Michael Brown

http://youtu.be/2zyhOW-8Zcc

"What goes on around you... compares little with what goes on inside you."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The sheep do not want the dog around. He looks too much like the wolf. He remind them that danger lurks out there, just beyond the relative safety of the fence.
The wolf also hate the dog. He knows that it is the dog that stands between him and his prey. It is because of the dog that he is lean. The dog is the reason the wolf is forced to stalk the darkness.
The dog knows these facts. Undeterred, he stands watch, ever ready to do battle. Despite that he is an unwelcome guest in their midst, the dog is ready, at a moments notice, to give his life in defense of his flock. It is simply who he is."
- Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

http://youtu.be/2zyhOW-8Zcc

"What goes on around you... compares little with what goes on inside you."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The sheep do not want the dog around. He looks too much like the wolf. He remind them that danger lurks out there, just beyond the relative safety of the fence.
The wolf also hate the dog. He knows that it is the dog that stands between him and his prey. It is because of the dog that he is lean. The dog is the reason the wolf is forced to stalk the darkness.
The dog knows these facts. Undeterred, he stands watch, ever ready to do battle. Despite that he is an unwelcome guest in their midst, the dog is ready, at a moments notice, to give his life in defense of his flock. It is simply who he is."
- Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
I viewed that video.. it made me fill -up a little, it also made me mad. the guy talking sounded like a tough guy, a seasoned veteran of the police force, who chose to put his life on the line everyday... Cops don't get the respect they should.. but without them our world would crumble.. they are put between the rock and a hard place every day because of people like Michael Brown and these thousands that support his life style and the Al Sharptons of the world.. Cops don't become Cop so they can kill people... they become cops to make the world they live in better for their families and those they care about.. No Im not a cop leg humper.. But I do respect the uniform they wear. IM grateful that they have not thrown in the towel.. Its getting harder and harder to find good qualified men and women to wear the uniform because of the Al Sharptons of the world...
THanks for the video.. it put things in perspective

I viewed that video.. it made me fill -up a little, it also made me mad. the guy talking sounded like a tough guy, a seasoned veteran of the police force, who chose to put his life on the line everyday... Cops don't get the respect they should.. but without them our world would crumble.. they are put between the rock and a hard place every day because of people like Michael Brown and these thousands that support his life style and the Al Sharptons of the world.. Cops don't become Cop so they can kill people... they become cops to make the world they live in better for their families and those they care about.. No Im not a cop leg humper.. But I do respect the uniform they wear. IM grateful that they have not thrown in the towel.. Its getting harder and harder to find good qualified men and women to wear the uniform because of the Al Sharptons of the world...
THanks for the video.. it put things in perspective
Not to ruin the video for you but the guy talking is actually Al Pacino from the movie "Any Given Sunday". Could very well have applied to law enforcement though and doesn't change anything about the video for me.

when I viewed that video and saw the cop standing at the podium.. it didn't look like an actor or Al Pacino.. obviously now that you mentioned the voice, it is Al Pacino... but the whole video looked authentic... I also believe in the words Al Pacino used and could have been written by an actual cop who was a technical advisor in the movie. Sometime, strong emotion have to come by someone wearing the shoes and the uniform. The director did a masterful job in making it believable. IM fairly sure all or most of the snippets in that vid were authentic.. My point being that if anyone deserves any disrespect, its the Al Sharptons of the world, guy who only fuel the fire, for their own selfish end... Al Sharpton could not hold a legitimate job.

when I viewed that video and saw the cop standing at the podium.. it didn't look like an actor or Al Pacino.. obviously now that you mentioned the voice, it is Al Pacino... but the whole video looked authentic... I also believe in the words Al Pacino used and could have been written by an actual cop who was a technical advisor in the movie. Sometime, strong emotion have to come by someone wearing the shoes and the uniform. The director did a masterful job in making it believable. IM fairly sure all or most of the snippets in that vid were authentic.. My point being that if anyone deserves any disrespect, its the Al Sharptons of the world, guy who only fuel the fire, for their own selfish end... Al Sharpton could not hold a legitimate job.
Yeah most of the clips are actual dash cam videos, but all are 100% authentic law enforcement encounters. And I'm like you, at first it looked and sounded just like the guy at the podium was making the speech. Had I not seen the movie I would have never known.

