Man arrested for having '2 extra bullets' in his sidearm's magazine.

Your post stated that if he were to disobey the magazine limit as a way to protest you said he was nothing more than a criminal and shouldn't be allowed to have a firearm. Those were your words...

Cite the post in which I said that please

Your post stated that if he were to disobey the magazine limit as a way to protest you said he was nothing more than a criminal and shouldn't be allowed to have a firearm.

That was posted by nogods, an attorney I have been told. I wouldn't want to hire an attorney that thinks that unjust laws are just.

That was posted by nogods, an attorney I have been told. I wouldn't want to hire an attorney that thinks that unjust laws are just.

nogods never said the law was just he said that the proper way to address unjust laws was with in the system

Treo.... Did I tell you lately that I love you bro?
If not, I'm telling you now. Stay safe my friend.

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Go back and read your history, for that matter go read "Johnny Tremain" (always a worthwhile read) The founders exhausted every legal means of redress at their disposal before resorting to force of arms to settle their differences with the crown.

Go back and read your history, for that matter go read "Johnny Tremain" (always a worthwhile read) The founders exhausted every legal means of redress at their disposal before resorting to force of arms to settle their differences with the crown.
You have actually hurt your case instead of bolster it with your words.....

The "Crown" actually had the power (legality) to do to the colonies what he wanted for the most part.... The "govt" of this country has gone way past its "legal authority" and is now in itself "UnLawful" ....... Anything that does not line up with the Constitution is NOT LEGAL.... Period.... Why is that so hard for some of you to understand???

So you'd rather be where? 6 feet under or in Mexico? Where are you going with this?

It means I will fight to the death anyone who tries to infringe on my God Given Rights.... That plain enough for you?

Defending yourself against what to you is an attempt on your life (which I consider any attack on my rights to be) is justifiable self defense.. Maybe not to the general public or the courts, or even to most "gun rights advocates" but nonetheless to some of us it is not only our "right" but our duty to do so....

It means I will fight to the death anyone who tries to infringe on my God Given Rights.... That plain enough for you?

Defending yourself against what to you is an attempt on your life (which I consider any attack on my rights to be) is justifiable self defense.. Maybe not to the general public or the courts, or even to most "gun rights advocates" but nonetheless to some of us it is not only our "right" but our duty to do so....

6 feet under then. Well, I gotta work so my family can eat so please forgive me if I don't follow.

6 feet under then. Well, I gotta work so my family can eat so please forgive me if I don't follow.

Since I have such a terrible time getting my point across in words, I'll let Sam speak for me:

“Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth? If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!”

Since I have such a terrible time getting my point across in words, I'll let Sam speak for me:

“Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth? If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!”

Thank you, but actually technically I am not an American so not sure how that would work then.

I actually do see your point and it's quite honorable. What I don't see is how that is supposed to end well for you. We're after all not actually talking about licking some tyrants boot heel but about laws that were legally put in place and until a court tosses them out we're bound to follow them. You don't get to pick and choose the ones we like.

The fact that you are still alive is prima facie evident that you won't.... That plain enough for you?

Let me ask all these people that think we ALWAYS HAVE TO FOLLOW THE "LAW" a question.........

IF Tomorrow YOUR STATE passed a "Law" that says that ALL CCW Permit holders are REQUIRED (by law now, remember?) to have a locked trigger lock on their carry piece (gun) any time they decide to go armed in public, are YOU going to follow that "Law"?

(in other words, you would need to go hide somewhere, take out your key from wherever you have it and unlock your trigger BEFORE you can use your gun)

You are lying stacks of crap if you say you would follow that type of "law" and you know it.... Now do us all a favor and go back to your liberal utopia and stop giving those of us that live in the real world a hard time about being realistic...
While I get the point you're making, the example is unrealistic. Heller affirmed that a locked gun is not able to be used in defense therefor requiring guns to be locked did violate the second. This was the crux of the Washington D.C. case.

The fact that you are still alive is prima facie evident that you won't.... That plain enough for you?

Is that all you have?

With ZERO thought that just possibly no-one who has attempted to infringe on my rights has followed through once they found out it might end badly for them? Or that I was not the weak prey they were used to pushing around?

If you (any of us) dont have the resolve to defend yourself (or your rights) with lethal force, you cannot persuade others that you are serious.... I HAVE Persuaded those few who HAVE confronted me... And this will probably come as an utter surprise to your limited thinking on the matter... But I didnt have to even hint that I would harm those who confronted me in any way... All I have had to do is refuse to bow down to their false sense of "superiority" and stand my ground .... I simply refuse to allow the situation to turn out the way my antagonizer intended, with me being the one who submits.... You will find (if you ever decide to become a man and start standing up for yourself) that 99% of those in "authority" are spineless cowards once they realize you arent afraid of them.....

