a different darren wilson

Yes, Representative Hank Johnson (D-Ga.), a gun control advocate and race baiter:

Link Removed
Rep. Hank Johnson on NRA: ‘They Still Cannot Get Over’ That Obama Is ‘Black’ | CNS News

From Link Removed:

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for gun rights. I welcome feedback from my constituents and appreciate your interest.

While I respect the right of Americans to defend themselves, to hunt, and to collect and enjoy firearms, I do not believe these rights are absolute. I believe that reasonable limits should be placed on the ability to purchase and use guns. I favor strict background checks for prospective gun owners and believe that assault rifles belong solely in the hands of our soldiers, not on our streets and in our homes.

There is a reasonable middle ground on this issue. I hope we can find a compromise that will enable us to be tough on crime and keep our children safe without denying decent Americans the right to self-defense and recreation.

I am always eager to hear your concerns and look forward to working with you in the future. For more information, please visit my office online at Link Removed. Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Henry C. "Hank" Johnson
Member of Congress

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back