If the unconstitutional part of the code section is what was cited in the grand jury hearings, what does it matter "why" the law is still on the books? What does it matter "why" if, when asked specifically about that law by a juror, the ADA who gave it to them to begin with told them, "As far as you need to know, just don't worry about that." The video I posted describes exactly what the difference is between the Garner-compliant law and the part that should have been struck from MO codes almost 30 years ago. You're going to have to ask someone in the MO legislature why it's taken so long to begin to address the problem, and you're going to have to ask McCulloch and Alizadeh why they cited a provision of the law that has been ruled unconstitutional before Alizadeh was even a lawyer, and then dismissed a juror's question outright when asked specifically about the implications of the Supreme Court ruling for them. I can't tell you why, I can only provide the quotes and citations and hope that you have enough integrity to recognize and admit that it was a phony, corrupted process that let Wilson off the hook. Sadly, that ship has sailed though.

Your opinions notwithstanding, the fact that I approve of the outcome is not due to the manner with which it was accomplished. What you fail to understand is that I think an indictment and a trial would have arrived at the same verdict, but that a trial in this environment could have possibly resulted in a public opinion induced verdict (like OJ) and might have resulted in a Holder/Obama/Sharpton approved conviction of an innocent man.

Your implication being, of course, that I have advocated for taking to "the streets" in riots, looting and arson. Like I said above, your Integrity Ship has sailed long ago.
Wow, I agree with you and you go on the attack at a personal level. My implication "of course" was that the only action being taken (other than verbal gymnastics by Holder) is taking it to the streets. No more, no less. It should be investigated further and those that thought to circumnavigate justice held accountable. I feel confident that if the full weight of the justice system was brought to bear, the same result would be achieved and no minds that are already convinced would be appeased by the outcome.

You Selective Quoting insurance policy has been canceled due to a fraudulent claim.

I added the appropriate "..." indicating that I had indeed selectively quoted what you said. Any perceived deceit is in your own mind. My point about your "nugget of wisdom" is that it applies in this situation as well. Had Michael Brown not defied a lawful request from a cop to get out of the street, NONE of the rest would have followed. Period. No facts or eyewitnesses can change that. I agreed with your opinion on preventing a confrontation, and am harassed for it. I hope that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

Indeed.

Blues

Indeed. I think you should go back through your memory and recall all the times we have agreed on most topics in this forum. Then I would like you to examine why you have become so irate at the fact that we disagree on this subject. Do not lump me in with the likes of some of the inane babblers on here just because you choose not to examine my opinion on this without your rose colored glasses. Think about it.

Sure he could. Sh!t stirrer at a wastewater treatment plant. We all know he is an agitator.
Well. He doesn't have to drop his trousers and add to the effluent pool, increasing the stench, and assuring job security as long as he keeps eating...

Link Removed
I’ve been watching all the commentary and punditry surrounding these recent police shootings in the news. Folks are coming up with curt slogans and railing about conversations on race. However, there is a very simple lesson to be learned from the events of Ferguson, Staten Island, Missoula Montana, Brooklyn and now in Orlando — the actions of an individual have consequences.

It seems everyone has forgotten a fundamental principle — individual responsibility and accountability. Lost in many of the conversations is a foundational fact — individuals made decisions, a choice based upon their freewill, that led to a consequence.

What I can not understand is how our Nation can protest the killing of a felon who attacked a cop in a life threatening manner. The Federal Grand jury found the shooting to be justifiable... there was never any hands up Don't shoot.. it was proven that those allegations were false.. the Grand jurors were a panel of citizens, both black and white to discover evidence that refuted any wrongful action by Darren Wilson.. So my confusion is that the Nation of protestors, is protesting that an act of felony assault should be ok, and the protection of his personal life was not.. This makes a mockery of our legal system.. same with the New York choke hold incident. The perpetrator was breaking the law... he was ordered on the ground. when he refused he was taken down to the ground.. IM sure his close to 400 lb body had something to do with his death he could not breath because they were restraining him , had he not fount back this would not have happened.. and yes he lost his life,, not for illegally selling cigarettes, but resisting "RESISTING " arrest. in Both cases and under the scrutiny of the world, this take down was by the book. Police have to treat criminals in a manner that insures the polices; safety. This is how they are taught... Criminals, do criminal things including felony assault on police officers.. this is why they try to get a criminal in hand cuffs immediately. When a criminal is facing arrest and jail, they can turn violent.. and in the New York case a Big 400 lb man is a time bomb that needs to be defused immediately..

