Michael Brown

Seems like the current law enforcement in charge is having a fun day arresting a journalist and a 90-year old woman:

Getty Photographer Scott Olson Arrested At Ferguson Protest (UPDATED)
Hedy Epstein, 90-Year-Old Holocaust Survivor, Arrested During Ferguson Protest

Next up. Tear gas. If you watch live TV right now, the loud beeping noise is the indication that crap is about to happen. It is an acoustic dispersion method (Link Removed).

yes it most certainly could have been over stolen cigars. Not that the cop knew anything about those stolen cigars but that Brown had just stolen some cigars and here comes a cop. Would it not be logical that to Brown the cop was coming after him for stealing cigars?

In short.. it could easily have been Brown thinking the cop was there to arrest him for stealing cigars that caused the encounter to become violent

Please note I said "could".............. as just another way of looking at that part of the incident.

Edited to add:
Someone else somewhere, not even sure if it was on this particular forum, first posted the idea that to Brown the cop was there over stolen cigars.
And that the arrest would nullify his chances at college.

It's all going to be OK now.....

http://news.msn.com/us/obama-time-to-review-local-police-militarization

Obama says we need to review the militarization of police and is sending Eric Holder to fix things.

My eyes are glued to the tv. Its been doing live non stop broadcast. My loved one has been working the riot these past days. I pray for all the safety of the peaceful protestors and the LE. I can't help but admire the courage of the peaceful protestors- despite not agreeing with their cause- that they are out there trying to get their message across amidst all this danger. Seems like most families with kids- have cleared out of the danger area.

There are protestors that are wearing bullet proof vests. And are being stopped and questioned by police for it. and even media is questioning the vest wearing as suspicious- How is that suspicious? Clearly a lot of these people are distrustful of the police- and if they see LE equipped w/ gas masks and bullet proof vests- then why should they be stopped and questioned for wearing protective gear?

Around 11:40: After media reports the crowd as being relatively calm compared to previous nights, tear gas is deployed.

Added at 11:45PM

Police say: "You need to disperse, or you will be subject to arrest. If you are credentialed media, you need to move to your designated area. Do it now"

They have yellow tape set up- and keep telling media- do not step out of the tape- get back behind the tape. The tape borders the streetlights/street.

11:54PM LE including City Chief, Sam Dotson- personally walks up to media to tell everyone to leave. This is possibly due to reports of shots fired in area.

Firefighterchen,

Initially, your response was viewed as somewhat facetious. A second look shows a possibility I was mistaken. If that's the case, my bad.

Hurt feelings? Not a chance.

Whenever I see something like this, where there are mindless acts of violence which work CONTRARY to the putative narrative, I look for the Revolutionary Communist Party. Sure enough, there are multiple reports that they're coming into Ferguson from CHICAGO.

I hadn't been watching much of the riot footage (there really wasn't that much that was useful), but sure enough, I started seeing sketchy looking White guys committing acts of violence in a majority Black area.

When I lived in Chicago, the RCP was trying to round up gullible Black people to start a "revolution" in which most of the cannon fodder would be uneducated Black people. My student adviser at DePaul University Law School was an ANC member who'd actually BEEN in a revolution. He did pro-bono legal work in the Black community and spent a lot of time following behind the RCP, trying to undo their "work".

It's all going to be OK now.....

http://news.msn.com/us/obama-time-to-review-local-police-militarization

Obama says we need to review the militarization of police and is sending Eric Holder to fix things.
Eric Holder is part of the problem in America. Racist. Lawbreaker. Liar. Perjure.

Howdy,

That has to be the lamest "news story" in the history of Mankind.

If the cop's story is true why wasn't there any powder burns or GSR on Brown's body or clothing?

Also, how did a 5' 10" man shoot a 6' 4" man in the top of the head downward into his body.

Cop's "story" doesn't add up and there have been anyone come forward that could prove they were on the scene at the time that backed up the cop's story.

Paul

Howdy,

That has to be the lamest "news story" in the history of Mankind.

If the cop's story is true why wasn't there any powder burns or GSR on Brown's body or clothing?

Also, how did a 5' 10" man shoot a 6' 4" man in the top of the head downward into his body. Cop's "story" doesn't add up and there have been anyone come forward that could prove they were on the scene at the time that backed up the cop's story.

Paul

I think its possible. If he's shooting and the last shot hits Brown when he is falling to the ground, then it can hit that way. I think what will be more informative will be the wounds on the arms, to try to determine if they were raised in a surrender. That said, I posted a recorded conversation earlier where someone was describing Brown as having turned around and charged towards the police officer. We'll see how things go as details come out.

Howdy,

Also, how did a 5' 10" man shoot a 6' 4" man in the top of the head downward into his body.

Cop's "story" doesn't add up and there have been anyone come forward that could prove they were on the scene at the time that backed up the cop's story.

Paul

one scenario is- he could be charging at the cop.

Would you come forward and allow your name to be released amidst all this violence and chaos?

Some interesting statistics about how residents of the town of Ferguson, MO are treated by the "justice" system have just come to light:

2014-08-19 14:03 by Karl Denninger

Gee, did Mr. Brown get *****ed off at being confronted by a cop because he had a handful of stolen cigars in his hand or did he do so because on a historical basis walking or driving while black is the reason people get -- at least financially -- attacked in Ferguson on a literal daily basis?
“Despite Ferguson’s relative poverty, fines and court fees comprise the second largest source of revenue for the city, a total of 2,635,400,” according to the ArchCity Defenders report. And in 2013, the Ferguson Municipal Court issued 24,532 arrest warrants and 12,018 cases, “or about 3 warrants and 1.5 cases per household.”

Really?