As I have said before on many occasions, I DO NOT INITIATE any encounters....

The "Crown" actually had the power (legality) to do to the colonies what he wanted for the most part.... The "govt" of this country has gone way past its "legal authority" and is now in itself "UnLawful" ....... Anything that does not line up with the Constitution is NOT LEGAL.... Period....
When I read "Common Sense" by Thomas Paine he could be talking about modern America instead of King George. Our forefathers are turning over in their graves.

Thank you, but actually technically I am not an American so not sure how that would work then.

I actually do see your point and it's quite honorable. What I don't see is how that is supposed to end well for you. We're after all not actually talking about licking some tyrants boot heel but about laws that were legally put in place and until a court tosses them out we're bound to follow them. You don't get to pick and choose the ones we like.
I never, ever (to my knowledge) even hinted that it would end well for me, in fact, I am resigned that I may someday be dead on the side of the road, and I do NOT look forward to that at all, neither do I ever want to be in a position of having to harm anyone for anything.... EVER!

As far as those laws you claim were "legally put in place" you sir, are 100% WRONG in that statement... they are NOT "legal" laws at all, they never were, and never will be while the 2nd Amendment is still in the BOR.... Even if it is removed, I would still NEVER follow a "law" that would hinder my safety in any way.... Free men are strange in that sense I guess... We dont allow others to dictate what tools we may have/use for our defense, no matter who tries to tell us we have to.

While I get the point you're making, the example is unrealistic. Heller affirmed that a locked gun is not able to be used in defense therefor requiring guns to be locked did violate the second. This was the crux of the Washington D.C. case.

Fine, be all technically "correct" , lol

I concede that part sir...

Please consider my "like" on this post to be quintupled! :eek:)

With ZERO thought that just possibly no-one who has attempted to infringe on my rights has followed through once they found out it might end badly for them? Or that I was not the weak prey they were used to pushing around?

Yet.

The point I’m trying to make is that you can say that you’ll fight to the death but the fact is you’ve never been shoved into that corner. Do you consider NFA an infringement on your rights? Do you own a machine gun? If you own one illegally I don’t expect you to answer that but then again you’re all about standing up for your rights to the death so if you do own an illegal machine gun then you need to strap it on and walk down main street and dare them to try to take it.

What several people here are trying to say is that if you try to step outside the law to address your grievances with the PTB you are either going to go to jail or you are going to die.

Let’s go back to Accidental Felon for an example, the guy stated clearly that his prohibited person status did not stop him from having his wife straw purchase firearms for him; so let me ask you when the BATFE shows up on his door step to take him and his wife to jail and his kids (if any) to foster care how, exactly, is he going to stop that from happening? When you run into an Ohio cop and fail to “promptly” notify him that you are armed and he decides to arrest you for it care how, exactly, are you going to stop that from happening?

Yet.

The point I’m trying to make is that you can say that you’ll fight to the death but the fact is you’ve never been shoved into that corner. Do you consider NFA an infringement on your rights? Do you own a machine gun? If you own one illegally I don’t expect you to answer that but then again you’re all about standing up for your rights to the death so if you do own an illegal machine gun then you need to strap it on and walk down main street and dare them to try to take it.

What several people here are trying to say is that if you try to step outside the law to address your grievances with the PTB you are either going to go to jail or you are going to die.

Let’s go back to Accidental Felon for an example, the guy stated clearly that his prohibited person status did not stop him from having his wife straw purchase firearms for him; so let me ask you when the BATFE shows up on his door step to take him and his wife to jail and his kids (if any) to foster care how, exactly, is he going to stop that from happening? When you run into an Ohio cop and fail to “promptly” notify him that you are armed and he decides to arrest you for it care how, exactly, are you going to stop that from happening?

*SIGH*.......
I have already more than answered all of these questions many times yet you keep asking them...... You also ask questions that dont apply to me which is also explained in what I have already written... You can just go back and read my posts yourself. (since you obviously havent read them yet)

I suppose I will save you the trouble on just a few of them since I havent specifically written about them before, although it is included in blanket statements before.. Yes, the NFA ban is 100% UnConstitutional..... I suppose I will have quite a few automatic weapons in the future if I am still alive then... It is called battlefield pickups and spoils of war....

As far as Ohio's "must inform" statute... it is UnConstitutional on more than one count.... Self incrimination for one.... IF an armed Felon gets stopped by a cop in Ohio, he has more rights than a CCW holder...........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back