So in closing here, someone tell me why our society allows for the protests of people condoning law breakers and wants to crucify those defending the law with their life everyday. I can understand that as a Nation anyone has the right to peaceful protest. But why are so many people both black and white protesting this as if the actions of the Police in Ferguson and New York in taking down criminals was anything but justifiable.. in both cases if Michael Brown or the New York criminal.. if they had complied with police directives both would still be alive but in jail for their crimes... Are the protestors saying that they want lawlessness to go unanswered by the police. And if resistance by a criminal is life threatening to the cop, then the cop should allow himself to be inflicted with bodily harm.
I do not see the logic here.. No one wants to see anyone killed, but where do so many people get off protesting lawlessness .

too many people in political office are empathetic to these protests.. as if those in political office are supporting this notion of lawlessness.. where are those politicians supporting Darren Wilson.. for doing his job, and how unfortunate it is that a cop doing his job, has lost his job.. he was found innocent of any wrong doing , yet he has become the victim in a case where a black thug was killed for being a thug. and what appears to be the media, politicians , and a portion of the public is supporting the views of people Like Al Sharpton.. why aren't people protesting the protestors.. why aren't people out supporting Darren Wilson.. Our legal system found him to be innocent. Allow this lawlessness to continue, and our society will decay beyond repair. As I have said before.. Cops don't become cops to kill people.. they become cops to make the world a better place for their families and community... they put their life on the line to accomplish this mission.. are there bad cops.. sure? but Cop become cops to make the world a better place for all of us. Cops deserve respect . Only the lawless disrespects them for their service.. because cops are what stands in their way to do what they want to do, break the law. Like the guy in New York, and Michael Brown, and all those who choose to break the law, black or white. I've also said remove the Cops from Ferguson Mo. and it would become a burnt out ghost town in a few years.

In America Truth Is Whatever You Need It To Be.

Life I Good. :dance3:

MARANATHA! :victory:

I'd be interested to know how that site knows the two dead men testified, but assuming they got it right, we'll have to file this one under the heading of, "The Law of Unintended Consequences"......

I don't know, but once it goes past riots and knee-jerk rage into taking out collaborators, it starts looking less like disorganized chaos and more like a budding revolution.

I guess the grand jury didn't have the last word after all. Yep, unintended consequences....

What I can not understand is how our Nation can protest the killing of a felon who attacked a cop in a life threatening manner. The Federal Grand jury found the shooting to be justifiable... there was never any hands up Don't shoot.. it was proven that those allegations were false.. the Grand jurors were a panel of citizens, both black and white to discover evidence that refuted any wrongful action by Darren Wilson.. So my confusion is that the Nation of protestors, is protesting that an act of felony assault should be ok, and the protection of his personal life was not.. This makes a mockery of our legal system.. same with the New York choke hold incident. The perpetrator was breaking the law... he was ordered on the ground. when he refused he was taken down to the ground.. IM sure his close to 400 lb body had something to do with his death he could not breath because they were restraining him , had he not fount back this would not have happened.. and yes he lost his life,, not for illegally selling cigarettes, but resisting "RESISTING " arrest. in Both cases and under the scrutiny of the world, this take down was by the book. Police have to treat criminals in a manner that insures the polices; safety. This is how they are taught... Criminals, do criminal things including felony assault on police officers.. this is why they try to get a criminal in hand cuffs immediately. When a criminal is facing arrest and jail, they can turn violent.. and in the New York case a Big 400 lb man is a time bomb that needs to be defused immediately..

