Man arrested for having '2 extra bullets' in his sidearm's magazine.

But they are never challenged until someone breaks the law. Look at all the case laws, it is almost always 'government' vs. 'Joe Citizen'

DC vs. Heller
Florida vs. J.L.
Bailey vs. U.S.
Terry vs. Ohio
and hundreds more
you have confused criminal prosecutions with civil challenges to laws, all those challenges resulted from prosecutions

I agree that the 7 limit is stupid. But it is the law. I've heard lots of blowhards claim how they will not follow the law. If you won't follow the law, then you are a criminal who shouldn't own a firearm.

Try telling that to all of those criminals in the white house and in congress.
They break the laws of our Constitution almost 'daily' and nobody is arresting them!

Some of these so called 'laws' are just too damn stupid and unjust to even be followed imvho.

When I lived in Los Angeles for 'many' years, it was 'illegal' to carry a sidearm without a CCW, yet it is pretty much impossible for the 'average law abiding citizen' to even get a CCW. At the same time thousands of violent gang members and even illegal alien gang members were (and still are) carrying firearms and terrorizing Joe Citizen 'at will' every day & night!

While minding my own business and living my life in Los Angeles, I have been caught in the middle of a few incidents on the streets where I easily could have been victimized/killed if it were not for my trusty sidearm.

Call me a blowhard if you want to, but I'm still alive and in one piece today because of my own personal sidearm's, not because of 'the Law', the law was never there when I needed it to protect me in those dark moments.
And I have never been arrested, Do you want to know why?
Because I never ever went out 'looking for trouble'...That's why.

Here is a quote from a blog I read that fits in with this "conversation" we are having:

When a law is silly, good people may break it; when a law is wrong, good people have to.

I wouldn't tell you what to do, beyond telling you that you probably already know the right thing to do. I will tell you that if I see you breaking silly laws without hurting anyone or their property, I will respect you. But if I see you breaking, or even openly defying, bad laws, I will consider you a true hero.

Look at how many heroes from the past are heroes because they broke and defied bad laws. Rosa Parks and Henry David Thoreau come to mind. How many heroes from the past do we look up to strictly because they obeyed laws? I can't think of any right now.

The law only deserves respect as long as it is respectable. "Laws" which attempt to control or regulate things other than theft, aggression, or damaging or trespassing on privately owned property do not deserve respect. In fact, they deserve contempt.

This also means that anyone I see enforcing silly laws is someone I have no respect for, and anyone I see enforcing bad laws I see as the enemy of everything America was supposed to be, and an enemy of liberty and decency.

No excuses involving "the will of the majority" or "just doing my job" hold any water. And any claims of "upholding my oath" are worse than pointless when your interpretation of your oath requires you to do wrong.

This doesn't mean it's always nice to break all silly "laws". Some behaviors are just not polite, regardless of the law. It isn't always smart to do everything you have a right to do. You need to look at unintended consequences that can result. Of course, this applies to proposing and enforcing "laws" too.

This profusion of "laws" has caused a condition I call "law pollution". It has been estimated by attorney Harvey A. Silverglate, a civil liberties advocate who has researched the issue, that each and every one of us commits at least three felonies every day; usually without knowing it or having any ill-intent. That's hilarious.

When everyone is some sort of a criminal it means the laws are wrong; not that everyone is bad.

If I were inclined to give you advice I would say "do what's right, and don't worry about what's legal". Come to think of it, that's the same advice a retired deputy sheriff once gave me.

Here is the link to the actual article from Kent McManigal:

Kent's "Hooligan Libertarian" Blog

Let me ask all these people that think we ALWAYS HAVE TO FOLLOW THE "LAW" a question.........

IF Tomorrow YOUR STATE passed a "Law" that says that ALL CCW Permit holders are REQUIRED (by law now, remember?) to have a locked trigger lock on their carry piece (gun) any time they decide to go armed in public, are YOU going to follow that "Law"?

(in other words, you would need to go hide somewhere, take out your key from wherever you have it and unlock your trigger BEFORE you can use your gun)

You are lying stacks of crap if you say you would follow that type of "law" and you know it.... Now do us all a favor and go back to your liberal utopia and stop giving those of us that live in the real world a hard time about being realistic...

Taking the law into your own hands, deciding on your own which law to follow and which law to ignore is not the way to do things and could get you into a heap of trouble.

Oh!, so you have never crossed against the light, exceeded the speed limit, failed to come to a complete stop, nor engaged in any of the carnal pleasures that I'm sure are outlawed in your state, as they are in mine.

I think you are all missing the point. I never said don't break the law I said very distinctly if you do break the law be prepared for the consequences.

I’m going to use accidental felon as an example again, he decided that Chicago’s gun laws were unconstitutional and that he had a God given duty to disobey them.

If you believe his story he ran into the perfect storm and got caught carrying illegally in Illinois and was convicted and became (as his screen name suggests) a convicted felon.

He then showed up here and spent a few months whining about how unfair it was that he got caught intentional breaking a law.