Oh, it gets better:

A Ferguson court employee reported, for example, that “the bench routinely starts hearing cases 30 minutes before the appointed time and then locks the doors to the building as early as five minutes after the official hour, a practice that could easily lead a defendant arriving even slightly late to receive an additional charge for failure to appear.”

So the court (intentionally) starts hearing cases before your appearance time and if you're not there before the time you were summoned you're at risk of having a second charge added for failure to appear. Then on top of that if you're as little as five minutes late the door to the building is locked, so you can't even plead your case that they called you before the time on the citation -- quite reasonably so, especially if you took public transit to get there. Now you wind up with a second charge against you, and no opportunity to contest it since, of course, there's no proof you were there as you can't get in.

Can anyone reasonably claim a rigged system like this generates 3 legitimate arrest warrants per household in a year?

REALLY?

Growing up with that all around you on a daily basis doesn't give you a perfectly-good reason to believe that a cop who stops short and exits his car because you're walking in the street, an "offense" that at worst should generate a jaywalking citation and on a residential street, which this was, it shouldn't generate anything at all except perhaps a rolled down window and a polite inquiry as to the fact that you're running the risk of getting hit by a car, might be an excellent indication of bad faith on the part of the officer?

THREE WARRANTS PER HOUSEHOLD folks and over $2.6 million in fines and fees last year, or to put a number on it about $130 per man, woman and child in the town? Over $500 per family of four on average?

This is legitimate rather than outright theft and extortion?

Riiiiiiight.

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."

Indeed experience hath shewn exactly that.

PS: What do you do when the MO of your city, on the numbers, is "Armed robbery by the police"?

And on the question of how it might go if Wilson is ever prosecuted for civil rights violations or murder, consider this:

The state is woefully ill-equipped to meet its burden of proof that the state is guilty of a crime. A state prosecutor being run by a state-employed judge making his/her case against a state employee is the very definition of a stacked deck against the state's victims. It is the same frustration that led to the Bundy Siege that is driving the legitimate protesters (as opposed to the criminals) in Ferguson. The state cannot be trusted to police itself. It has been proved time after time after time. We, The People failed We, The People when neglecting to include severe penalties for any offense against the public trust when the Constitution was written and ratified. So, it's fair to just say, "That's the system, get over it," but the truth is at the bottom line that government can still not be trusted to police itself.

Blues

The light will shine on this event. With or without MaoBama and his lackey Holder. BUT with this King, cause it's never been a Presidency at least according to the COTUS, he'll manipulate data and info to show how racist this event was. Again, another Snake Oil Salesmen selling his wares. NO need for facts, just incite and embellish what you want the people to hear. Friggin Stalin would be proud. Shet, Karl would have been proud.
-
Communist N Cheat, "Fundamentally Change America" "The MOST transparent Administration ever" Ever try to get a FOIA from this POS and his minions?

A Ferguson court employee reported, for example, that “the bench routinely starts hearing cases 30 minutes before the appointed time and then locks the doors to the building as early as five minutes after the official hour, a practice that could easily lead a defendant arriving even slightly late to receive an additional charge for failure to appear.”

As having a lead foot- i've had plenty of speeding tickets handled by attorneys and decided one day to try my hand at representing myself- since what could be the harm, besides being granted a continuance. I walked into C (Town) (very wealthy community) with a ticket for a driving w/ a suspended driving license and speeding ticket- because:

6 weeks prior (approx) F (town- even wealthier than C) had pulled me over, I didn't have insurance card. Forgot to show up to show them current, so they suspended my DL, without my knowledge, which i'm not disputing. After C-Town pulls me over- i find out and get a ticket for driving w/ suspended & ALSO get arrested, bc of Frontenac's traffic warrant. They phone F town, and get the okay- for me to bail myself out from C town. Long story short- I was in and out of the station within 20 mins. The arresting officer even took me back to my car, which he allowed me to park in a neighborhood, and watched me drive off, after he had given me a driving on suspended. I then went to F town to show that my insurance was current at the time of ticket, got my DL suspension revoked. $20. Then at court, since i had a "perfect" driving record, the prosecutor dropped my speeding ticket- and fined me $200 (including court cost) and dropped the driving on suspended down to non moving.

So- around christmas after that, i'm driving back from visiting friends in IL, and take 270. And get pulled over for speeding in Calverton Park (North county), so i get off at the upcoming exit. The cop proceeds to harass me about my car- which was a brand new 750li. Asking what i do for a living. I answered. So then he seemed somewhat "understanding" (maybe to say- oh, she isn't a drug dealer.)- and says, "I'm going to let you off with a stop sign ticket."

I go to Calverton Park court, thinking i can rep. myself easy- when i finally get to the judge- he TOO asked me "what is it that you do young lady?" Then, after i answered, he said, what is it that i can do for you, so i said, since i have an excellent driving record, am i able to take a driving course and get the ticket dropped to a non moving fine. To which he says- no. you will need an attorney for that. And gave me a date to which the case which continued. 2 months later- my ($100) attorney sent me a letter stating that i owed $150 in non moving violation and no class.

Oh and btw, how he spoke to me, was WAYYYYYY nicer than how he spoke to other people who had similar traffic infractions. Def was an eye opener. You could tell the median income of the people in line was lower than average. All these people showed up bc they did not want to or have the money to hire an attorney. Were they just going to have to take their chances and more than likely pay a fine that would result in points on their license.

It is past time people understood their proper place in the scheme of things. "We the people" are nothing more than commoners representing a source of income for the elite "them the government". We commoners should stop being so uppity as to think we actually have rights or some kind of voting power over how things are done.

Hmmmm.... I can't decide if I'm being sarcastic or just stating the unvarnished truth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back