So in closing here, someone tell me why our society allows for the protests of people condoning law breakers and wants to crucify those defending the law with their life everyday. I can understand that as a Nation anyone has the right to peaceful protest. But why are so many people both black and white protesting this as if the actions of the Police in Ferguson and New York in taking down criminals was anything but justifiable.. in both cases if Michael Brown or the New York criminal.. if they had complied with police directives both would still be alive but in jail for their crimes... Are the protestors saying that they want lawlessness to go unanswered by the police. And if resistance by a criminal is life threatening to the cop, then the cop should allow himself to be inflicted with bodily harm.
I do not see the logic here.. No one wants to see anyone killed, but where do so many people get off protesting lawlessness .

What Federal Grand Jury? There has only been a MO GJ so far. The Federal gov't only this week release the military autopsy. Which agreed with the other two.

What Federal Grand Jury? There has only been a MO GJ so far. The Federal gov't only this week release the military autopsy. Which agreed with the other two.

Whether or not people discussing this agree on what the evidence shows, they should at least make themselves aware of the limited details that are available to base their conclusions upon. It's difficult to take as valid any opinion that starts with two egregious falsehoods; 1) that there even has been a federal grand jury convened, and 2) that any grand jury would or could determine a shooting was justifiable or not. A GJ saying they found no probable cause to indict on a given shooting incident, is not the same as saying a shooting was justifiable, and it's not their job, or within their legal authority, to determine that to begin with.

ET seems to brag about all the people he's got on ignore. I guess he's also got all the sources of accurate information on ignore too. And in this case, I'm not talking about a media source, I'm talking about federal and state code sections that describe a grand jury's duties, responsibilities and authorities. Crack open a book fer cryin' out loud.

Blues

When the FBI got involved with this case and was interviewing witnesses and collecting their testimony... The Federal Government got involved... Being interviewed by a Federal agency, the true story came out and prior witness recanted their stories under federal investigation.. so this case was not your typical state GJ. While the actual Grand jury was a State function, where these jurors had already been chosen to deal with other grand jury issues... there was no special favor in this case. The only thing that was different was the scope of testimony and the number of witnesses.
When the grand jury found that there was not enough evidence to indict Wilson.. that was the end of it, by State law... it didn't even make it to court where he still could have been found innocent. But with the preponderance of the evidence, the case was not even worth a court trial.
This is the point I was making a federal investigation and a credible GJ that was picked to serve a period of time for many GJ cases. . they happened to draw this case.. So all of the evidence presented pointed to no indictment, meaning Wilson acted in a manner consistent with MO law. I fond it difficult for people to do the " Yea But " grabbing for straws in a pathetic attempt to say that Michael Brown was a victim... he was historically a thug...Wilson was historically a good servant of the community .. why do so many people see that all of a sudden Brown became an angel and Wilson become a rouge cop.. It didn't happen.. Brown would have been dead in a year anyway because his life's path was not gong to get any better. The Mini mart owner could have taken his life a few hours earlier.. There is not a rational person on this earth that could say that Brown had every right to reach into the police car punch Wilson and then go for his gun. what 18 year old do this?? You would have to be insane to condone this of your child... The FBI had plenty of witnessed testimony, and the GJ could not find any evidence that would refute the accounts by Wilson , yet the GJ threw out all of the witness testimony that was in direct conflict with the physical evidence. meaning many of the witness lied to the GJ and the FBI investigators. its what the thug mentality does, and those who stand with the protestors who condone this lawlessness, and support physical resistance to police officers in the commission of their duties to protect and defend the honest people of the community, are the cancer that will unravel our society.

You can hold anyone to the letter of the law.. you can push for a grand jury investigation, and when the GJ makes its finding,
"IT's Over "... this is how the law works... Like an immature cry baby.,. when you don't get your way, you cry foul..... the thugs of the country are all swarming like sharks smelling blood to " Get them a Cop" any cop... payback for a few bad cops.... That's not America, that's a lawless group of thugs looking to get over, this is what Al Sharpton preaches.. .

She doesn't have all her facts straight, she's not a great orator, but she nails it on the head at the end.
…But we supposed to protest and stand up for him, knowing damn well if Mike Brown was in our hood he would a fu***d one a ya’ll n*****s up, and ya’ll would a went and shot him. So spare me with the fu***n bleedin heart bull***t

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back