Not surprisingly he got little sympathy

Obviously spoken (written) by someone who has no clue what a "Law" is..... If it doesnt line up with the constitution (Why is "Shall NOT be Infringed" sooooooooooooo hard for these idiots to understand?) then it is NOT AN ACTUAL "LAW" So... common sense would dictate that NOT FOLLOWING IT would NOT be Breaking a "Law"

That's very nice but until a higher court tosses it out the law is the law and we can all come visit you in jail.

Oh!, so you have never crossed against the light, exceeded the speed limit, failed to come to a complete stop, nor engaged in any of the carnal pleasures that I'm sure are outlawed in your state, as they are in mine.

are you really this dense?
if I did break a traffic law and received a ticket for it I wouldn't be pissing and moaning like many of you are. regardless of what you think of a law it is up to you to be in compliance with that law. if you think the law is unjust there are ways to work to get the objectionable law changed, if you think the law is unjust and you decide that the law does not apply to you or you are going to practice civil disobedience, that is fine, but don't piss and moan about rotting away in jail awaiting your day in court.

That's very nice but until a higher court tosses it out the law is the law and we can all come visit you in jail.

So tell us ....... just what do their boots taste like? or do you go more for the browneye????

The courts are NOT the ones who get to decide what is Constitutional or not.....We, the people of this nation are the ones with the power here, not them...

Those like YOU who say the "courts, govt,police, lawyers, yada yada..." have the power are why we have some of the problems that we have now... You and those like you, who know NOTHING about the real Constitution or the principals this country was founded on and have swallowed completely the bull you "learned" in govt "schools" have 100% relinquished your DUTY to hold this govt accountable and then turn right around and ridicule and belittle those of us who are trying to make them STOP infringing on our rights...

if you think the law is unjust and you decide that the law does not apply to you or you are going to practice civil disobedience, that is fine, but don't piss and moan about rotting away in jail awaiting your day in court.
Civil disobedience works much better when more and more of us refuse to be taken to jail....... You do know that it is near impossible to get a fair trial anymore, right? So why bother going?

Or is being a man and standing up for what is right just too much for ya? OH... NOW I get it... you just like sitting behind a keyboard and projecting your fears onto us..... and telling us that we would act like you would.... pissing and moaning in jail, right?

I am SOOOOOOO tired of all the puzzies on this and every other forum out here saying we HAVE TO FOLLOW THE LAW OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!! the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!! save us mr internet hero!!!!!!

Grow up or lick the boots (balls?) dude, your choice.... in the very near future, I would say darn near all of us are going to have to make a very hard choice and my guess is that those who post crap like you do are going to be dead or in a detention camp... Because you dont have the balls to do what has to be done.... The decision has to be made BEFORE the situation comes along or YOU WILL Freeze/Choke and then it will be too late....

Disclaimer:As I said in a prior post in this thread, I in NO WAY will "cast the first stone"..... Leave me alone (my rights) and you have nothing to fear from me.

are you really this dense?
if I did break a traffic law and received a ticket for it I wouldn't be pissing and moaning like many of you are. regardless of what you think of a law it is up to you to be in compliance with that law. if you think the law is unjust there are ways to work to get the objectionable law changed, if you think the law is unjust and you decide that the law does not apply to you or you are going to practice civil disobedience, that is fine, but don't piss and moan about rotting away in jail awaiting your day in court.

You can't be for real, your follow the law to the letter stance, then post the above diversion shows that you aren't here to debate, just to rumble. And clearly have no understanding of how one stands up for their rights and freedoms.

So tell us ....... just what do their boots taste like? or do you go more for the browneye????

The courts are NOT the ones who get to decide what is Constitutional or not.....We, the people of this nation are the ones with the power here, not them...

Those like YOU who say the "courts, govt,police, lawyers, yada yada..." have the power are why we have some of the problems that we have now... You and those like you, who know NOTHING about the real Constitution or the principals this country was founded on and have swallowed completely the bull you "learned" in govt "schools" have 100% relinquished your DUTY to hold this govt accountable and then turn right around and ridicule and belittle those of us who are trying to make them STOP infringing on our rights...

Like I said we will come visit you. You can ramble on about this but it won't help you.

You can't be for real, your follow the law to the letter stance, then post the above diversion shows that you aren't here to debate, just to rumble. And clearly have no understanding of how one stands up for their rights and freedoms.

I'll be waiting for your test case to hit the supreme court, just don't be dropping any soap

The older I get the more I believe that you only have the rights you have the power to enforce.
I get that some of the participants here think that this law violates (hypothetically unless you live in NY) your rights but unless you’re willing to go literally to war against the state of New York and able to win you have two choices, obey the law or accept the consequences.

What you can’t do (alone) is bend the State to your will. What you can’t do is openly flout the law and get away with it, you may do that for a while but you will eventually end up in a confrontation with the PTB that will lead to some consequence being imposed.

A couple of you talk about ignoring the law and how you haven’t been caught and it’s entirely possible that you could go your entire life with out being caught or you could have that one bad day that ruins your whole life.

I’m reminded of a quote from the movie “TAPS”: The National Guard commander is speaking to the Cadet Commander; he says “Major Moreland Sooner or later the Governor will order me to take back this school and when he does I’ll do it and you won’t ever be that unhappy again.”

So,you can talk all you want your rights but the truth is you only get to live that way until you get caught and when that happens you won’t ever be that unhappy again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back