Looking for compact single stack 40 caliber pistol.

I've been reading the threads on this app for a year and never thought of chiming in until Dirty Harry started his rants. I have found a lot of useful info here as well as entertainment! Thanks to all the good members

Hmm..

The Smith & Wesson Shield line is a fine choice. I had to ring them both out for approval with our department and for a magazine article I wrote. Both functioned flawlessly with every brand of factory ammo I shoved in them as well as with my match reloads. Note: Even reloaded 9 and 40 cases with the "Glock Bulge" chambered and functioned flawlessly. You would be well served with the Shield line.

The Springfield XDs in 40 is also a good choice. I evaluated the XDs in 9, 40, and 45 for the department and as part of that evaluation I used an XDs in 40 in an IDPA BUG match. It was a flawless performer as well. I am not generally a Springfield polymer fan, meaning I am not a fan of the full size XD and XDm line, but that is a matter of hand-to-grip fit and I prefer the Glock which I have carried for nearly 30 years as my duty gun, off duty gun, training gun, and match gun. BUT...I would use any of them to fight with and not feel as though I was at a disadvantage in the least.

Another choice, which is actually my preferred compact single stack is the Kahr CM40. It has no external safety, but it has a truly decent DAO trigger that makes it amply suitable for pocket holster and standard holster carry. It beat both the Smith and the Springers in accuracy...but not to sound dickish...but the average shooter will never realize the accuracy potential of any of the pistols mentioned, so I wouldn't let that be a factor in your decision making. I shoot well 1200 - 1600 rounds a week in matches and in training which is more in a week than most so-called shooters will shoot in 2 years. I prefer the Kahr. I have used mine for years and it has well over 3500 rounds through it with one failure, which was with a euro-trash brand frangible ammo I was testing. Forget the myth of having to change the springs every 2000 rounds. I am on my original set and they have zero reduction in power.

Link Removed

Yes...that is what I carry when I travel and a rifle is not practical. My hotel room companions.

My guess is that we see a new member name of either Charles Bronson, John Mcclane, or Rocky Balboa, lol. Just a hunch.

The Place To Be

Originally Posted by GGB

I've been reading the threads on this app for a year and never thought of chiming in until Dirty Harry started his rants. I have found a lot of useful info here as well as entertainment! Thanks to all the good members.

Hmmm. What?

There's plenty of other "members" with plenty of these "rants" that have make more trouble here than they're worth.

True... but they also give useful information. DH was only looking to provoke and had a teenager mentality. He replied to threads that were 10 years old. I'm not here to argue I'm here to learn and share.

I carry an xds 40 and would have suggested it. I would have brought it up ear but the op said he wanted a manual safety early in the thread.

True... but they also give useful information.

Good info or not but refraining from piss-poor presentation of said info means much more to some people.

DH was only looking to provoke and had a teenager mentality.
I didn't see that any more than from plenty of other people who frequent this forum but you seem to be fixated only in the ones who you thought didn't give good enough information.

He replied to threads that were 10 years old.
So. Happens all the time. What's your point?

I'm not here to argue I'm here to learn and share.

What do you think you're doing now?

Get used to it. If you spend enough time around here you'll see that arguing is a very common occurrence.

What are you so angry about? Need a hug or something? I'm sure your buddy dirty hairy will help out.

What are you so angry about? Need a hug or something? I'm sure your buddy dirty hairy will help out.

I'm not angry about anything, fella....[emoji41] What gave you idea? I'm just suggesting that since you're new here to be careful who's backside you go sticking your snout up.

And 'Dirty Harry' is not my, "proverbial" buddy. Stop making things up as you go. Just because I found it a little strange he got banned for whatever reason doesn't mean he's my buddy.

But how about we get back on topic, what's left of it anyways.

Just to close this topic and to actually provide some meaningful content, the reason for not holding the handgun vertical in that position is that clothing can interfere with the action and jam up a pistol. That's why a right-handed shooter would cant the handgun outwards, away from the body, such that the slide and ejection port is away from the clothing. A left-handed shooter needs to turn the gun 90 degrees. Otherwise, brass gets ejected into the clothing and deflected back into the gun, jamming it up. The vertical and close-to-the-hip hold was developed and used for revolvers, where the risk of clothing getting between the hammer and the transfer bar is minimal.

DirtyHarry made it 4 days in this forum, posting a lot of straightforward nonsense and personal attacks. There was a reason why I was holding out on the explanation above. It is a demonstration of how wrong-headed a person can be when that person has zero training, yet claims to be an expert and belittles others.

My explanation above ain't rocket surgery. It is taught in beginner courses at reputable firearms training schools. Anyone reading this post should realize that I was stating the obvious and not some super secret gun move with the explanation above.

I always encourage people to get training from reputable firearms training schools. I have not been to a single class where I didn't learn something new. If you have never been at such a class, you really have no idea what your deficiencies are and what you are missing out on.

DirtyHarry made it 4 days in this forum, posting a lot of straightforward nonsense and personal attacks. There was a reason why I was holding out on the explanation above. It is a demonstration of how wrong-headed a person can be when that person has zero training, yet claims to be an expert and belittles others.

My explanation above ain't rocket surgery. It is taught in beginner courses at reputable firearms training schools. Anyone reading this post should realize that I was stating the obvious and not some super secret gun move with the explanation above.

I always encourage people to get training from reputable firearms training schools. I have not been to a single class where I didn't learn something new. If you have never been at such a class, you really have no idea what your deficiencies are and what you are missing out on.
I want to do a Sig Academy course this coming fall and they have so many that I'm trying to decide on which one best fits for my time available. One of my buddies that owns a liquor store went to one and greatly enjoyed it and learned a lot.

I saw the Dirty Harry thread and stopped trying to follow his careening post vomiting. MMA, street fighters, boxers...who knows? A young person I would guess. He would be the teacher in this link😏.

The Place To Be

I want to do a Sig Academy course this coming fall and they have so many that I'm trying to decide on which one best fits for my time available. One of my buddies that owns a liquor store went to one and greatly enjoyed it and learned a lot.

I saw the Dirty Harry thread and stopped trying to follow his careening post vomiting. MMA, street fighters, boxers...who knows? A young person I would guess. He would be the teacher in this link��.

The Place To Be

As for Sig Academy, this just happened: Sig Sauer Academy Range Shut Down After Stray Bullet Hits Vehicle. The incident happened in April and they are working on fixing the range.

As for selecting a class, I always favor multi-day classes. Realize that if you haven't been to the training school before, there are often prerequisite classes required or strongly recommended to take advanced classes. Every time I am going to a new school, I am taking the basic prerequisite class and then some advanced class, even if it is not required. I really like 3-4 day classes that start out with freshening up knowledge, ingraining the terminology of the particular school, and getting used to the training style without getting immediately put under stress.

I especially like the "shooting over the shoulder while looking away" technique. Of course all the falls, rolls, and flagging "corps" members is great **** too.

Revolutionary man....re-vo-lu-tionary.

I am pretty sure you are aware of VODA Consulting and Lucien Black as well then? The theory:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back